SEGA announces a 40+ Genesis collection for 360/PS3 MUST GET!

I feel kind of sad to say that I don't really care for anything on that list. And I use to love Sega, even loved Sega CD. I wish they would put out a collection with some Ninja Turtles games, the sega X-Men games, and that awesome Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin game that was on Sega CD. If they rereleased that game, I could actually play it without the fear of it freezing.

Sega doesn't hold the rights to those games, since third parties made them...plus they would have to work the licensing out with Marvel and Activision to get those re-released...in other words, aint gonna happen.

I just won one off Ebay for $29 and free shipping. Yay! :D

Sega doesn't hold the rights to those games, since third parties made them...plus they would have to work the licensing out with Marvel and Activision to get those re-released...in other words, aint gonna happen.

Sega made and does own the X-Men and Spider-Man games. They struck some kind of deal with Marvel after Spider-Man appeared in Revenge of Shinobi.

I didn't know this came out already. I'll grab a copy on the way home from work.

Sega made and does own the X-Men and Spider-Man games. They struck some kind of deal with Marvel after Spider-Man appeared in Revenge of Shinobi.

What I'm saying is that they don't currently hold the rights. If they wanted to re-release those games, not only would they have to renew their licensing with Marvel to use said characters (Licensing doesn't last forever) but I'm sure Activision would make a big stink about it and demand a piece of the profit pie.

Bottom line, it's alot of work and lost money, so I'm sure they won't ever do it.

I bought this yesterday with a gift card I got for Christmas. It's like a bloody dream come true. I'm finally--finally--going to finish playing Beyond Oasis after never beating it on my Genesis, and then I'm off to the Shining in the Darkness/Shining Force series, Vectorman, and comics Zone. So much childhood nostalgia, so little time! The only way it could've been better is if Sega had somehow managed to get the rights to Gunstar Heroes, too. :D

I wasn't worried about Gunstar Heroes, since I have it on my Wii. :D

Bah, it's a shame the 360 has the s***tiest old-school arcade system of the three consoles. I almost want a Wii just for the Virtual Arcade's selection. :(

Gunstar Heroes, Earthworm Jim, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Double Dragon, and River City Ransom.

My group of awesomeness that I am currently playing on the Wii. :p

What I'm saying is that they don't currently hold the rights. If they wanted to re-release those games, not only would they have to renew their licensing with Marvel to use said characters (Licensing doesn't last forever) but I'm sure Activision would make a big stink about it and demand a piece of the profit pie.

Bottom line, it's alot of work and lost money, so I'm sure they won't ever do it.

ah, I got ya.

Damn, that sucks.

Gunstar Heroes, Earthworm Jim, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Double Dragon, and River City Ransom.

My group of awesomeness that I am currently playing on the Wii. :p

That's why every gamer should have a Wii60. :cwink:

the Wii is for girls, old people, and peope who fear progress...they are putting it in nursing homes for pete's sake

the Wii is for girls, old people, and peope who fear progress...they are putting it in nursing homes for pete's sake

I'm just going to assume you're high as you're typing that. :cmad:

Meh, emulators always annoyed me. I'm not good enough with computers to get them to work properly most of the time. Something always goes wrong with them.

That's why every gamer should have a Wii60. :cwink:

It's one of the reasons I have a Wii360...awesome stuff. :D

I thought we were all old enough to get past this silliness. :whatever:

I have a rather large gaming library for the Wii that begs to differ, and I could start naming attach rates/statistics/sales and the list of fantastic games that the Wii has, but since you'll ignore that to say more useless silliness, I'll just leave it be.

I'm not denying its appeal....Nintendo knew they couldn't keep up (in terms of hardware) with Sony and Microsoft and took another road, a very successful one....the Wii outsold the GameCube sometime last summer I believe....it does what it does very well....

I just don't prefer having a game console in my house that old people use to rehab their hip replacements....

Why is that such a big deal though? So if something has the ability to help an elderly person get better or just become more active, then it's a bad thing. How old are you? 13? Are old people useless to you?

Why would you let something so petty keep you from enjoying a game system?

I just don't understand statements like this. :whatever:

Edit: exactly Corp.

That's a weird reason to hate the Wii... :huh:

It's on the list , but not the only one.....my 12 yr old cousin has one...Ive seen no interesting games for it, I hate the stupid controller.....I like my games to have a proper controller, not a stick.....if Nintendo had a way to toggle between the Wii-Chuck and a traditional controller, I might not despise it so.....

As for the Wii, there's only a couple games for it that interest me, but not enough to buy the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"