Dwayne "the rock" Johnson to be in a DC movie. Can you smell what WB is cooking?

Can everyone please stop suggesting Aquaman, the Rock will NOT be playing Aquaman. Prince Orin of Atlantis was exiled because of his BLONDE hair, a defining trait of the character. You want an Atlantian with dark hair for the Rock to play? His name is NAMOR!

The rock can just dye his hair. By the way, just be honest, that you don't believe a black guy would play Aquaman. It doesn't make you a racist.

Stormwatch+-+Martian+Manhunter+01.png

Martian_Manhunter_0062.jpg

Martian_Manhunter_0070.jpg

JusticeLeagueofAmerica2Katana.jpg

rock_eats_rocks.jpg

I'd like to see him play Martian Manhunter. He is just so huge compared to regular humans, The rock could play him.

Last edited:
The Rock should be cast as The Atom.

Just because it would be funny.

The rock can just dye his hair. By the way, just be honest, that you don't believe a black guy would play Aquaman. It doesn't make you a racist.

1. That would look so fake, and so bad.
2. I'm part black myself.
3. Rock is 3/4 Samoan.

Aquaman having blond hair can be adapted out. It's not the most important part of the character.

Stormwatch+-+Martian+Manhunter+01.png

Martian_Manhunter_0062.jpg

Martian_Manhunter_0070.jpg

JusticeLeagueofAmerica2Katana.jpg

rock_eats_rocks.jpg

I'd like to see him play Martian Manhunter. He is just so huge compared to regular humans, The rock could play him.

bingo. This would be so great. Having rock portray him would also add some popularity boost for MM

I was SOOO sure they were lining him up as Stewart, but with all his dropped hints I don't have a clue anymore. MM makes as much sense as anyone based on what he said, and I'd be ok with the casting I guess. I've just associated MM's voice with Carl Lumbly for so long hearing the Rock's voice would trip me up.

Hmm.

I'd say it's between these guys:

3253467424536457-585x255.jpg

55_JohnStewart.jpg

JLA-571.jpg

3542354635467-585x270.jpg

4653465746534675-585x259.jpg

and I'd be down for any choice.

He made it sound like they're writing a solo movie, so I do think that Black Adam is the most likely choice (who he said was his favorite character, along with John Stewart), in a 2017 SHAZAM film. I sort of doubt Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, or Green Lantern would get solo films, though maybe I underestimate WB. Lobo seems like it's in the cards, but does he fit the description of an extremely complex character? Maybe The Rock thinks he does.

Last edited:
Hmm.

I'd say it's between these guys:

3253467424536457-585x255.jpg

55_JohnStewart.jpg

JLA-571.jpg

3542354635467-585x270.jpg

He's tweeted that Stewart isn't in the running. He wants something he can put his personal stamp on, and he said since GL has already been done he feels he wouldn't have that opportunity.

Well there is the possibility that the Rock is throwing us off the scent with the Green Lantern comment, but I mostly think he was just trying to tell us that he's going to be Black Adam.

118oqki.jpg

Last edited:
Well there is the possibility that the Rock is throwing us off the scent with the Green Lantern comment, but I mostly think he was just trying to tell us that he's going to be Black Adam.

That's always a possibility with these situations, but I get the feeling he was being honest.

After all these years it would make sense for WB to finally cast him as Black Adam. The Rock hasn't really played many villains and Black Adam is a pretty complex character. And due to the Rock's physique and Black Adam's own power levels he would make for an interesting opponent in a first Justice League movie if that's the direction they went in.

The only reason I haven't completely bought the theory that he'll be Black Adam is because I don't think WB has any plans for Captain Marvel (i'll never call him Shazam) to come to the big screen anytime soon - at least not before WW and Flash and a rebooted GL. Also, I've personally never really bought him as a potential John Stewart, so that leaves MM and Lobo (no way Hawkman is happening this soon) as the most likely candidates.

Given that MM isn't in the core Justice League in the New 52 i'm skeptical they're introducing him right off the bat either. So that leaves Lobo, which has been rumored to be at some level of development for years. Rock has mentioned that "John Stewart could kick Superman's ass" in a tweet but maybe that was a smokescreen. After-all, saying "I could kick Superman's ass" is something Lobo would say

I think it's Lobo.

Got a feeling that he'll 1st be used as a henchman-type to Darkseid in JL and then as the leading character in his own movie.

Lobo looks like this now though (right?)
3319567-rock+emo+lobo.jpg

So they would go with this and not the old version and that would mean he probably would fit the part now. (Maybe)

Lobo looks like this now though (right?)
3319567-rock+emo+lobo.jpg

So they would go with this and not the old version and that would mean he probably would fit the part now. (Maybe)

Ugh I hate this version. Can't wait until it gets inevitably retconned or this happens

3281624-3242295067-old_l.jpg

What about this guy?

New-God-Orion-Cliff-Chiang-2.jpg

Sort of ticks off most of the descriptions. But comes with a lot of baggage. ie. New Gods. But the way he's been introduced in the New 52, they really didn't wade into it.

And this:
289242-120498-orion.jpg
2869135-sm_cv20_gp3n7w4l3z_.jpg

Last edited:
What about this guy?

New-God-Orion-Cliff-Chiang-2.jpg

Sort of ticks off most of the descriptions. But comes with a lot of baggage. ie. New Gods. But the way he's been introduced in the New 52, they really didn't wade into it.

And this:
289242-120498-orion.jpg
2869135-sm_cv20_gp3n7w4l3z_.jpg

Wow actually that's pretty amazing! I like it. New gods and junk Wehey

What if it's a crossover with batman vs superman.

God_of_War_Vol_1_6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"