Steven Yeun is ???

I'm not familiar with the Sentry beyond the basics but I'm always intrigued by out of the box casting choices so I'm eager to see how this work out.

For you maybe. More than half the *comic book readers* I've seen talking about this news don't have a clue who Sentry is. He really is not that iconic.
I was speaking for myself. And I would find this distracting when I finally see him in full costume just like the casting for Adam Warlock in GOTG Volume 3.

And sure, 99.8% of Earth's population aren't aware of these comic book characters, it is still not a good eXcuse to adapt someone from a comic book and cast someone who has zero resemblance to the comic book character.

I was speaking for myself. And I would find this distracting when I finally see him in full costume just like the casting for Adam Warlock in GOTG Volume 3.

And sure, 99.8% of Earth's population aren't aware of these comic book characters, it is still not a good eXcuse to adapt someone from a comic book and cast someone who has zero resemblance to the comic book character.

There is no excuse needed to adapt things in an adaptation. Especially when adapting a cartoony medium to a live-action one.

If Hollywood actually followed your draconian ideal, we'd've never had Jackman's Wolverine, Ledger's Joker, Kravitz' Catwoman, Keaton's Vulture, Batista's Drax, Thompson's Valkyrie, the vastly superior looking MCU Ant-man suits, etc, etc.

And you don't even have the slightest idea exactly how much he will or won't look 'comic-accurate' in the final product, anyway. As if his skin color being somewhat different and hair being darker (assuming they don't dye it) would somehow make him completely unrecognizable if the suit looks exactly the same and the camera direction feels completely ripped out of a comic panel.

I'm glad Steven Yeun isn't in this mainly because I think he's too good to play Sentry, and I think it's a waste of his talents. I don't care for the character.

I don't really care for the character either (and it feels a little Suicide Squad like to have them face one giant unstoppable force), but I'm hoping they'll find an interesting thing to do with the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"