Dwayne "the rock" Johnson to be in a DC movie. Can you smell what WB is cooking?

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is a name that pops up regularly when it comes to comic book movies. The Rock was in talks to play the starring role in a movie based on the DC Comics character Lobo, but last we heard that movie had been scrapped. The Rock has also campaigned in the past for the role of Marvel Comics character Luke Cage, but with that character tied up in a TV deal with Netflix, it’s unlikely that a Luke Cage movie will be coming anytime soon.
During a Twitter Q&A today, The Rock was asked if he were ever approached by Marvel Comics or DC Comics, then what hero or villain would he like to play. Instead of directly answering the question as asked, The Rock dropped a bombshell by revealing he was already talking to Warner Bros. about a DC Comics property. The Rock tweeted, “We just had a big meeting w/ Warner Bros CEO re: @DCComics 2014 we will partner up and create the cool bad assery. #RockTalk.”
So does this mean that the Lobo movie is back on? Or is The Rock talking about a completely different project? In regards to fan casting, The Rock has always been the favorite to play Black Adam in a Shazam movie, but there hasn’t been any indication that a Shazam movie is imminent. There are really various characters in the DC Comics Universe that could be a good fit for The Rock. Any guesses as to which role he might be in the running for?

source: http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/12/31/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-in-talks-for-dc-comics-movie/

My guess? Lobo, Martian Manhunter, John Stewart Cyborg or Black Adam.

Last edited:
Cyborg has to be younger obviously. It's most likely Lobo, or maybe John Stewart.

it's most likely Lobo.

WB/DC are planning to do low budget movies for some of DC less established characters starting in 2014. it's got nothing to do with this movie though. Hope not anyway.

Lobo :yay:

r61h.jpg

I'm confused. This doesn't mean he's in BvsS does it? He's in something else DC-related?

Pretty much this.

Although Lobo, John Stewart, or Darkseid would be my preference. :woot:
Darkseid will be badass. But can The Rock play that "heavy" villain role?

I'm confused. This doesn't mean he's in BvsS does it? He's in something else DC-related?

The Rock isn't slated to appear in BVS, but he confirmed on Twitter that he was in talks with WB CEO to appear in a DC Comics-related property.

The Rock isn't slated to appear in BVS, but he confirmed on Twitter that he was in talks with WB CEO to appear in a DC Comics-related property.
he neither confirm nor debunked that he's gonna be in SupsvsBats.
He can be MM
or in a new green lantern movie starring as John Stewart or as Lobo.

I see. Well, I'd be ok with him as a character in a separate DC project, but don't want him as Lex or some major character in BvsS. He seems like a nice guy, but I've never thought of him as a great actor.

he neither confirm nor debunked that he's gonna be in SupsvsBats.
He can be MM
or in a new green lantern movie starring as John Stewart or as Lobo.

what's to confirm? We would've got wind of it a while back if he was set to appear in the BvsS.

what's to confirm? We would've got wind of it a while back if he was set to appear in the BvsS.
No, because they're in talks and they can not announce it until the deal is closed.

If Dwayne is indeed lobo, I pray they give him sun glasses.
Maybe even flash that eyebrow of his.

Just recently Jason Mamoa was rumored to be in B vs. S, and now the Rock? Wonder if they are being considered for the same part.

No, because they're in talks and they can not announce it until the deal is closed.

If there still in talks and it's for the mos sequel then there's something wrong here as the film begins production in two months. No way they're going to leave it this late. Negotiations would've began a lot earlier ad they're would've been rumours flying around that he's going to be in it.

Just recently Jason Mamoa was rumored to be in B vs. S, and now the Rock? Wonder if they are being considered for the same part.

:up::up: for your avatar. I love that interview, especially that part. She is crazy cute.

If there still in talks and it's for the mos sequel then there's something wrong here as the film begins production in two months. No way they're going to leave it this late. Negotiations would've began a lot earlier ad they're would've been rumours flying around that he's going to be in it.
but a cameo at the end... ehem Darkseid ehem Lobo ehem... I don't know.
I'm not saying it's MOS2 related but can be related.

I'd pretty much see any DC movie with Dwayne in it. Even Lobo, and I've always hated that character.

Some of the other suggestions are great too though. He could make an epic Darkseid or perhaps Martian Manhunter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"