• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Supergirl Supergirl Season 1 Episode 9 - "Blood Bonds" MAJOR SPOILERS

I just saw this picture online of the two Kara's. One of them is a lookalike (though not a dead ringer) for Melissa.

12510383_1716490435262904_8164497388494180044_n.jpg

Nice find my guess they likely in post touched up the lookalike to look more like Melissa like the cgi stuff they used in x3 to make Xavier and magneto, young, same with ton legacy and antman.

Boy, there are a LOT of Kryptonite powered devices in this show, aren't there?

Jane Doe is kept in Room 52. I'm guessing that's a nod to the New 52.
More like to DC overall, actually. The '52' thing has been there since Infinite Crisis I believe. There was the acclaimed weekly series 52, Trinity (which also ran for 52 weeks), DC Multiverse has 52 Earths...

Also 52 been used for yrs now on arrow and flash as little nods to stuff from producers.

Just watched this...

- Thought the fight between Supergirl and Non was a little short but still awesome.
- The little dig at Superman in the episode kind of bugged me a little tbh, we get it its Kara's story just give it a rest.
- Other than that I enjoyed Kara's minor meeting with Astra, especially how Kara (unknowingly) quoted her Mother Alura with the "bloond bonds us all" comment. Which leads me to...
- The Krypton scene looked fantastic, any glimpse of Krypton is a winner in my book and when its this good its even better. It actually reminded me of Man of Steel, although that of course looked better (movie budget).
- I still don't care for this version of Non personally, his (Superman the Movie) Zod like moment was poorly acted by Chris Vance IMO. I still think I'd have preferred it if they called him something else aswell.
- Kara forgetting her glasses was a fun moment and I liked her trying to convince Cat she was normal. Melissa's cute as buttons laugh is good for the soul :woot:
- I still love Max Lord most on this show, his moment with Jimmy was great and quite sinister.
- General Lane was much better this appearance than his previous one. What he did to Astra was shocking. The Kryptonite injection he was ready to kill her if he had to, just to get answers. This is clearly a General Lane of the Geoff Johns era of comics.
- I liked that Winn knew James was lying, I was glad that James told Winn what Lord was up to. I really would like the two of them to become good friends instead of Winn having problems with him.
- Cat was harsh with Kara about her not been able to work at Catco and been Supergirl. She was kind of right in some ways but in others she was totally wrong.
- I loved Supergirl saving Alex from the bomb with her cape, took me right back to the Fleischer cartoons.
- Lord capturing James or has he called him Jimmy was tense as hell. Such an a-hole for beating him up when he was tied to a chair.
- What a shock (not) the switch was bait, that was a cool moment when the Kryptonian's charged up with their heat vision. I knew Astra would stop the attack. Something tells me she is going to get redemption by the series end. Although I also think she will probably die.
- I'm glad Kara finally knows about Henshaw been the Martian Manhunter.
- I knew Henshaw would end up doubling as Supergirl, Benoist did a good job acting differently haha. The scene did its job but looking at the two together you'd think Cat would think something's up.
- Clark and Kara were back to the instant message chats and I loved that. Its good that he's around if he needs her.
- The ending was a very interesting, Lord is up to all sorts.

I know I said this before the break but this show has its identity now, it knows what it is and what its going for.

A great return for the show, all in all an 8/10

I must have missed the dig on Superman...unless you are talking about the "you are the true heir" part because, she is....she is older, and of course she would think he was nothing but a human having spent his entire life on earth, she doesn't like humans, she thinks they are weak, and believes him to be just like them. Non took a dig at Supergirl, when he said Astra was wrong, you are as weak as a human. NOW, had Kara said something like that, then I would have seen it as a true dig on Superman, in this context, it was simply Astra being Astra IMO AND Non being Non.

Last edited:
I think the dig was when Supergirl threatened to bring Superman in to interrogate Astra, and Astra said he was raised on Earth and I can't remember what else she said exactly, but the gist was that living on Earth almost all of his life makes him weaker than a Kryptonian emotionally/intellectually and would be no match for Astra in an interrogation.

I think the dig was when Supergirl threatened to bring Superman in to interrogate Astra, and Astra said he was raised on Earth and I can't remember what else she said exactly, but the gist was that living on Earth almost all of his life makes him weaker than a Kryptonian emotionally/intellectually and would be no match for Astra in an interrogation.

We are talking about the same scene....

Mind reading Alien (who was killed later by Non) looked creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"