• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Steven Spielberg's ''Terra Nova''

lime

Movie critic
Reaction score
"Terra Nova" is an epic family adventure 85 million years in the making. The action-adventure series follows an ordinary family on an extraordinary journey back in time to prehistoric Earth as a part of a massive expedition to save the human race.

The new show will debut at mid-season in early 2011 on Fox.
teranovapicbig.jpg

Why no interest in that show?

Probably my most anticipated new show.

C'mon... it's Spielberg AND dinosaurs. YES, count me in!! Since he won't be doing JP4, why not this?

So it's Jurrasic Park with time travel...wasn't that show callled Primeval?

Is this CGI? If so, pass. And it's on FOX? Pass.

No. They actually traveled back in time to prehistoric Earth. :hehe:

Seriously though...It's not going to be full CG. Obviously the dinosaurs and some of the environments will be CG, but the actors will be real. I'm actually very interested. It should be interesting.

This sounds more like Land of the Lost than Jurassic Park to me.

I am REALLY looking forward to this show!!

I'd like to see it, but I've vowed to never watch a new show on Fox. :( Maybe i'll wait to see if it survives the season and then pick up the dvd set.

If Spielberg is behind it, I doubt Fox would just cancel it.

Interesting. I think this show is going to be pretty fantastic.

I wonder what the budget on this will be. How will they be able to afford it?

I'm pretty sure Spielberg is going to prick his finger and use the liquid gold that flows out of it to pay for everything.

if spielberg's involved, i will (at least) watch the pilot.

International sales.

Certainly is interesting but I think it will launch for Fall 2011. They do have a 13 episode order so Fox can run a uninterrupted season. It worked great with 24 and American Idol, they seem to be keeping that model with Lonestar/Ridealong sharing a timeslot. Why do reurns, that just kills momentum. Cable shows succeed in creating passionate fans by having shorter seasons which improves the quality of the show and having a new episode each week. CBS can have 24 episodes of all their programs but I wouldn't say any of their shows have "passionate" fans.

Well, this blows...
No Terra Nova Panel at Comic-Con
Source: Entertainment Weekly July 13, 2010

Entertainment Weekly has learned that Fox has decided not do do a presentation for "Terra Nova" at the San Diego Comic-Con next week. The show, from the minds of Steven Spielberg and Peter Chernin, was part of the Comic-Con schedule last Friday and was supposed to have had a panel at 3:30pm on the 23rd.

The midseason drama, executive produced by Brannon Braga, David Fury and Alex Graves, is not expected to start production until September and the producers don't have any footage to show the Comic-Con attendees. Also, the magazine adds that "the writers don't want to reveal too much about the high-concept series, which Fury promises will have an 'ongoing mythology.'"

"There are a lot of surprises, a lot of reveals that come out throughout the course of season," Fury said. "If we talk about the more interesting aspects of the show now, we're afraid we'll ruin the surprise for the audience. In this case, everything is moving along steadily, the script has been well-received. We just don't have anything to wow anyone with. It's still in the preliminary stage, It's a huge undertaking."

"There will be dinosaurs that have never been seen before," promises Fury. "They've learned so much since the days of 'Jurassic Park.'"

Adds Braga, "We are presenting a really cool show with a wonderous primeval world. There are not just dinosaurs. There is a whole ecosystem. There will be plenty of adventures and effects, but this is a show about the characters, the humans."

"Terra Nova" follows an ordinary family on an extraordinary journey back in time to prehistoric Earth as a part of a massive expedition to save the human race. Jason O'Mara will star.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=67937

If they weren't going to start production until September, then Fox shouldn't have said they were doing a panel.

I'm high one the three writers/producers in Fury, Braga, and Graves. Spielberg being involved gives me hope that the show will be given time to develop and catch on. I'm excited.....

This one looks like it could be interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"