• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Supergirl Supergirl Season 1 Episode 12 -"Bizarro" MAJOR SPOILERS

So sad for Supergirl rating, hopefully not a problem for a possible renewal

I don't think it is at this point, as long as it does not fall below that....that is the low so far which isn't a bad low...many series wish that was their low. ;)

I'm not necessarily saying it as a "bad" thing for the story line....she is just scary as hell in this episode. Way, way past the "by the book" we saw earlier in the series.

I think that despite Kara's powers Alex still feels protective as the older sister, and Max is so smart and dangerous she had to take extreme action to prevent the threat he poses.

I loved when she slammed Max into the desk, it was the first time his smug swagger was dented, even if briefly, and the way she told Hank in no uncertain terms where her priority lies was an interesting development for, as you point out, a by the books agent like Alex.

I have to say, the one that is scaring the hell out of me right now is Alex.

She's totally going against what she told Max in 'How does she do it?'

"I work for the Government because I believe that there is no higher calling than helping others."

Unless you threaten a family member, in which case she'll turn the DEO into her own private gestapo and use them to imprison, interrogate and censor you. Her behaviour atm is begging for a heel turn. Sister vs sister. Now that would be an interesting storyline.

--

It's ironic that Cat thinks Kara is acting like her when she's not. She is putting the needs (and safety) of others in front of her own. That being said, the break up had to happen. The whole Cat acting like Kara's new mother was getting old before the episode ended.

I don't think Alex will be going bad any time soon. As a matter of fact, I think the audience was supposed to support her decision to imprison Lord.

I thought the episode was ok. I really liked how they made sure to have Supergirl with sympathetic to Bizarro. I thought it was weird that Superman hasn't had his own. I really am not feeling what they're doing with Jimmy, Kara, and whoever they want to throw in there for a love triangle. There's like three, right?

I also didn't know that Bizarro was supposed to have freeze vision until we saw her breathe fire. I guess that's what happens when you make regular heat vision white instead of orange or red.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I don't think Alex will be going bad any time soon. As a matter of fact, I think the audience was supposed to support her decision to imprison Lord.

I don't think she is going bad, or that wasn't what I was meaning from my post. I think the correct word is more "rogue" in that, she is no longer the "by the book" kind of agent. When it comes to her family, she is going to do "anything and everything" to protect, including going against her superior. Which I think will put some strain on her and Hank's relationship, and throw in his being a father figure to her will amp that up a bit. I have a feeling that Kara is going to get thrown into the middle of that which will, in my opinion, make for some great scenes in the future.

Even though I say that this Alex is a little scary, doesn't mean I think she is wrong in what she is doing I DEFINITELY SUPPORTED HER DECISION TO PUT LORD AWAY....family is family. May not be legally right, but it does the job. :)

I watched the episode again, and I actually liked it better the 2nd time around. There were just a few things that took me out of the moment, and what should have been a fantastic, dramatic, well acted moment at the end for me the first time I just kept thinking, dang you can really tell that Bizarro's face is make up....the 2nd time I focused more on Kara's empathy, and it turned out to be a great scene. But, still one of the more weaker episodes for me.

Last edited:
I thought monday's episode was pretty solid. Not the best or the worst for this season. first the bizzaro and kara scenes where very good, from the story and emotional stuff and the fights. The sfx where top notch again. I was glad to see kara, james, winn back on good terms with each other. The way adam and kara ended was a bit week and if he isnt coming back for awhile it was a bit of a waste of a storyline. I did like we finally got to see james true feeling for kara revealed. Plus the end with lead in to next week episode was nicely set up. Lord i was glad he was captured and curious to see what they do with him. I agree with others he is bound to get a mind whammy and forget about kara.

I had a few issues about this episode- the biggest of which is the feeling that they have gone back on a few character development arcs we have had in the last couple of episodes. Winn and Kara, Kara and Cat and even the entire Lucy-Kara-Olsen affair. Not to add that Alex's behavior seemed extremely random and, I daresay, out of character.

I did enjoy Bizzaro and hope to see more but overall, it wasn't the best.

I enjoyed the episode it wasn't the best episode of the season but it was decent.

A few points:

- Both Melissa Benoist and Hope Lauren did a Fanastic job or portraying Bizarro. They did the character proud for sure. I think this might even be my favourite live action version of the character.
- The FX were again superb, for a TV show they're incredible
- I understand Bizarro-girl detoriated into the creature like version but how did her S end up backwards? That was something that could have done with a little explanation.
- really wasn't to keen on the Kara/Adam stuff but thankfully it's done (for now).
- Maxwell Lord is by far the best villain they've had on this show. He's fantastic, I really can't wait to see where his arrest leads.
- was it just me or did moments of this episode carry a little horror vibe?
- I wasn't expecting the episode to end with the Black Mercy jumping on her, that was very cool. How did it get there? Kryptonians? Maxwell Lord? Are they teasing some villain for the future? Mongul perhaps? Or did it get there on its own? Can't wait for next week

Can't quite put my finger on it but the episode was awesome for the first twenty minutes but then it kind of lost its way a little. Overall I'd say a step down from previous weeks but still a solid 7/10.

