• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dwayne "the rock" Johnson to be in a DC movie. Can you smell what WB is cooking?

If the Rock does play John Stewart, it would be a good choice.

I think Giancarlo Esposito would make an excellent MM, but I could definitely see The Rock in the role.

I think Giancarlo Esposito would make an excellent MM, but I could definitely see The Rock in the role.

Wouldn't that be one of the oddest miscastings in cbm?
Know better than to not have an open mind but given J'onn is this ultra pensive shap changer that's none for being stop spoken and things like that. Why the Rock?

This DC universe is starting to steal some of Marvel's thunder lately with their upcoming projects.

I think it's Black Adam! :)

Warner will seperate BA from Shazam, just as Marvel separate Ultron from Ant-Man.

The Rock is a better fit for John Stewart than Martian Manhunter.

Ive never been a fan of Dwayne, but if he plays Black Adam I would honestly be completely fine with that. As long as he can pull off the accent he would be perfect for Adam. And he can be Black Adam without the need for Captain Marvel. (Even though im a fan of Captain Marvel)

I think it's Black Adam! :)

Warner will seperate BA from Shazam, just as Marvel separate Ultron from Ant-Man.
Thats What I want. Even though I like Shazam, Black Adam would be AMAZING in the DCCU

This DC universe is starting to steal some of Marvel's thunder lately with their upcoming projects.
If they announce something super solid with Dwayne Johnson with a good director attached, than wB will really be on it's way.

Ive never been a fan of Dwayne, but if he plays Black Adam I would honestly be completely fine with that. As long as he can pull off the accent he would be perfect for Adam. And he can be Black Adam without the need for Captain Marvel. (Even though im a fan of Captain Marvel)

I don't see that happening. I think it'd be more likely they green light a joker movie without batman. Black Adam is a dead end imo. The execs would be for more likely to go ahead with a new lantern than "black adam" I can see the posters already..

Maybe he'll be a Wonder Woman villain, like Ares or something?

I don't see that happening. I think it'd be more likely they green light a joker movie without batman. Black Adam is a dead end imo. The execs would be for more likely to go ahead with a new lantern than "black adam" I can see the posters already..

I disagree man. Though I never said they should do a Black Adam solo movie, I could totally see him being introduced as a villain of the Justice League. And I think it would work, but we all have our opinions I guess.

Maybe he'll play Bane and he'll be South American this time.

But I thought WB doesn't have a plan!! :oldrazz:

Black Adam should be out of the equation since they're not doing a Shazam movie, Superman has enough villains anyway.

Director Peter Segal: “The thing is, Shazam has always lived this tortured life going against Superman. This dates back to the 1930s. Because Captain Marvel had similar powers to Superman, the DC folks back then sued what was the most popular comic book on the stands at that time. Years later, they bought it and it became a DC property but, as long as Superman stays hot in the market place, there seems like a little bit of a crossover between the two characters. After Bryan Singer’s “Superman Returns,” it seemed like there was a moment in time where Shazam was going to see the light of day. That’s when you heard those stories. Now that Superman is being invigorated and going up against Batman, I think it’s difficult for DC to figure out how to launch this character in the wake of Superman’s resurgence.”

What makes more sense for the Rock is Lobo or Green Lantern, we'll see.

I disagree man. Though I never said they should do a Black Adam solo movie, I could totally see him being introduced as a villain of the Justice League. And I think it would work, but we all have our opinions I guess.

Fair enough, just thinking as fun as black adam may or may not be(I've mostly seen him used as a heavy in most dc events or adaptations), WB scoring the rock in a cbm seems like something they would want to be more opportunistic with.

For example. Could they hypothetically cast Batista as a black adam villain in a JL movie? Could they do the same with Batista in a stand alone franchise. The rock is pretty huge right now. To each his own

Ya he was good in Fast 5 & 6 and also really good in Pain & Gain and Snitch.

I think I would like to see him as Darkseid the most, Lobo and GL would be cool too.

I'll always be a fan of The Rock

He was pretty fun in Pain&Gain this year.

Lobo is the best fit for him, IMO. He'd be perfect for Black Adam as well, but I don't see that character being used anytime soon.

I can also see him as Darkseid or Metallo. However, he'd be a miscast in roles like Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, and Lex Luthor (I'd laugh hysterically if he was Lex). I'm slowly warming up to him as John Stewart, and WB probably wants him for something bigger than Doomsday.

Or maybe it's a character that none of us expected.

Wasn't there rumors months ago about the Johnson doing something with DC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"