• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Supergirl Supergirl Season 1 Episode 17 - "Manhunter" MAJOR SPOILERS

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
2a7g3n6.jpg

Synopsis: J’onn J’onzz reveals the details of meeting Kara and Alex’s father, Dr. Jeremiah Danvers (Dean Cain), and assuming Hank Henshaw’s identity. Also, Kara debates trusting someone new with her secret identity and Siobhan (Italia Ricci) plots against Kara.

MORE TO COME....

Pics: http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...iewed-in-supergirl-episode-17-photos#/slide/1

PREVIEW:

Sneak Peek #1:

Sneak Peek #2:

Sneak Peek #3:

Sneak Peek #4:

Sneak Peek #5:

Last edited:
I just put up what CBS put out...don't know who "Guardian" is.... :)

Guardian is tied with Cadmus as they could touch on it in this episode.

Reading the cast list tends to help :cwink:
J’onn J’onzz reveals the details of meeting Kara and Alex’s father, Dr. Jeremiah Danvers (Dean Cain), and assuming Hank Henshaw’s identity. Also, Kara debates trusting someone new with her secret identity and Siobhan (Italia Ricci) plots against Kara, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, March 21 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Supergirl stars Melissa Benoist (Kara Danvers/Supergirl), Calista Flockhart (Cat Grant), Chyler Leigh (Alex Danvers), Mehcad Brooks (James Olsen), David Harewood (Hank Henshaw), and Jeremy Jordan (Winslow “Winn” Schott).

Recurring cast appearing in the episode are Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Lucy Lane), Dean Cain (Dr. Jeremiah Danvers), Italia Ricci (Siobhan Smythe), Briana Venskus (Agent Vasquez), Jay Jackson (News Anchor), Malina Weissman (Young Kara), and Jordan Mazarati (Young Alex). Eddie McClintock guest stars as Col. James Harper

Interesting if we are getting a take on Jim harper and great to see we getting another dean Cain appearance before season is out and to see early Jon and real hank.

Guardian appearing in Sterling Gates' Supergirl run as I recall. I can't remember what he did in it. It was during New Krypton

How long will it be before Colton Haynes plays a version of Roy Harper that's native to the Supergirl world?

Probably never. They likely won't have any connection.

So Siobhan is plotting against Kara. But I want her to become Silver Banshee by the end of the episode and not to waste time in the next one on her origin. Banshee and Live Wire should be just ready to fight when the Flash shows up.

I wonder if this will be the episode where Siobhan debuts Silver Banshee.

Supergirl_117_03.jpg

Supergirl_117_02.jpg

Supergirl_117_01.jpg

It's amazing on how the show can get Martian Manhunter's look so right and yet get the likes of Red Tornado and Brainiac 8 so wrong.

Are you talking about Indigo? I thought she looked fine. Red Tornado was definitely not good though.

I suspect J'onn gets more budget, since he is a major recurring character. Doesn't justify how terrible Red Tornado looked, though; if they couldn't do better than Canvas Suit Man, they should have binned the script and shot something else.

It's amazing on how the show can get Martian Manhunter's look so right and yet get the likes of Red Tornado and Brainiac 8 so wrong.

Red Tornado and Indigo's character design was fine, IMO. Duplicating the former's comics appearance would've made the character even more ridiculous-looking than people think he looked as they realized him, and Indigo was bad-***.

Are you talking about Indigo? I thought she looked fine. Red Tornado was definitely not good though.

The people that I know, that know little if anything of the comics had no problem with either of the looks.

I do however, have somewhat of a problem with how slow Jonn is in fights, he comes off as very sluggish. I hope that they are able to come up with a way for him to be more fluid in his motions as we go on. Having him "look great" is nothing compared to if he can fight and it looks like he is not a beginner....IMO. I do think this will get better as we go.

What we got is 150,000% better than that ludicrous image you linked to.

I digress, though.

Is it wrong that I'm more interested in finding out how Cadmus fits into this episode than I am in finding out more about J'onn's encounter with Hank and Jeremiah?

Not really as I was looking forward to Cadmus more than the backstory.

Awesome. Is this the episode that sends off into the Supergirl/Flash crossover?

Awesome. Is this the episode that sends off into the Supergirl/Flash crossover?

Well, we don't know how they are going to do that, if it is coming from this episode of the Flash episode but this is the episode before the crossover.

Well, we don't know how they are going to do that, if it is coming from this episode of the Flash episode but this is the episode before the crossover.

It seems more likely to happen on the Flash. But I don't know if it will happen on the Flash episode that airs a week before, or the one that airs the day after the crossover (which seems more like it fits in with Flash trying to go back to Earth 2).

Why would they set up the crossover in The Flash E17 when said crossover will have already happened the night before?

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Because the scheduling won't allow them to necessarily air it in the correct chronological order, but this might be the closest thing to it. It's not like they can just switch the two shows around that week as they could if they were both on the same network.

In the Flash E17, the summary says that Barry is determined to go back to Earth 2, and seeks out S1 Harrison Wells (by going back to the past and masquerading as S1 Barry) to help him increase his speed. If he hasn't gone back to E2 yet, then he might only manage to achieve travelling across multi verses by the end of that episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"