Superman's power level

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys forget that TA was made to emphasis on the "team" aspect, so they couldn't be too powerful for the sake of the story.

They couldn't have Thor and Hulk tossing around buildings and completely invulnerable in a movie where every hero is supposed to shine.

These heroes aren't completely invulnerable to begin with, and shouldn't be. But they could have shown them doing heavy lifting and other more impressive feats of power. They just didn't choose to, for some reason (budget? not sure, don't care). Same for Cap. They could have shown him doing more "super-soldier-y" moves, they just didn't. It doesn't take away the team aspect when you have heavy hitters, because even with all their strength and power they're still only one person.

Superman's feats and power displays should blow MCU Thor/Hulk's(Even Iron Man's when it comes to flight scenes) out of the water.

Hypothetically should this new movie superman be strong enough to take on all the mcu avengers at once?

Hypothetically should this new movie superman be strong enough to take on all the mcu avengers at once?

Yes. Only hulk would be any challenge at all and even he would succumb quickly as Superman rockets him to the outer reaches of space.

Am I the only one who doesn't compare power levels between characters frm completely different companies?

Guess so, because being from different companies really means nothing when they're all superheroes/villains. Plus, it's fun to just compare and contrast them. DC and Marvel seem to think the same.

jla_avengers.jpg

JLAAvengers.jpg

Meh...I know it's done. I just guess I am the only one who doesn't do it....lol. I'm not really a Marvel fan, so that may be why.

I'm sure there are more on these boards who think that way as well, so don't feel so alone. :cwink:

These heroes aren't completely invulnerable to begin with, and shouldn't be. But they could have shown them doing heavy lifting and other more impressive feats of power. They just didn't choose to, for some reason (budget? not sure, don't care). Same for Cap. They could have shown him doing more "super-soldier-y" moves, they just didn't. It doesn't take away the team aspect when you have heavy hitters, because even with all their strength and power they're still only one person.

Superman's feats and power displays should blow MCU Thor/Hulk's(Even Iron Man's when it comes to flight scenes) out of the water.

No it clearly would take away from the team aspect, because if Thor and Hulk could take on everything TA would be pointless. Look at their opposition, why would they be building throwing level when facing enemies that Black Widow can defeat?

You have to keep things within the context of the story, Superman won't have such restrictions so it's really unfair to compare.

I agree with Big Thor. Thor will probably get to show off more in his own film.

Yes. Only hulk would be any challenge at all and even he would succumb quickly as Superman rockets him to the outer reaches of space.

Gladiator tried that and Hulk Thunder Claped his Head on the way up. It didn't end well. :oldrazz:
72832116bb5.jpg
90150593bt2.jpg

Last edited:
No it clearly would take away from the team aspect, because if Thor and Hulk could take on everything TA would be pointless. Look at their opposition, why would they be building throwing level when facing enemies that Black Widow can defeat?

You have to keep things within the context of the story, Superman won't have such restrictions so it's really unfair to compare.

Thor and Hulk are super strong(while Thor's also super powerful), yet they can't be everywhere at once and that's why a team was needed, regardless of power or strength levels. Even if they were able to lift buildings and throw them, they probably wouldn't because of collateral damage and the danger of harming civilians. Things like that should only be shown in defensive purposes. For example, there's a part in The Avengers when Iron Man's following a Leviathan that suddenly crashes through a building, causing it to topple. I would have preferred to see someone like Thor(Especially Thor, since he was right there when the building fell) or Hulk stop the falling building with their strength.

Even in the future when these characters are hopefully given even more moments of strength and power in their solo movies, the villains they face in the Avengers will have to be powerful enough to take them all(Opposition, like you said) and a team will still be needed.

Considering Thor was a challenge for Hulk, it's safe to say that he would be a challenge as well.

Thor did that cyclone thing in his movie, which is something I have always wanted to see done properly in a Superman movie. I want him to do a super spin. So awesome....

Well using the argument people are giving of how thor and hulk had to be tamed power wise as to not make the avengers team irrelevant, i wonder what dc would do in a similar situation with superman in a jl film?

Especially if they want to use this superman?

I see it like this, *IF* they are deadset on making a JL film, then they should use the same superman thats in MOS.

The Flash should be faster, no contest.
W.W. should be almost as strong, but because she has magical aspects she could stand toe to toe with supes,
GL should be almost as powerful, maybe just as powerful.
M.M. just as strong and also invulnerable,
and Batman should be like he was in the JL animated series, ie, able to go toe to toe with even the most powerful villains bcause of his martial arts training and agility, and also be able to outwit them with his mind.

Superman would be the most powerfullest tho once you added up all his powers like heatvision, X-ray vision, superhearing, speed, strength, etc etc.

They will either have to weaken superman down to their level, or bring them up to his. I really don't want to see Supes weakened for the sake of the other characters, so I prefer they be brought up to his level.

Bring in a Darkseid or Doomsday to justify such powerful heroes. It's not rocket science.
In fact, I'd like to see a villain so powerful that it would take 3 or more supermen to defeat him, hence the need for a JL.

Last edited:
Well using the argument people are giving of how thor and hulk had to be tamed power wise as to not make the avengers team irrelevant, i wonder what dc would do in a similar situation with superman in a jl film?

Especially if they want to use this superman?

It wouldn't be the same though because there would only be one street leveler in Justice League, whereas TA had three.

Since almost everyone on the team is powerful, there wouldn't be a need to tame Supes, but they would certainly need to face a hell of a threat though.

It wouldn't be the same though because there would only be one street leveler in Justice League, whereas TA had three.

Since almost everyone on the team is powerful, there wouldn't be a need to tame Supes, but they would certainly need to face a hell of a threat though.

I'm predicting that WB will use Darkseid, Brainiac, Lex Luthor or Doomsday. Despero, Amazo, White Martians and the OMACs are possible too.

It's also possible that WB could use a combination of these villains. For example, Lex Luthor + US Government + OMACs.

I, for one, hope that WB doesn't decide to strip the gods of their powers to make the threat more formidable.

Gladiator tried that and Hulk Thunder Claped his Head on the way up. It didn't end well. :oldrazz:
72832116bb5.jpg
90150593bt2.jpg

Yes, which was nonsense that depended on Gladiator suddenly forgetting the superspeed he used just moments ago in the fight. Also forgetting that he's strong enough to explode planets with three punches, fly through stars, and treat other class 100 bricks as trash.

Yes, which was nonsense that depended on Gladiator suddenly forgetting the superspeed he used just moments ago in the fight. Also forgetting that he's strong enough to explode planets with three punches, fly through stars, and treat other class 100 bricks as trash.

That's pretty much the case everytime Hulk fights someone in his strength class with a larger variety of powers.

They always conviently forget they're most useful abilties when up against the Hulk.

That happens with everyone really, Silver Surfer is faster than just about everyone yet he never uses that faster than light travel when facing Thor or Gladiator or Hulk or any other petty creature that tries his patience.

Plus, Superman and Gladiator don't have to give Hulk a ride into space. They just have to throw him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"