Dwayne "the rock" Johnson to be in a DC movie. Can you smell what WB is cooking?

this power level talk is pointless. In the movie they can make anyone as powerful as they want to. GL could be a powerhouse if they want to, Aquaman, cyborg...shiiiiit plastic man might be stretching it but you know what i mean

Jackson king

1230126-wc_19_leraje_cps_004_005.jpg

http://www.comicvine.com/jackson-king/4005-12018/

Oh man, now I really want to see the Rock play Battalion in a Stormwatch movie.

The way he describes his character makes it sound like Martian Manhunter...

I don't know how I'd feel about that, my favorite comic book character ever getting his big screen debut, but being played by the Rock? I don't know...

Danny McBride as Lobo is the greatest thing I've ever heard

I think Johnson will probably play either Shazam or Black Adam.

I am just THINKING outside the box,who knows.

I just thought of something.
Someone mention hawkman,but i realized looking at the black superhero list for DC there is a hawkman type superhero that is black.

I rather see another black superhero on screen instead of having a black actor changing the race of a white superhero.

I think changing the race of superheros or villains is not a good thing in the long run.

That's why i am looking at the black superhero list for DC COMICS INSTEAD of mentioning white superheros he could play.

Martian manhunter is the only one i could think of for both black AND white actors could play or any other race.
Even a female.
HE IS SHAPESHIFTER after all.

So it's NOT really thinking outside box if they plan to have him play a superhero THAT HAPPENS TO BE BLACK.

Northwind
New_northwind.jpg

558674-wing.jpg

Northwind (Character) - Comic Vine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwind_(comics)

Last edited:
dude i'm sorry but none of your suggestions are ever going to pan out.

How about Swamp Thing as another out of left field suggestion?

Lobo or Hwkman with Black Adam in third IMO.

I just thought of something.
Someone mention hawkman,but i realized looking at the black superhero list for DC there is a hawkman type superhero that is black.

I rather see another black superhero on screen instead of having a black actor changing the race of a white superhero.

I think changing the race of superheros or villains is not a good thing in the long run.

That's why i am looking at the black superhero list for DC COMICS INSTEAD of mentioning white superheros he could play.

Martian manhunter is the only one i could think of for both black AND white actors could play or any other race.
Even a female.
HE IS SHAPESHIFTER after all.

So it's NOT really thinking outside box if they plan to have him play a superhero THAT HAPPENS TO BE BLACK.

What are you talking about? Lobo is an alien. Hawkman is either an alien and/or a reincarnated Egyptian pharaoh, Black Adam is also Egyptian (shocker I know but Egyptians were black).
Rock could play anyone of those characters well, and he could pull off John Stewart too.

Really hoping it's either Lobo or Black Adam.

The Rock is Batwing! Not really, but Batwing would be cool to see IMO

Lobo, Aquaman, or Hawkman. It's going to be a character they're trying to push a franchise with.

this power level talk is pointless. In the movie they can make anyone as powerful as they want to. GL could be a powerhouse if they want to, Aquaman, cyborg...shiiiiit plastic man might be stretching it but you know what i mean
I see what you did there:cwink:

By the way here some other superman level or beyond type superheros or villain we need to think about,outside the box.
I ALREADY MENTION ICON,SOMEONE MENTIONED ORION.

Here some others.

Tangent Superman (Earth-9)
1007303-the_superman__04__018__01_.png

Harvey Dent has evolved into the most powerful man on his planet. He uses his powers to help people as the Superman; however, his methods of helping can be ruthless. Harvey is the absolute ruler of Earth-9.

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-45116/
I love this costume if it weren't so damn intricate I would cosplay this ****

The way he describes his character makes it sound like Martian Manhunter...

Sounded like Black Adam to me.

That would be great. He's got the right look and the right frame. Using him for anyone else would be a waste imo

I see what you did there:cwink:
I know,and to make clear green lantern is a powerhouse.

What are you talking about? Lobo is an alien. Hawkman is either an alien and/or a reincarnated Egyptian pharaoh, Black Adam is also Egyptian (shocker I know but Egyptians were black).
Rock could play anyone of those characters well, and he could pull off John Stewart too.

I know about lobo and i almost forgot about him so that's why i said he could play him i guess.

Hawkman the alien is not black and of course there are a number of hawkmens.The one that was an egyptian king,well he could be black as an egyptian but reincarnated i guess he would be white since they showed that hawkman as such too.

The egyptian king should be black but coming back he should remain what he was in modern times,white.

As for the egyptians,i know the original egyptians were black,of course some later were not and overtime things started to change but black adam should remain what he is,a brown race looking man from the comics.

There might have been a few brown looking types in egypt by this time or around 3,000 b.c. of course some would say not,egypt was still all black,and if this is the case then black adam should be black but not just in movies if he is shown,but in comics etc..

Black adam you could get away with it i guess, but the alien hawkman with no connection to egypt? he should remain what he is and the other hawkman too, maybe less so since he was an egyptian king but still he is different person today with only memories of who he use to be.

Anyway those two you may get away with it,black adam and the first hawkman,the second one or aquaman etc..,they should remain more so what they are.

Last edited:
Anyway i am still thinking icon for some reason but some others that the rock could play like lobo etc.. are more well known but still hard to tell.I WISH they come out and say it already.

Last edited:
Rock looks sooo much like black Adam it's almost weird. But I doubt he'll be him based on the fact there's no ground work for that character in the movie, the only way they could show horn him in is if they make black Adam a WW villain, a sort of magic vs magic?

IMO it's more likely he's going to be Martian manhunter, due to the fact nobody has ever brought him to life and given the chance he'd make it his own. I'll still wish for Adam secretly though hehe. Or who knows, he could be a villain totally out the blue, we might be staring at a future darkseid/war.

Right now I'd settle for the damn title of the movie

Can everyone please stop suggesting Aquaman, the Rock will NOT be playing Aquaman. Prince Orin of Atlantis was exiled because of his BLONDE hair, a defining trait of the character. You want an Atlantian with dark hair for the Rock to play? His name is NAMOR!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"