Revenge of the Fallen The Official Transformers: ROTF DVD/Bluray Thread

Does anyone know about any easter eggs on the Blu-Ray & how to find them? I do know that the create your own Transformer game is supposed to unlock an easter egg but I haven't figured out the right combinations yet.

Yeah, I also like to know about these!!!

There are hidden transformer logos beside some of the options in the menus of the second disc... i wont say where they are because its absolutely not worth finding

did anybody get the optimus experience to work, i put the dvd box on a flat surface like it said and i even held the the thing in front of the web-cam and it still wouldn't scan.

Yes. And then they have the box in the Silver Saturn that Mikela hotiwres. But, that car is left in the factory where Megatron and the Decepticons torture Sam. The box is not seen again until Mikela takes it out of Bumblebee's trunk. You see Mikela and Leo run out of the factory, but they don't have the box. The plot hole is, how did the box containing Wheelie get from the factory to Bumblebee's trunk?
Just watched it again...she carries it out when her and Leo are running out of the warehouse and get into Bumblebee to drive away. You can see it in her hand in the warehouse when they are running.

After watching ROTF on BluRay(Walmart version) I must say the movie is not as bad as I remember it from the theater but my biggest dissapointment is the treatment of the new characters along with Ironhide and Ratchet. They were just tossed to the side to make the Autobots actually have ranks. They were essentially throwaways that deserved better.

That was kind of my main gripe w/ ROTF...how it seemed as if the main Autobots such as Ironhide, Rachet, Bumblebee and (to an extent) Optimus were relegated to background roles...almost cameos.

They spent so much time establishing their characters in the first film only to have them barely involved in the second...

I mean, did Rachet even have lines in this one? I don't remember.

That was kind of my main gripe w/ ROTF...how it seemed as if the main Autobots such as Ironhide, Rachet, Bumblebee and (to an extent) Optimus were relegated to background roles...almost cameos.

They spent so much time establishing their characters in the first film only to have them barely involved in the second...

Only when he & Jolt are upgrading Optimus.

Which tails off to my other main gripe, the other Autobots that were in the movie barely got any screentime as well...I mean, who the **** is Jolt?! He just randomly came out of nowhere at the end of the movie.

Again, i'm not a hater, I thought the movie was an "okay" sequel...but for me the first one is far superior and much more enjoyable. Its certainly the much more coherent of the two...

After watching it on DVD, I was able to count four lines from Ratchet.

"Bumblebee, get them out of here!" (when Sam is escaping the forest)
"This fool is terribly misinformed."
"Ironhide, we should leave this planet."
"Jolt, electrify! Transmit those afterburners!"

Pathetic. He needs more screentime in the third one.

There were way too many robots on both sides.

Well, people in the first one almost everyone said there wasn't enough, now there's too much.:woot:

I don't think there was too much robots but the problem really lies in the fact they were ALL underused. Even the Decepticons besides Megatron and Starscream were merely behind the scenes.

After rewatching a few times, the Devastator vs Twins is my fav scene for some reason. Next to the Decepticons interogation on Sam

I don't think there was too much robots but the problem really lies in the fact they were ALL underused. Even the Decepticons besides Megatron and Starscream were merely behind the scenes.
The only ones who weren't really underused were Bumblebee, Jetfire and the twins. Bumblebee got plenty of screentime and Jetfire and the twins got way too damn much. Jetfire did not need a ten minute speech.

Optimus is really only prominent in about six scenes (Shanghai, NEST briefing, meeting Sam at the cemetery, rescue of Sam/forest battle, Egypt finale, final scene on aircraft carrier), but that's not counting his narrations or all the times you see his lifeless body. Granted, they're all big scenes, but the whole hour and fifteen minutes that he's gone from the movie just drag on and on.

Megatron shows up here and there throughout the second and third acts, at least he's given more time to shine than in the first one. Starscream, while given more lines and screentime than in the first one, is just Megatron's crony and he wasn't given much to do. Soundwave was more of a cameo, but he's my favorite Decepticon, so I wish he would've gotten more screentime, but I'm certain he'll be prominent in the third film. As for Devastator, they did what they could. A character that big takes time and money to render, so I can understand that they couldn't use him that long.

