• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Steven Spielberg's ''Terra Nova''

Well, not like NBC is gonna last longer. I think they go into the network graveyard by 2020. SyFy and USANetwork make money, not NBC.

I can see them picking it up, if FOX pulls "The Firm". Meaning it's budget is from overseas.

NBC will remain afloat as long as NBC Sports remains a significant strength in their network. It is what keeps NBC from folding up shop. It's mainly NFL football and the Olympics, but hockey has decent ratings as does golf and tennis.

It's sad to see it cancelled because I think season 2 could have been a big improvement....but I won't cry over it.

Now if they cancel Fringe and/or Alcatraz i'd be really sad.

If it werent for its budget they probably wouldve gotten renewed. But ohwell. It was very mediocre first season so I wont miss it that much.

NBC will remain afloat as long as NBC Sports remains a significant strength in their network. It is what keeps NBC from folding up shop. It's mainly NFL football and the Olympics, but hockey has decent ratings as does golf and tennis.

Sports saved FOX, it won't with NBC. I think...the public is tired of NBC. Of course that's a lie, cause the current ratings system is laughable.

Netflix Eyes Cancelled Drama ‘Terra Nova’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday March 7, 2012 @ 7:16pm PST
Tags: Fox, Netflix, Terra Nova

EXCLUSIVE: Netflix is already bringing back one cancelled 20th Century Fox TV series, the Emmy-winning Arrested Development. Now the video streaming giant is taking a look at another, drama Terra Nova. I hear that 20th TV and Netflix have been in talks about keeping the pre-historic drama alive. My sources stress that the conversations are preliminary and it is unclear if they will materialize into a negotiation, but for fans of the series left heartbroken by Fox’s decision on Monday not to pick it up for a second season, this is still encouraging news. Immediately after Fox made its cancellation decision, 20th TV made it clear that it would try hard to find a new home for the series and shop it to other networks.

It would make a sense for Terra Nova, a Top 10 DVR gainer, to get a second live on a streaming service like Netflix. During its freshman run, the series‘ 18-49 rating grew on average 44% in Live+7 vs. Live+Same say. In Live+7, the drama starring Jason O’Mara logged a respectable 3.6/9 among adults 18-49. 20th TV, which declined comment, too has an incentive to keep Terra Nova alive as the series, featuring CGI dinosaurs and branded with executive producer Steven Spielberg’s name, is a big international seller. But making a second season work financially without a lucrative broadcast network license fee would be very challenging. Yet, 20th and Netflix already reached an agreement once on a high-end show, a new season of Arrested Development, so while not very likely, a deal for Terra Nova won’t be impossible. Keep the faith, fans….
http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/netflix-eyes-cancelled-terra-nova/

Somebody will pick up the rights to it and make it into a comic book.

Second Season Premiere: All the dinosaurs have mysteriously vanished!

Half the cast is killed off.

Also, Terra Nova now looks a lot like Vancouver.

of course Terra Nova got cancelled, it sucks. Bad writing, bad casting....... it had the potential to be the next LOST, but they ruined it, move it to SiFy

Now, I can't wait for Alcatraz to get cancelled.

:lmao: That is so true. You must work for the SyFy network. :(

of course Terra Nova got cancelled, it sucks. Bad writing, bad casting....... it had the potential to be the next LOST, but they ruined it, move it to SiFy

Now, I can't wait for Alcatraz to get cancelled.

You are an angry person. lol

I liked Terra Nova and I'm starting to enjoy Alcatraz.

Oh well the show is sadly to mediocre and just to expensive to try to save. Plus some of the actors are moving on to new projects.

Haha. It's true, if there is a second season the budget will get cut in half, or by 2 thirds and look very cheap.

Well, they gave it the old college try. Unfortunately that college was community.

Watching this on Netflix now. Too bad I don't have 60 million in my couch otherwise I'd finance this myself ;)

If anything FOX should look into developing this into a film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"