SEGA announces a 40+ Genesis collection for 360/PS3 MUST GET!

Damn that is awesome!

It's like Sega finally decided to screw bringing out 10-15 game collections that keep having the same sonic games on them, and decided to finally just put most of their major name games in one huge awesome Sega fangasm retro goodness HD driven cd.

This is why I still love Sega. :O

Plus there are a bunch of games here that they haven't put on a compilation disc yet, like the Shining Force games and SoR games.

Plus comics Zone! :heart:

Rocket Knight Adventures needs to be on this set, as well as Puggsly. I love those games.

Or Strider! We need Strider. :up:

Screw this, Sega needs to release the arcade versions of Shinobi, Space Harrier and Altered Beast on the Xbox Live arcade like they did for Golden Axe.

According to the press release, some of the bonus games will be arcade ports...so who knows...they could be part of those.

hooray!!!
My genesis is so decrepit, it barely works!!!!!
I'm excited

According to the press release, some of the bonus games will be arcade ports...so who knows...they could be part of those.

I sure hope so, I've got most of these games already on either the compilations they released on the PS2 a year or two ago or the actual game on my Genesis. So I may be passing on this.

All I want is an arcade port of Shinobi and Space Harrier.

I almost bought Streets of Rage 2 off of XBLA last night...I'm glad I didn't now. :D

Everywhere I am reading indicates this set will only cost 30 dollars. That is a steal. :heart:

From Sega Nerds:

Sega has announced a new collection of classic Sega games will be coming to the Xbox 360 and PS3 early next year.​
The collection will feature over 40 classic Mega Drive games, plus bonus Master System titles, all updated in HD, and even more unlockable features.
Features:
Exclusive Unlockable Content: Unlock arcade games and interviews with the original game developers as you earn Achievements on the Xbox 360® and Trophies on the PLAYSTATION®3.
Hi-definition Upgrade: All titles included in the collection have been converted to vivid hi-def (720p) visuals to truly enhance that classic 2D experience!
Multi-player Option: Two players can now enjoy select titles together on the same console at home.
Mega Drive Titles:
  • Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Alien Storm
  • Altered Beast
  • Beyond Oasis
  • Bonanza Bros.
  • Columns
  • comics Zone
  • Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
  • Dr. Robotnik’s MBM
  • Dynamite Headdy
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Ecco II: The Tides of Time
  • E-SWAT
  • Fatal Labyrinth
  • Flicky
  • Gain Ground
  • Golden Axe I
  • Golden Axe II
  • Golden Axe III
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Phantasy Star II
  • Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
  • Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
  • Ristar
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Shining Force
  • Shining Force 2
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Sonic 3D Blast
  • Sonic and Knuckles
  • Sonic Spinball
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 3
  • Streets of Rage
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Streets of Rage 3
  • Super Thunder Blade
  • Vectorman
  • Vectorman 2

Hmm, 40 games, plus Master system games and Arcade games.

Like I said earlier I've already got most of these games, but I'd be willing to buy them again if arcade ports of Shinobi, Space Harrier and Altered Beast are in it.

The only Arcade title that I would really like to see is Space Harrier, which was a quarter eater if I ever played one.

I wonder what Master System games they'll add. I'm hoping they'll put the first Phantasy Star and the first Alex Kidd as part of the Master System games....maybe even the Master System version of Sonic 1, which had completely different levels.

Well, looks like I made a good decision holding off buying to many Genesis VC games on my Wii.

10 of the games on that I already have since I have a copy of the Sonic Mega Collection for Xbox.

If they dropped those games (Sonic 1-3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, Mean Bean Machine, Sonic Spinball, Flicky, Ristar, and comics Zone), and put 10 other games there, I'd definitely pick it up.

Right now, it's a maybe

*Gasp!*

*Swoon*

This is gonna be great!

블라스;15929636 said:
It's weird how this makes me more excited than 95% of new games released today :O

Heh, I'm the same way. They just don't make games like these anymore. I'm am hugely excited about this, especially since I haven't bought any Sega games on the VC yet, other than a couple. This shows me that my decision was the right one. I use the VC mostly for old NES and SNES games anyway.

10 of the games on that I already have since I have a copy of the Sonic Mega Collection for Xbox.

If they dropped those games (Sonic 1-3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, Mean Bean Machine, Sonic Spinball, Flicky, Ristar, and comics Zone), and put 10 other games there, I'd definitely pick it up.

Right now, it's a maybe

Honestly, I'm now getting rid of the Sonic Mega Collection in order to get this. 30 bucks for 40+ games is too good to pass up, especially considering there are some real gems like the Shining Force games that haven't been on a collections disc yet. Plus you get achievements or trophies for this collection which gives you incentive to play through most of if not all of the games on this collection.

I can't wait to play through the Phantasy Star games again. :up:

I would get it just for Streets Of Rage 1, 2, and 3.

I've never played any of the Phantasy Star games

All it's missing for me is Shadow Dancer and Space Harrier, but it will still be a day one purchase. :up:

I'd be even happier for a Dreamcast collection, or even a Saturn Collection. Most of these games I have in various forms. But that's me. I still think this is a great compiliation.

I'd be even happier for a Dreamcast collection, or even a Saturn Collection. Most of these games I have in various forms. But that's me. I still think this is a great compiliation.
Im really waiting for a publisher to take full advantage of the storage space on the PS3s BR and release multiple games from the PS1/Saturn and PS2/Dreamcast era on 1 25gb or 50gb BR disc

This strikes me as something that would be more suited as a PSN/XBLA release than a retail release. Especially since HD versions of some of these games already exist on XBLA and these games would go perfectly for a Sega Storefront on PSN.

Day 1 buy for me!!

I wonder how the Achievements will be done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"