The Fallen's amount of screentime is absolutely pathetic when you consider that his name's in the title. He's there on the spacecraft in two scenes, then once he gets to Earth, you see him again and then he disappears for an hour until Egypt. What the hell was that all about? What was he doing for all that time?

Lastly, the Autobots. Ironhide is my favorite next to Prime, so I was upset that they reduced his role from the first one. But he's nothing compared to what they did to Ratchet. He was given some great lines in the first one and here he was reduced to practically a cameo. And Sideswipe and Arcee were underused. I would have much rather seen all of the other Autobots (Ironhide, Ratchet, Arcee, Sideswipe, and I guess Jolt) go with Sam to Egypt rather than just Bumblebee and the twins.

Last edited:
The only ones who weren't really underused were Bumblebee, Jetfire and the twins. Bumblebee got plenty of screentime and Jetfire and the twins got way too damn much.
Don't forget about Wheelie.

The only ones who weren't really underused were Bumblebee, Jetfire and the twins. Bumblebee got plenty of screentime and Jetfire and the twins got way too damn much. Jetfire did not need a ten minute speech.

Optimus is really only prominent in about six scenes (Shanghai, NEST briefing, meeting Sam at the cemetery, rescue of Sam/forest battle, Egypt finale, final scene on aircraft carrier), but that's not counting his narrations or all the times you see his lifeless body. Granted, they're all big scenes, but the whole hour and fifteen minutes that he's gone from the movie just drag on and on.

Megatron shows up here and there throughout the second and third acts, at least he's given more time to shine than in the first one. Starscream, while given more lines and screentime than in the first one, is just Megatron's crony and he wasn't given much to do. Soundwave was more of a cameo, but he's my favorite Decepticon, so I wish he would've gotten more screentime, but I'm certain he'll be prominent in the third film. As for Devastator, they did what they could. A character that big takes time and money to render, so I can understand that they couldn't use him that long.

The Fallen's amount of screentime is absolutely pathetic when you consider that his name's in the title. He's there on the spacecraft in two scenes, then once he gets to Earth, you see him again and then he disappears for an hour until Egypt. What the hell was that all about? What was he doing for all that time?

Lastly, the Autobots. Ironhide is my favorite next to Prime, so I was upset that they reduced his role from the first one. But he's nothing compared to what they did to Ratchet. He was given some great lines in the first one and here he was reduced to practically a cameo. And Sideswipe and Arcee were underused. I would have much rather seen all of the other Autobots (Ironhide, Ratchet, Arcee, Sideswipe, and I guess Jolt) go with Sam to Egypt rather than just Bumblebee and the twins.

I would have to disagree that Jetfire got to much screen-time, I didnt think he got enough, no were near in fact, especially for one of my favourite Autobots.

I also hated that he was killed and we never got to see the great bits in the comics were everyone distrusts him because he used to be a Decepticon but he turns out to be the hero at the end.

I hate the fact that he has to die to combine with Optimus...

Was it too much to ask for a Transformers Armada style combination sequence complete with blaring action music, random metal crunching sounds, lens flares, lots of pretty colors and splashes and constant 360 degree pans around Optimus?

I mean c'mon! It's based ion a toy right! Might as well have fun with it!

Well, the movie's excuse is probably he was dying anyway to make it dramatic, but its sad to see so many characters disappear by the end of the movie...

Ravaaage!!!!

I surprised there hasn't been a slew of LOL-vage... He's ripe for it...
Especially because he always looks so... happy...

One of the reasons I wanted him to have a crazy voice. He obviously enjoys his work.

Well, the movie's excuse is probably he was dying anyway to make it dramatic, but its sad to see so many characters disappear by the end of the movie...

Ravaaage!!!!
ravage didnt get enough screentime in a f.... transformers movie with more then 20 transformers?

AB!!! The guy who hated this movie and called us all ******s for liking it. I was wondering when you were comming back! Transformers 3 2011 get ready to hate again AB lol!!!

There sure are alot of bleeps in the special features...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"