Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
0VQAgmo.jpg
tumblr_inline_nxrvozE1IT1qfhem1_500.gif

I don't believe SS needs close to $800 million to break even.

GOTG was made with much higher budget and made less than that, yet it was considered a huge success.

I am not sure if the 175m budget for Suicide Squad is legit.

If Guardians of the Galaxy didn't crack $800 million, no way in hell this poor GOTG clone makes that much.

If Guardians of the Galaxy didn't crack $800 million, no way in hell this poor GOTG clone makes that much.

Maybe.

But why we didn't read about GOTG needing more than $800 million to break even?

GOTG was made with much higher budget and made less than that, yet it was considered a huge success.

Didn't GotG have a $5 million lower budget than SS?. GotG looks like it got a lot more out of the budget though.

Edit: Saw other information about GotG going over budget.

Last edited:

I've said it before and I'll say again, the break even point for SS is more likely to be in the 550-600 million range.

GOTG did have a budget of almost 200 million but I don't think the cost of promoting and advertising the movie was enormous tbh. I would say GOTG was a big success for MCU and deservedly so. :yay:

And I dont think Guardians spent as much as Marketing as this did.

But again I dont know for sure and am just speculating

Maybe.

But why we didn't read about GOTG needing more than $800 million to break even?

Not sure, and I don't know how much this movie really needs to make to break even. Typically, it would be doubling its budget but movie studios routinely lie about how much they spend on movies and I don't think marketing and distribution costs are ever factored into it.

I was just saying that I don't think this movie comes close to $800 million unless audience reactions are a complete 180 from critics' reactions. And just judging from opinions of people here, my own reaction and the reaction of the friend I saw it with (who is at best a mild comic book movie fan), I don't see this movie getting people to go back and see it more than once, the way GOTG did.

$175M was the original budget for GOTG.

It went over budget to cost $232 eventually.

$175M was the original budget for GOTG.

It went over budget to cost $232 eventually.

Really, are you sure that's the budget of GOTG?

Honest question bro,not being snarky. :yay:

Not sure, and I don't know how much this movie really needs to make to break even. Typically, it would be doubling its budget but movie studios routinely lie about how much they spend on movies and I don't think marketing and distribution costs are ever factored into it.

I was just saying that I don't think this movie comes close to $800 million unless audience reactions are a complete 180 from critics' reactions. And just judging from opinions of people here, my own reaction and the reaction of the friend I saw it with (who is at best a mild comic book movie fan), I don't see this movie getting people to go back and see it more than once, the way GOTG did.

I didn't like SS, but I think it'll make a lot, like many films that I and the critics didn't like.

How much? I'm not sure. I'd say probably more than $700M.

I mean the whole thing about arguing over budgets is silly. I remember a while back that Guardians only cost 175 mill and that seemed really low with all the SFX. I'm sure most movies cost more than they say to make it seem like they're getting better results

Hughes said it needed 600-650 mil to break even.And WB will be celebrating if it reaches 700 mil.He is guy with tremendous inside knowledge so I trust him on this.

Most movie budgets are never really fully disclosed. The only budgets I think are actually accurate are any involving Nolan. He's come in under budget for every movie going back to Batman Begins.

Most movie budgets are never really fully disclosed. The only budgets I think are actually accurate are any involving Nolan. He's come in under budget for every movie going back to Batman Begins.

More proof that Nolan is the only good thing to happen to DC comics characters in the past 20 years. His films didn't need to make astronomical numbers to break even (thus ensuring sequels), yet two of them did anyway.

Oh, but never mind, I'm sure Batfleck will fix everything because he has a Batman movie coming out sometime between now and 2037 and his Batman kicks people faster than Bale's.

I don't really understand why we don't have any domestic box office numbers at Mojo yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"