Anyone here like the DtV Lego Batman/Justice League movies?

Milk Tray Guy

70s Man of Action
Reaction score
Based on the Lego games as I understand (I'm not a gamer). Ones I've seen so far,

Lego Batman: The Movie – DC Super Heroes Unite (2013)
Lego DC Comics: Batman Be-Leaguered (2014 - Batman first joins the league - originally shown on TV)
Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs. Bizarro League (2015)
Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom (2015)
Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Gotham City Breakout (2016)

I've yet to see Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Cosmic Clash (2016)

Batman is voiced by Troy Baker - he's paranoid, emotionally repressed, and initially very suspicious of "the alien" (Superman). Other characters we've seen; Robin, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Hawk Man, Cyborg, Green Lanterns Guy and Hal, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Luthor, Joker, Trickster, Cheetah, Giganta, Deathstroke, Penguin, Man-Bat, Captain Cold, Sinestro, Grodd, Bat-Mite, Darkseid, Desaad, Bizarro, Two-Face, and Catwoman. They all share continuity (not the same as that of the big screen Lego movies). Some nice references along the way for fans who listen closely (or like to use the pause button!). Pretty entertaining.

Anyone else like them?

Last edited:
They're, not surprisingly, witty and even well-written. That first one is pretty bad, though, and made worse because of its animation.

Last edited:
Eh, maybe it's just easy to make me laugh! :yay:

I edited my post. They got great people working on those movies, people who are more experienced than the guys working on the PG-13/R stuff.

I edited my post. They got great people working on those movies, people who are more experienced than the guys working on the PG-13/R stuff.

Oh cool, glad you liked them :up: Must admit they took me by surprise a bit!

That first one is pretty bad, though, and made worse because of its animation.

Also, just checked and that first one was produced by TT Animation. The rest are by Warner Bros Animation.

They're all :

mkFuGz7.jpg

I honestly do not like it, the content is mid-level and the character is not attractive at all

Managed to catch Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Gotham City Breakout (2016). One of my favourites so far. Standout locations are Gotham, Arkham Asylum, and Joker's Fun House, whilst Madam Mantis's island Dojo (where it turns out Batman and Deathstroke originally trained) looks good. Lost my attention a bit when we went to the 'secret underground kingdom', but the rest makes up for it.

Introduced Nightwing and Batgirl, along with Beast Boy and Starfire flying the flag for the Titans.

There's a nice nod to the first foot chase with Red Hood in Batman: Under the Red Hood in the way that Nightwing makes his first appearance here and how Batman deduces who he is. Some great recreations of the covers of Action Comics #1 and Detective Comics #27 too - in Lego of course.

Last edited:
Greatly enjoy watching them with my youngest son. They have some good classic comics stuff in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"