The Amazing Spider-Man 2 TASM 1 & 2 - Swinging Scenes Compilation

Johnny-Oh

"You got heart, kid"
Reaction score
I found this video compilation of the swinging scenes from both Amazing Spiderman movies, it looks amazing!!

[YT]Kr5L5Ei9tKs[/YT]

Probably one of the best things about the reboot, the webslinging is golden, Spider-Man has weight, uses momentum, does little tricks and boosts.

Just breathtaking, technology has come really far and added more weight, more authenticity to the swinging that just wasn't possible when the previous series came out.

Great vid

I wonder how'd it feel with the black suit or if he was fighting mid air

I enjoyed the swinging in TASM2. The first person viewpoint early on in the film particularly.

As well as how slack the webbing was upon being fired before going taut. Lovely.

I enjoyed the swinging in TASM2. The first person viewpoint early on in the film particularly.

As well as how slack the webbing was upon being fired before going taut. Lovely.
Same. Can you explain the last part?

Also, how does everyone feel about the new idea they tried out which is where Spider-Man climbs up his own web before shooting another one to maintain a fast speed? Happened during the huge Electro city chase, as well as briefly when Goblin was carrying Gwen.

Also, how does everyone feel about the new idea they tried out which is where Spider-Man climbs up his own web before shooting another one to maintain a fast speed? Happened during the huge Electro city chase, as well as briefly when Goblin was carrying Gwen.

It also happened at the start when he was swinging.
I really like it, reminds me the Ultimate Spider-Man game.

Im mixed about it, it sounds kinda clever but it seems a bit unnecesary to do that. It still looked cool visually though.

Probably one of the best things about the reboot, the webslinging is golden, Spider-Man has weight, uses momentum, does little tricks and boosts.

Just breathtaking, technology has come really far and added more weight, more authenticity to the swinging that just wasn't possible when the previous series came out.

Great vid

Yeah TASM 2 really added a lot of detail to the swinging scenes, I would say most of the CGI was focused on that rather than the action scenes. Personally I didn't really like the physics of the first TASM swinging but in TASM 2 it looks believable for the most part and some of the camera angles are amazing!

My personal favorite is when Peter is swinging after Gwen breaks up with him and we hear news reports on the background.

Wait it did? I do not remember...

Im mixed about it, it sounds kinda clever but it seems a bit unnecesary to do that. It still looked cool visually though.
Yeah I agree. I'm not crazy about it...I'm not sure if I like it either. But I think TASM2 is a great representation of Imagework's innovation I the web swinging. The camera and everything. I would prefer some more dynamic/interesting angles to showcase it, but I could see why they don't.

Hopefully their efforts continue to improve it by each movie.

Great vid

and i also loved how the suit was a bit loose giving it a ripple effect when he swings and it made the freefall super realistic!

The final Electro battle was awesome on the theatre screen, huge step up from TASM 1

This. I loved the way he pulls himself higher while swinging. It happened a lot throughout the film.

That was one of my favourite parts about the film; I instantly recognised it from Ultimate Spider-Man (game) and I'm sure they looked at the game/had it in mind when doing the CGI for the swinging.
The attention to detail for the web swinging was awesome, I hope they keep it up for TASM3!

Another USM game reference was in the final fight with Electro (I think someone else from the boards mentioned it) where Spidey says a very similar line to this:
2:39 - 3:23 (the line is at 3:10)
[YT]LQOXKv1X3m4[/YT]

I love the "lame joke" part as well, ahhh, just as Spidey should be, a wisecracker :hrt:

Last edited:

Great vid

Aloha,
In the very first Superman movie, they billed it as "You will believe that a man can fly".
AS-M2 could have been billed as "you will believe that a man can swing from a web". The best presentation of Spidey's ability to swing in any live action appearance EVER!
Spidey rules

Check out the webbing at 2.50.

I like how that looks.
Ohhh. Totally know what you mean. Just didn't understand the vocabulary haha. Yeah it's great detail. Minute but great.

The sky in the first swinging sequence in TASM2 :wow: Both movies are visually awesome :wow:

The sky in the first swinging sequence in TASM2 :wow: Both movies are visually awesome :wow:

Yeah Im pretty sure most of the budget was used in the swinging scenes lol

Another USM game reference was in the final fight with Electro (I think someone else from the boards mentioned it) where Spidey says a very similar line to this:
2:39 - 3:23 (the line is at 3:10)
[YT]LQOXKv1X3m4[/YT]

I love the "lame joke" part as well, ahhh, just as Spidey should be, a wisecracker :hrt:

Yep, I thought I was the only one to notice haha.

I love how in asm2 they had him climb up his webs while while web swinging and I didn't even notice in till like the 3erd time I had seen the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"