IF magazine's Top ten heroes want to see turn into a film

He also is heat and cold resistant because of the very different temperatures underwater. Morrison gave him high level telepathy. And his water hand....well its pretty much a deus ex machina if you want it.

Sorry.

She was competent in an era of camp where low budget shows were the norm for a character which has never had a good live action adaption.

The bar wasn't that high for her to be the best.

You're just burnt out on CGI. Just avoid the films with it for a while.

Aquaman's abilities to swim in the water can make him incredibly bad ass. He's got around Spider-man level super-strength, incredibly durable (bullet proof since Atlanteans have to survive in the ocean's constant pressure), enhanced reflexes and has minor super-speed on land. In the water these abilities are about a hundred times superior. His hook could cut through steel like butter in seconds with his speed and power behind it.

He once had the ability to cause seizures with any being which species was descended from fish, including White Martians. He's a warrior king that when I was reading commanded a fleet of ships that was powerful enough to threaten the entire world's surface militaries into surrendering just by showing up.

He's the kind of anti-hero who wouldn't be afraid to piss off guys like Orion if he doesn't like what they are doing. He did this in Morrison's JLA.

Watch the episodes he appeared in on JLU. Its the best adaption of the comics.

I'm only a casual Aquaman fan. There's plenty more there like the Water Hand but I don't know the specifics on that.

I'll look into it. I actually never watched JLU :csad: (runs and hides).

looks like their top 4 is also the rumored top 4 WB is said to be looking into earnestly (again).

and to be fair, i think most people just dont get Aquaman. he certainly has a lot of potential. the fact that many people sit up and take notice whenever theres a discussion of the lost city of Atlantis means that Aquaman has a shot at being entertaining for the audience if they just spin their stories right.

I was so excited for David Goyer's The Flash, and I didn't expect the film to be shut down. I'm still excited for any potential film about the character.

I'd also be down for Plastic Man. :D

Wha? no Swamp Thing on the list?

He can have a darker film than Batman!

It's utterly bizarre to see the Sandman thrown in with a bunch of superheroes.

Also, goddamn, Wonder Woman's comics were set in World War II during World War II (and when they were trying to ape the TV series); she's no more bound to that era than Superman or Batman is.

I would agree that a second try at a Supergirl movie would be potentially awesome. Only not a Buffy clone like the nineties one. I have my own ideas as to the direction of said, movie, but that's a topic for another thread.

Yeah, the casting is horrible... and the ideas they have are generally horrible. The Flash one is decent, but in general. Yikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"