Smallville Talk Ville: The Smallville ReWatch Podcast

did my re-watch of this episode yesterday expecting to listen to the pod this morning at work... but, when I started work it wasn't up, yet... so, I'll give it a listen tomorrow night at work

I really liked this episode when it originally aired, an I think it still holds up (the young Jor-El {aka "Joe"} looking just like Clark is a bit of a stretch, but I'll buy it here for the purpose of this plot)
an of course their identical looks do play into the story in the end
...Lana looking like her Aunt (or whoever) is a slightly harder pill to take, but it worked here...

I thought they handled the period piece setting well enough, an I enjoyed their interactions
(even if "Joe" came across as kind've a d!ck sometimes)

every one just kinda accepting that Clark was seeing visions, was funny (just another day in a Smallville for them at this point) weirder things have happened

though, we've already seen storylines in previous episodes that suggested that kryptonians have visited Earth before...
the idea that Jor-El having not only personally visited Earth, but, was in Smallville and meet the Kents... really hit on a different level when Clark realizes that him being found by the Kents maybe wasn't just an accident

over all good episode... I'll be course to hear what they have to say about it

Last edited:
that ending, tho...
after everything Clark did to try to help Lex and prove he's not crazy... he then just has to let him be taking in to protect his secret and hope that Lex either forgets/ thinks it was all in his head or that no one believes him

I do got to say tho, before disappearing from the scene he {Clark} should have done something with the car.... I mean that's some pretty big evidence to leave behind... or at least make it look like it hit and wrapped around a pole or something to explain the damage

I mainly remember this episode for it's team up of a bunch of the "freak of the weeks" who were all locked up together

it's funny how there is this many patients all claiming to be there because of Clark an all saying that he's got powers, but, everyone just assumes their crazy

the return of Van{Jesse Metcalfe}McNulty seemed to most out of place here for me (as well as underutilized, but, that's a different story) you'd think for what he did he would have gone to actual jail.... maybe he pleaded insanity? maybe people just thought he was crazy cause he claim his victims had powers...

either, again underutilized... I would have liked to seen a fight between him an Clark (after Clark temporarily lost his powers)

you know it's wierd... I'm just so use to super-hearing being one of Clark's/Superman's abilities, it never really occurred that he hasn't had it up to this point (thought I remembers him using it once or twice before? no?)

also didn't remember him getting his glasses this early in the series (useless his use of them here is only temporarily) which I think he was hinting at by the end of the episode {saying something like} "I think I might need a new prescription..."

tho, this was a "freak of the week" type story, they didn't really get into how or why he got his powers (assuming he even got them from a meteor related accident)

you know it's wierd... I'm just so use to super-hearing being one of Clark's/Superman's abilities, it never really occurred that he hasn't had it up to this point (thought I remembers him using it once or twice before? no?)

also didn't remember him getting his glasses this early in the series (useless his use of them here is only temporarily) which I think he was hinting at by the end of the episode {saying something like} "I think I might need a new prescription..."

tho, this was a "freak of the week" type story, they didn't really get into how or why he got his powers (assuming he even got them from a meteor related accident)
Yeah, I don't think he wears the glasses for awhile after this.

Always enjoyed when Smallville introduced a new power for Clark. Usually handled pretty well!

Back in the day, Delete was the episode where I lost my passion for Smallville. Up until then, I looked forward to each episode during the first two seasons despite the mediocrity. Halfway through watching Delete and I started to realize I no longer liked the series or the characters. I still saw many more episodes but without the enthusiasm I had for the first two and half seasons.

although the computer stuff did date it, a bit... I don't think they gave this one enough credit
(can't say I remember much about this episode, might of missed it on this original air time back in the day)

it was different, had some world building going on, we spent more time in Metropolis, we got that Lois name drop (it might of been "filler" to just get from point A to B setting up, Lex and "hot" Doctor trying to recover his missing memory/ Clark an Chloe getting pass their awkwardness/ the Lane and Adam stuff)

it wasn't actually said where or how Molly got her abilities (rather she was just that smart or if she was a legit "Technopath") kinda reminded me of Richard Pryor's character in Superman III

if it was a really power, it could have come from meteors (or some other way) but, I like to see them expand outside of people just developing powers in Smallville.... it's good world building

I will say the opening scene of Clark trying to run down Chloe in the truck seemed odd... like if Clark got a hypnotic/subliminal code to kill Chloe {by any means} obviously Molly didn't know of his powers to have specifically code him to go after her with his powers, but, it didn't seem like he was only ordered to "hit her with a truck" either.... but, yes if Clark was hypnotized "to kill" she'd 100% be dead, so, I do feel this should have been someone else driving ( I get that Clark seemed like the biggest "shock value") but, still

for that matter Jonathan pulling out the Kryptonite (like not only was he hypnotized "to kill Chloe" but in his hypnotic stay had the foresight to have Kryptonite on him, in case Clark showed up too try to stop him...

Last edited:

what would have been a real mind trip, for Jordan is if in his first vision of Lana's passing (as an old lady) would have been if a still young looking Clark showed up to visit her on her death-bed

that combined with his vision of Clark seemingly never dying

I kinda remembered this episode from original air back in the day, at least the major plot points...

it's weird things that you just forget or maybe I just didn't pay attention to certain elements, back then

but, I don't have any recollection of any of that Adam sub plot

just how obsessed this girl got, so fast, seemed a lot more hardcore with a rewatch now vs then... maybe it's just where I was in my life (age wise) then, just hits differently at my age now (an in today's general culture)

also I seem to recall this character {Alicia} returning in another episode later in the show...
I think I was confusing some of the story from her later return an this episode...

I kept waiting for him to make/and put that lead bracelet (if you recall from that second appearance)

This felt a bit off beat from the usual shows format, so it had that going for it... The build up for this (with all the Adam stuff, Jonathan's heart condition, even going back the Clarks missing blood sample) made it seem a bit anti-climatic

But it had some good moments...

After all he went through to get the sample, for it not to even work... which I questioned was that because it was exposed to the meteor??? Or was he just too far gone?... They didn't really explain

After all he went through to get the sample, for it not to even work... which I questioned was that because it was exposed to the meteor??? Or was he just too far gone?... They didn't really explain
Exposure to Kryptonite caused the blood sample to be ineffective in its healing properties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"