Supergirl Supergirl Season 1 Episode 10 -"Childish Things" MAJOR SPOILERS

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score

5a2ez6.png

Jan. 4th will be "Blood Bonds"
Jan. 11th will be a repeat of "How Does She Do It?"

Then Jan. 18th is the episode that is supposed to be a break out performance for Jeremy Jordan and a fantastic episode. So we have to wait one more week for this one. BUT HEY, we aren't having to wait until March like some shows are....so "don't worry, be happy" that we are getting a new Ep. on the 4th, and just a little wait before the next new episode.

Synopsis:

Kara does her best to support Winn when his father, the supervillain Toyman, breaks out of prison and seeks out his son for unknown reasons. Also, Cat offers Lucy a job at CatCo and Alex asks Hank to use his powers to help uncover Maxwell Lord’s plans, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Jan. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Here are the sneak peek pics: http://www.superherohype.com/news/361975-toyman-arrives-in-first-photos-from-supergirl-episode-10

Preview:

Last edited:
I have a feeling we're gonna get a MM can't read Lord's mind reveal

Saw the trailer for next week's new ep...AND MAN AM I HYPED! Even saw in a treasure chest a cute American Girl type doll dressed as Supergirl. The Toyman brings his playthings, Cat knows Kara's secret and Kara is shocked at her new ally. WHAT WILL HAPPEN...TUNE IN "NEXT YEAR"...SAME SUPER TIME, SAME SUPER CHANNEL!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, FOLKS!

You've posted in the wrong thread mate it's episode 9 that the trailers been released for

OK, it's now in 9. But the trailer DID include at least acc. to Supergirl.TV things from 10.

I know right? Look this show has been about Melissa, but it's high time Chyler got in on the beauty. And let me say...

107412_D0035b.jpg

Y:hrt:WZA! Somebody better call The Hollies...Their "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress" has been cited.

nice pics from the episode. Cant wait to see how this take on toyman turns out. I really liked the one they had on smallville.

nice trailers, def cant wait to see the episode.

At the end of the trailer, is the doll exploding? Or is that Red K I see...?

Odds are I say it's Red K. And that means, anything can happen. But you know Berlanti and his curveballs.

man i hope for red k, i said it in another thread i really hope they do bring in a couple other forms into the show. Though if its red k i really hope or when they do red k they take the comics affects of variety of different things happened. Sv red k was cool but i want to see kryptonite other forms keep there classic affects.

Looks great, I like the take on Toyman.

I do too. Sort of out of the realm. The Toyman in comics and in cartoons was seen as this older man wearing garrish almost circus like costumes. While the producers have the age right, they don't have the outift. But and this just on trailers, they do have his insane mind. Trying to love your son when you killed six people in a bombing?

And this i hope leads to some hubris for Winn jr. and maybe an advance in their relationship...that is until...well one Mr. Foster steps in.

I think it's just the doll exploding. Too early in the season for red K, I think. I'm liking the look they went with for Toyman. More evil Steve Jobs than evil Steve Urkel with a bow tie.

I think it's just the doll exploding. Too early in the season for red K, I think. I'm liking the look they went with for Toyman. More evil Steve Jobs than evil Steve Urkel with a bow tie.

I think you are probably right...

And yes, I think their take on Toyman will resonate much better with an audience that is not necessarily CB fans...sometimes what is in the comics doesn't necessarily transfer to the small screen well, I think this is one of those instances, and I like this take as well.

hey at least he isnt a dude wearing a doll head like the superman animated show had lol.

I think you are probably right...

And yes, I think their take on Toyman will resonate much better with an audience that is not necessarily CB fans...sometimes what is in the comics doesn't necessarily transfer to the small screen well, I think this is one of those instances, and I like this take as well.
I think it's less an issue to translating well but more what they want to focus on. They want to focus on Toyman being Winn's dad so using the animated version from the DCAU wouldn't make sense. If they had wanted to go for creepy/nightmare inducing, that version would have worked very well.

I think it's less an issue to translating well but more what they want to focus on. They want to focus on Toyman being Winn's dad so using the animated version from the DCAU wouldn't make sense. If they had wanted to go for creepy/nightmare inducing, that version would have worked very well.

Creepy, nightmare inducing is not really Supergirl, the TV series....lol So, yeah, good they went with this depiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"