• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Steven Spielberg's ''Terra Nova''

Deadline:
Fox Cancels Drama ‘Terra Nova’, Series Being Shopped To Other Networks
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

There will be no second season of Fox’s pre-historic drama Terra Nova. Fox brass just made the decision after weeks of exploring a second season. Fox had to make the decision early so the show could make a fall return if renewed. Despite its pedigree, prodced by Steven Spielberg and Peter Chernin, Terra Nova did not become a runaway hit but its decent ratings, coupled with strong international sales for sibling 20th Century Fox TV were keeping the show’s renewal hopes alive. 20th TV, which is producing Terra Nova, is noe shopping it to otehr networks.
Damn.... I guess there's still hope, but how many times have we read something like that before?

Expected. Especially when it went so long without any word of renewal.

I had a feeling. Nobody was talking about that ****. Spielberg got his hands in too many things right now, something was bound to fall off.

Oh well.....

I like the series and so did my wife. But it wasn't a monster hit...so with the expense factor thrown into the mix, it was inevitable.

Not surprising but still sad, especially since the next chapter hinted at some very promising ideas.

This is an expensive show. I don't know what network would take this on.

This is an expensive show. I don't know what network would take this on.

That's what I was thinking, if someone does pick it up then I think it will have to take a big budget cut.

That's what I was thinking, if someone does pick it up then I think it will have to take a big budget cut.

If it does get picked up I see less actors(some probably being killed off) and less dinosaurs

Yeesh, that's a rough cliffhanger to go out on. I enjoyed the show, and it was one of the few shows I actually made sure to sit down and watch. But, these things happen.

DVD release for season 1????

NBC is the only hope...I can't see CBS or ABC. CBS airs nothing breaking the bank.
I can't see NBC taking the show on. They're in rough shape as a network, and I can't see them financing a show that's so expensive, and is a major risk to lose them money rather than earn it.

Last edited:
Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a TV movie or two to tie up loose ends.

I won't hold my breath while waiting for that though.

Well, not like NBC is gonna last longer. I think they go into the network graveyard by 2020. SyFy and USANetwork make money, not NBC.

I can see them picking it up, if FOX pulls "The Firm". Meaning it's budget is from overseas.

Unfortunate to hear it got cancelled but not surprised, either. It is Fox, after all.

To be honest, it probably would have worked better animated, but that would just meant it would have gotten canceled faster.

To be honest, it probably would have worked better animated, but that would just meant it would have gotten canceled faster.
It being an animated series would have removed all of the budgetary concerns the show had from the beginning, and the need to only show dinosaurs sparingly and in quick cuts. Now I'm suddenly sad that this wasn't how it was done from the start...

I think there's an untapped market for prime-time animation that isn't just comedy.

SyFy? Doubt it

Last edited:
I say cancel Alcatraz next & give Fringe that extra Season. I like Alcatraz. But if Alcatraz has to be sacrificed for Fringe to get that extra final season. Then so be it

Last edited:
I say cancel Alcatraz next & give Fringe that extra Season. I like Alcatraz. But if Alcatraz has to be sacrificed for Fringe to get that extra final season. Then so be it

Alcatraz .. the idea was good, the execution has been not so good.

I did not mind Terra Nova, and I can not believe that Falling Skies :barf: gets a 2nd season while this does not.

Good. The last few episodes were decent, but overall this show was painfully bad.

I hope another channel pickup the show, it wasn't great but I enjoyed it for what it was.
Like another poster said, I can't understand why they canceled Terra Nova and kept Falling Skies.

I did not mind Terra Nova, and I can not believe that Falling Skies :barf: gets a 2nd season while this does not.

?

Falling Skies is a superior show, especially in the execution of its premise, than Terra Nova was, up until TN's last two or three episodes. And I've been in here defending TN. Just don't knock the show that you obviously haven't been watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"