Supergirl Supergirl Season 1 Episode 11 - "Strange Visitor From Another Planet" MAJOR SPOILERS

How is that a diss? If she doesn't want to go out with him, she doesn't have to.

I'm actually blown away at the "poor Winn, he deserves...." stuff being said.

Seriously? They started out as friends, she simply is not attracted to him, and the fact that people are saying she is only attracted to tall, dark, handsome, really is a diss to Winn. He is a very handsome man, but I guess guys that are 5'9" and below, we should feel sorry for them because they are never going to get the pretty girl? But, should at least be given a complimentary date? That is RIDICULOUS....

Yeah, I have to agree with Kelly on this as well. It's never the best or smartest idea to go on a date, let alone get involved in a relationship, because you feel pity for the other person and especially when you (or the other person) doesn't feel the same way.

Loved that scene...

giphy.gif

I knew that I had heard that line from another hero elsewhere.

tumblr_nyczh8GIKN1r3e92ro2_500.gif

This was a pretty good episode, man.

Did anyone notice the change from Hank telling Alex that he's going to "break its (the white martian) body in half and bury it in the dry sand" to Hank telling Kara "let it have me." At first, I thought it was Hank accepting that sacrificing himself would be the only way to save Alex, but then he had the kryptonite handcuffs ready to neutralise Kara after the fight, which made me realise that the whole conversation he had with Kara in the training room might have been to throw her off his true intent, which is to kill the white martian (not admitting the truth to the one person that could stop him from doing it). That level of duplicity just didn't sit well with me for someone who was supposed to be as noble as (the canon) MM. Although it did give Hank's character more depth, thus making him more interesting to watch. There seems to be a little bit of the real Hank Henshaw lurking under the form.

Loved that bit where Kara stands up to Cat, snapping her fingers. The dynamic of their relationship has grown leaps and bounds since the first time Cat tried to fire her (in ep 1). I like this mother/daughter relationship better than Kara/Alex (sister/sister) or Hank/Alex (father/daughter).

Kara shouldn't grab anything in excitement while she's in disguise. That bit on the balcony where Kara grabs the balustrade when she tells Cat that she's "going to fix this," I half expected the brickwork to crush under her hand.

I noticed it, but I think in his mind it was a little bit of all of those things. It was very obvious that he was not thinking straight at any point, and who could blame him after seeing all that he saw. So, I'm not sure if his heart was listening to his head or his head was listening to his heart. I think it is the first thing there, his heart was listening to his head, all the way up to Kara talking him out of killing the WM at the end. I don't think it has anything to do with him having some of Hank in him at all, if he TOOK OVER Hank's body then yes, but that isn't what shape shifting does. So I think it was simply the mind shifting of a man that was truly not exactly in control of his emotions or his mind. Not only was he fighting a demon on the outside, he was fighting one on the inside as well, which is something that these writers have shown beautifully throughout this season.

As far as Kara and the bricks? I just don't watch it all that closely...haha

I agree with the Cat/Kara relationship, I love that....I have a great relationship with my boss who is female as well, and though my boss is MUCH KINDER than Cat, the mentorship is there for sure. BUT....my favorite relationship is the sister relationship between Kara and Alex, that is so much fun to watch, and knowing that it goes with the two actresses playing the roles is very cool to know, and then watch in the series.

Fun Stuff!!!!!!
Yes, as much as I love Cat and Kara's relationship, the relationship between Kara and Alex is also right up there. The actresses are wonderful; I really feel like I'm watching sisters.

Pretty much how I felt as well . It was Harewood's episode as far as i'm concerned, with Flockheart really bringing it. Other than that , I felt mixed on everything else. Jenner was basically another version of Wally West on the Flash who's basically dealing with the same storyline. Like Wally, the actor wasn't all that impressive for me. Apparently he's up for Han Solo . I really didn't see it from this episode.

I was disappointed that Winn had zero role in today's episode especially after last week.

Agreed, the Martian stuff was the best thing about the episode, the rest wasn't as good. David Harewood, Chyler and Melissa were very good throughout. Now the negatives, Berlanti & co are making the same mistakes they've done on Arrow and The Flash regarding romantic relationships. It was completely unnecessary to rush Kara into this new relationship with Adam, a guy she just met, it seems she has a thing for tall guys or something. And Jenner wasn't good, he's no Han Solo material sorry, maybe he got this job just because he's married to Melissa. Anyway, we'll see if at least, Kara stops pinning for Jimmy, her looking sad or jealous every time she sees Lucy and Jimmy together or when Jimmy mentions her got old already. This show would be so much better on Netflix, oh well... back on the good stuff, like others have said, the special effects were very good, better than many movies, so bravo to the production team, very well done.

Well I'm not gonna write Jenner off. it was one episode, lets see how he does in next weeks episode. as to this one seeing that the white martians were basically that planet martian version of naiz's and there are millions on the way.

I think that would be good coming for miss martian.

But after they did the death camps thing, oh that will be rough if hank/ J'honn will ever accept her, even if she's against what her people did.

it'll be interesting if they ever explore it. but they (those white martians the ones that attacked his race any way) are nasty. I hope there were versions that weren't for it. the Genocide of J'honn's race.

Good episode, the best for me so far. Show is getting better, still some cheese moments but they are getting less and less. Show just needs to find both its footing and direction.

What the hell? If she doesn't want to go out with him, she doesn't have to go out with him. Dates aren't done as a favor. It's not an insult if someone doesn't want to date you because it's not about you. If she doesn't feel the same way about Winn, that's the end of the story.

I know, I understand that. My comment just stems from the fact that I can empathize with Winn a lot, having once been a little similar. I get how he feels and what might be going on in his head, that's all.