Last edited:
Even though I say that this Alex is a little scary, doesn't mean I think she is wrong in what she is doing I DEFINITELY SUPPORTED HER DECISION TO PUT LORD AWAY....family is family. May not be legally right, but it does the job. :)

I watched the episode again, and I actually liked it better the 2nd time around. There were just a few things that took me out of the moment, and what should have been a fantastic, dramatic, well acted moment at the end for me the first time I just kept thinking, dang you can really tell that Bizarro's face is make up....the 2nd time I focused more on Kara's empathy, and it turned out to be a great scene. But, still one of the more weaker episodes for me.

IMO, it made Alex even more likeable, she will do anything to protect her family, Maxwell Lord went too far, he's paying the price and deserves even worse.
Yeah, that make up looked cheap, also, they could've done a better job with the character, a scene or two of Bizarro alone, seeing her reaction to the world around her and more internal conflict, a little more development. Still, the worst part is the whole tired love triangle or whatever it is stuff. Jimmy picked Lucy over Kara, Lucy is a great gal, but he loves Kara more now? And now Winn wants Jimmy to be with Kara? Come on! It's so forced and pathetic, they should've learned their lessons from Arrow and Flash but no, they keep making the same mistake of forcing plots most fans don't like and make the characters no favors.

- Both Melissa Benoist and Hope Lauren did a Fanastic job or portraying Bizarro. They did the character proud for sure. I think this might even be my favourite live action version of the character.

I prefer Smallville's Bizarro, he was more interesting and badass IMO, to each its own. ;)

IMO, it made Alex even more likeable, she will do anything to protect her family, Maxwell Lord went too far, he's paying the price and deserves even worse.
Yeah, that make up looked cheap, also, they could've done a better job with the character, a scene or two of Bizarro alone, seeing her reaction to the world around her and more internal conflict, a little more development. Still, the worst part is the whole tired love triangle or whatever it is stuff. Jimmy picked Lucy over Kara, Lucy is a great gal, but he loves Kara more now? And now Winn wants Jimmy to be with Kara? Come on! It's so forced and pathetic, they should've learned their lessons from Arrow and Flash but no, they keep making the same mistake of forcing plots most fans don't like and make the characters no favors.

it did make her human and more likable. yes but I'd rather like what she did when she arrested lord to stick. and it won't cause there's not enough to hold him.

cause if she had gathered enough evidence to warrant it. As I said prior she was mad cause he out spied her from the moment he call her mata hari he was already on to what she was planning and some what did a turn around on her and got way more info out of her then she did on him, which she still doesn't know how yet, he found so much personal info from her and the fact he used some girls in an experiment with kara's DNA.

sadly when Alex went to confront lord she didn't have any kind of recording device or wire on her. so as much I as like her slamming him on the table , her arrest won't work and since the deo is part of the government , this could put her in alot of trouble with out more valid evidence. what he's can be consider terror act too but they need his weird confession that he does when ever he's confronted by kara or alex or they need more stuff like his paper/ digital work.

if she had recorded lord when he does us usual talk where he half admits to the actions done like the drone and the stealing of kara's DNA to make another version of her that endangered people and made that other version of her a victim, she would have had something on him even if she's in a covert agency.

she was just falling into another trap with lord. sadly.

I'm sure what winn found is still circumstantial seeing he was taking girls prior to when super girl revealed her self to the world as national city's champion.

it'll be case of hisword against hers and alex is smarter then this so her be tough and is good but it works when you have the stuff to back it up or the criminal made his own evidence obvious . sadly ......

I prefer Smallville's Bizarro, he was more interesting and badass IMO, to each its own. ;)
I don't remeber that version so well, sadly I guess that small ville one didn't make much of an impact with me.

Last edited:
Was it just me or did moments of this episode carry a little horror vibe?
The episode was definitely rooted in Frankenstein, so, sure. Mad scientist steals bodies/patients from hospital, experiments on them, sadistically brainwashes them. That's old-school horror.

sadly when Alex went to confront lord she didn't have any kind of recording device or wire on her. so as much I as like her slamming him on the table , her arrest won't work and since the deo is part of the government , this could put her in alot of trouble with out more valid evidence. what he's can be consider terror act too but they need his weird confession that he does when ever he's confronted by kara or alex or they need more stuff like his paper/ digital work.

