Dwayne "the rock" Johnson to be in a DC movie. Can you smell what WB is cooking?

john stewart makes the most sense.

some people have gone on saying that a live action capt. marvel ain't happening so black adam would be counter productive.

fast-6.jpg

Dwayne-Johnson-Gal-Gadot.png

Why are people so on board with the rock? I honestly don't get his appeal.

Understandable given how hit and miss his films really are. But when he works, it's pretty great.

I thought he was awesome in Fast 5 and 6, especially the latter.

Understandable given how hit and miss his films really are. But when he works, it's pretty great.

I'll try to be open minded. As long as he's not Lex, I'll be ok. I could see him as John Stewart or Cyborg. I didn't know he was as popular as people have said, so I guess this is good financially speaking.

I think he is somewhat of a superhero fan too. I think I remember seeing him wearing a Superman shirt or something.

I did not give two ****s about the F&F Series until The Rock showed up in Fast 5. That was actually a very entertaining because it was more about the heists than the races. And the babes. And The Rock and Vin Diesel beating the crap out of each other. ;)

If he's John Stewart i want everybody to remember my Rock for Green Lantern suggestion from last year that got laughed at in the Justice League boards :woot:

Could they do a completely different take on Cyborg?? Making him older? Sure. But i think it could be the resurrection of the Lobo concept they had going. I dont care for Lobo though.

He could end up being Doomsday, not Darkseid. I doubt they're even thinking of that character yet.

If he's jon stewart, it would be like his Road block character on GIJoe only he would point his fist at stuff and shoot cgi...I can't get around how much I'm not a fan of this idea, even with all the pro's that come along with it for WB. It's a very one note characterization.

Luthor? The man is bigger than Michael Clarke Duncan but with twice the charm. Reminds me of Kingpin, another waste of his particular talents.

Doomsday is a growing beast...

Black adam for a captain marvel film that will never come to be.

Darkseid or Lobo I hope.

I did not give two ****s about the F&F Series until The Rock showed up in Fast 5. That was actually a very entertaining because it was more about the heists than the races. And the babes. And The Rock and Vin Diesel beating the crap out of each other. ;)

Agreed. When they added The Rock in Fast 5, that added a new dynamic to the franchise and it worked very well!

He was good in both Fast 5 and Fast 6.

I can see him as John Stewart also. Especially how the misinformation reports surfaced at NukeTheFridge about Denzel being cast as John Stewart.

Could that piece of misinformation have been a hint that John Stewart is being cast, but with a different actor like The Rock?

Hmmm.......

Im intrigued by this thought in my mind, where they change Cyborg around to fit an older adult. Younger than Affleck's Batman but around the same age as Superman, even a few years older. The general audience doesn't know the character. The fans barely care for Cyborg being in this, as he is, because to them he belongs in Teen Titans. But if they change him with Dwayne playing him..it could go over big.

I dont see Rock playing a villain.

Id take Elba over Rock for Green Lantern but Rock would be the bigger business move and the easiest to pull off when it comes to contracts.

Agreed. When they added The Rock in Fast 5, that added a new dynamic to the franchise and it worked very well!

He was good in both Fast 5 and Fast 6.
That actually had more to do with Justin Lin and Chris Morgan imo. Lin in particular is too underrated these days.

I dont see Rock playing a villain.

Id take Elba over Rock for Green Lantern but Rock would be the bigger business move and the easiest to pull off when it comes to contracts.
Dwayne signing on to lead the new green lantern franchise could be a very lucrative venture for all involved.
His brand will def be tested with this Ratner hercules picture. Sandal epics just don't work these days.

Awesome, hopefully WB starts making some announcements on castings

ЯɘvlveR;27546335 said:

Since they seem close, I'm gonna guess:

Plot Twist: Dwayne Johnson is Steve Trevor:yay::o

I totally just put that kinda thought in your minds didn't I? :p

My guesses would be

1)Lobo as his buddy Brad Peyton was the most recent director attached to that
2)Black Adam
3)Green Lantern
4)Icon (extreme long shot)
5)He'll be doing some voice over work for cartoons and video games
6)New character

Last edited:
Let's not forget Hawkman who many thought Momoa might be up for.

My assumption would be Lobo. Little known character with Dwayne Johnson's stardom would be a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"