No, I'm not saying Kara or any woman should date a guy just because he seems nice, I'm just saying I understand where he may be coming from so perhaps I should've clarified better than I did.

I definitely don't look down on Kara for not reciprocating, it is her choice to make once the feelings have been made known.

This episode was simply great! Everything was perfect.

Am I the only one that found it a bit strange that Supergirl right away goes for Kats almost long lost son. You would kinda think she would give them their space before getting emotionally involved with her bosses son. Just seems a bit in bad taste.

@Alien Anal : agreed, it was a bit presumptuous of her to write the letter ( edited ) but it introduced Cat son who will most likely be a love interest for Kara.

The visual effects improved from the first episodes, it was blatant in this one, also Cat face doesn't look photoshoped anymore ( or less ), that was an odd effect they put on the actress.

Edited for misunderstanding ....

Last edited:
Am I the only one that found it a bit strange that Supergirl right away goes for Kats almost long lost son. You would kinda think she would give them their space before getting emotionally involved with her bosses son. Just seems a bit in bad taste.

Since when is saying yes to going to dinner all of the sudden.... "she right away goes after Cats almost long lost son." ????? She didn't even realize he was flirting with her at first.

Dating 101 When you say yes to a date, you have ........ said yes to a date.

Also, I don't know how being asked is the same thing as going after.

This show is getting better with each episode, really starting to like it (although the scenes with Cat's son were cringe-inducingly bad). And that ending! I hope the Supergirl clone ends up being Galatea instead of some kind of mindless zombified version.

Also, I don't know how being asked is the same thing as going after.

Yeah. If anything I'm glad to see her character being willing to go out with a guy who's actually single, and is only interested in her , as opposed to a guy who's got a gf ...cough... jimmy.... cough.:cwink:.

All kidding aside ,do we even know if Blake is gonna be a regular or even recurring at this point, or is he just around for a couple episodes?

Yeah. If anything I'm glad to see her character being willing to go out with a guy who's actually single, and is only interested in her , as opposed to a guy who's got a gf ...cough... jimmy.... cough.:cwink:.

All kidding aside ,do we even know if Blake is gonna be a regular or even recurring at this point, or is he just around for a couple episodes?

Well, he just did a kind of "had a great time filming" on his twitter....and I know they have at least begun shooting Ep. 15 at least, I know 14 was being edited as of a week or so ago.

If that sheds any light on it....haha

I doubt he'll be a regular but he'll probably stick around for a little while or have a recurring role for a bit.

didnt get to see the episode monday due to work and boy was it a good episode. Had to see it later on tues. First glad to see it pretty much held in ratings compared to the last few episodes. So good work for supergirl there. I hope it continues like so rest of the season. First loved the stuff on jon history with the white martians and what they did to the green martians. The white martian cgi looked great. The fight scenes where good too. Also interesting they didnt kill the martian off and laying the seeds for a invasion by them later plot. The stuff with cat and her son adam was handled nicely i thought. And melissa and her husband had some good scenes together. So curious to see how they shape up relationship for there characters. The end tease with bizarro girl was cool too. Def cant wait for next week.

Since everyone is already talking about the general awesomeness of the Martian plot, I'm going to mention something else: Kara really came off well this episode. She had real conviction, consistently, in a way she's usually lacked in previous episodes.

Since everyone is already talking about the general awesomeness of the Martian plot, I'm going to mention something else: Kara really came off well this episode. She had real conviction, consistently, in a way she's usually lacked in previous episodes.

Where.has she not shown conviction? That is the one thing she has had plenty of...

That had to be the weakest slip-up I've ever seen on film. "You let a White Martian blah blah blah..." Really? Here's a clue, Mr. White Martian. If you're talking about White Martians, you either are a Martian, or you know a Martian. No one else on the planet knows anything about White Martians. Then to follow that up with "You're smarter than I thought you were." Yeah, and you're hella dumb!

Of course then Hank turns around and reveals he knows she's a Martian. Instead of, say, trying to signal Alex, or hmm, let's see, stall until Kara gets there. Instead, White Martian freaks out and kills a bunch of agents. Then Hank hems and haws about all the agents that got killed.

Since when is saying yes to going to dinner all of the sudden.... "she right away goes after Cats almost long lost son." ????? She didn't even realize he was flirting with her at first.

Dating 101 When you say yes to a date, you have ........ said yes to a date.

Sorry, poor choice of words. Im not trying to make a big deal out of it I just thought it was a bit odd.

Sure she didn't know he was flirting with her at the beginning but she also didn't know she was his son then either, then after finding out his identity and having the discussion with her sister where she says he was obviously flirting she still then accepts to go out to dinner with him. I just imagine Kara in that position would try keep her distance.

Kara even has that discussion with her sister when she says something along the lines of 'but what if it goes wrong and makes things awkward in the office'.

Sorry, poor choice of words. Im not trying to make a big deal out of it I just thought it was a bit odd.

Sure she didn't know he was flirting with her at the beginning but she also didn't know she was his son then either, then after finding out his identity and having the discussion with her sister where she says he was obviously flirting she still then accepts to go out to dinner with him. I just imagine Kara in that position would try keep her distance.

Kara even has that discussion with her sister when she says something along the lines of 'but what if it goes wrong and makes things awkward in the office'.

Kara (as Kara, not Supergirl (and even then she has had some problems, but in the fighting department getting much better) has trouble thinking on her feet.) I think this was a Kara being Kara situation, she even tried a little bit of "I have to see if I can..." but Cat threw that out the window immediately....hence the then conversation with Alex.

I do however believe, could be wrong, but I think I have Kara's "thinking" down "ok"... ;)... I do not think she would have done that in front of Winn. It would have been another awkward conversation, yes....but she would have declined Adam's invitation. However, Winn was not there, and why not go out with the guy for dinner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"