If Alex didn't record anything, then it's bad writing, she's not dumb, and the fact that Maxwell almost confessed being behind everything was the typical villain exposition cliché (I said to myself what the hell is he doing, shut up already man! lol), the writers should've done a better job with the script, they don't have to make smart characters morons for plot convenience.

If Alex didn't record anything, then it's bad writing, she's not dumb, and the fact that Maxwell almost confessed being behind everything was the typical villain exposition cliché (I said to myself what the hell is he doing, shut up already man! lol), the writers should've done a better job with the script, they don't have to make smart characters morons for plot convenience.
well with in the show guess alex was so overly ticked that when she went to confront him lord she just didn't think to get a wire to record him . or just for got detail of how kara told her that it was lord behind the drones some how. also getting a wire with any agency you have to have it sanctioned or a warrant of some sort if it's domestic and they are in their own home sole.

lol what you just said which I have in red reminded of what world happen if lord had a lawyer in the room and that's running through that lawyer's mind. it's be different if lord said hypothetically and said some one instead of putting him self then it's be different but nope he does tend to talk too much. he's just lucky alex didn't have that an the writers want him to be scott free to cause trouble later. I won't go any further.

but if Alex want to be a bad ass agent (and keep the job), which is fine. I hope she has something to back it up(evidence wise ) and makes it stick and she plays it smart just before she lays the beat down.

I like Alex being smart with that beat down and not being short handed or sighted befor admistering it.

Last edited:

Oh don't get me wrong Tom was badass on SV as Bizarro. I just felt the Supergirl version was a little more the Bizarro I like, sympathetic version.

Superboy's version of Bizarro was fantastic aswell.

The episode was definitely rooted in Frankenstein, so, sure. Mad scientist steals bodies/patients from hospital, experiments on them, sadistically brainwashes them. That's old-school horror.

Yes you're right.

i see no problems with alex myself. And like others said i doubt she go bad/evil any time soon. I said this when show started before we got max lord and other baddies announced i thought they where going to go and make alex a female lex luthor proxy and what not. But with what we have so far no need to do that.

Any confession he made there or in the DEO of anything could not be used in a court of law. He was never read his rights, the judge would throw it out in 2 seconds...he's not stupid, nor are the writers, apparently they do actually know the law. Also, anything that the DEO takes out of his building is also not going to make it into a court because there is no warrant.

Glad the point was made that the confession would be useless.

The recorded confession trope is one that I simply despise.
It would be tossed out of court in real life.

I wonder if Max and his captivity was a subtle dig at The Flash, given how they're still throwing folks in that pipeline. Probably not, but funny if so.

Solid episode, and a good cliffhanger.

Max being imprisoned is a set up for something.
Not sure what yet.

She's totally going against what she told Max in 'How does she do it?'

"I work for the Government because I believe that there is no higher calling than helping others."

Unless you threaten a family member, in which case she'll turn the DEO into her own private gestapo and use them to imprison, interrogate and censor you. Her behaviour atm is begging for a heel turn. Sister vs sister. Now that would be an interesting storyline.

--

It's ironic that Cat thinks Kara is acting like her when she's not. She is putting the needs (and safety) of others in front of her own. That being said, the break up had to happen. The whole Cat acting like Kara's new mother was getting old before the episode ended.

No she isn't she is living exactly by that....in an extreme way YES but she is protecting people and prompted YES by her family being in danger but still helping as a whole.

It will have its consequences for sure, but nothing hypocritical about it.

And you are correct this could lead to a sister vs. sister not in this case but certainly others....she will smother Kara or take an unnecessary chance and Kara will have enough.

As far as Cat and Kara, I totally agree.

Last edited:
Any confession he made there or in the DEO of anything could not be used in a court of law. He was never read his rights, the judge would throw it out in 2 seconds...he's not stupid, nor are the writers, apparently they do actually know the law. Also, anything that the DEO takes out of his building is also not going to make it into a court because there is no warrant.

I don't recall him being arrested until after he made those statements. Statements made when not in custody are admissible even if you don't read people their rights.

I don't recall him being arrested until after he made those statements. Statements made when not in custody are admissible even if you don't read people their rights.

He would have to be brought in by an agency that has the ability to actually arrest him, the DEO does not...at the time he is arrested (meaning they have probable cause) and he is read his rights, then they would bring Alex in as a civilian, take her statement, corroborate it with the evidence that they have and then go from there. All I can say is, good luck with that, he seems to have extremely loyal employees, and one that remembers nothing, and a major witness that is now back in a coma. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"