Tekken 8

I also took a virtual break during much of the PS2 generation in the young going out years lol. Never left completely but my time playing was nothing compared to the generations before and after.

Yes, it’s looking amazing, hopefully as good as Tekken’s ever been.

It's easily done in those years all my money just went on going out lol.

Yeah I love that the franchise is still going strong it's awesome.

It's easily done in those years all my money just went on going out lol.

Yeah I love that the franchise is still going strong it's awesome.
I’m glad gaming was strong enough to pull us back in. I guess I was also a bit disappointed after the PS1 generation which saw huge strides in gaming tech going from 2D to 3D and more mature settings (coming from SNES) to seeing things slow down. The generation after PS2, Gears of War caught my eye as a further step forward in presentation and coop gameplay.

Are you into the other fighting games?

I’m glad gaming was strong enough to pull us back in. I guess I was also a bit disappointed after the PS1 generation which saw huge strides in gaming tech going from 2D to 3D and more mature settings (coming from SNES) to seeing things slow down. The generation after PS2, Gears of War caught my eye as a further step forward in presentation and coop gameplay.

Are you into the other fighting games?

See I never even got a PS2 I was done after PS1 ended I think FFIX was the last game I finished. Until I got my PS4 really.

Oh yeah back in the day I played Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 and the first ever Soul Blade. Glad to see those franchises still going.

Of the more recent ones I like the Injustice games and a lot though I haven't played it yet got Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite to start soon.

See I never even got a PS2 I was done after PS1 ended I think FFIX was the last game I finished. Until I got my PS4 really.

Oh yeah back in the day I played Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 and the first ever Soul Blade. Glad to see those franchises still going.

Of the more recent ones I like the Injustice games and a lot though I haven't played it yet got Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite to start soon.
Ha, you just named every one of my favourites. Exceptional taste you have good sir. :cwink: :D

Edit: Oh and Killer Instinct I’ve only got into with the reboot, absolutely love it. Somehow missed that when it originally came out.

Ha, you just named every one of my favourites. Exceptional taste you have good sir. :cwink: :D

Edit: Oh and Killer Instinct I’ve only got into with the reboot, absolutely love it. Somehow missed that when it originally came out.

Back in the day I also played King of Fighters and Virtua Fighter. Not sure if VF is still going but I know KoF is.

It's great having exceptional taste isn't it? :beaming:

Back in the day I also played King of Fighters and Virtua Fighter. Not sure if VF is still going but I know KoF is.

It's great having exceptional taste isn't it? :beaming:
I didn’t get as much into those but I would like to properly try out every fighter and get good with at least one character in all of them. Love the genre.

:funny:

I didn’t get as much into those but I would like to properly try out every fighter and get good with at least one character in all of them. Love the genre.

:funny:

Same. I put it off for years after getting a PS4 as I heard they were all MP focused. They all had plenty of SP stuff though so glad I got back into them

Same. I put it off for years after getting a PS4 as I heard they were all MP focused. They all had plenty of SP stuff though so glad I got back into them
I’m glad the story modes are taken more seriously these days in fighters. I love the characters in most of them so it’s a good way to take advantage.

I’m glad the story modes are taken more seriously these days in fighters. I love the characters in most of them so it’s a good way to take advantage.

Definitely. The MK games especially are great at SP but I prefer the gameplay of Tekken.

This game has tekken over as the most popular fighting game franchise of our generation.

I'll see myself out...

Definitely. The MK games especially are great at SP but I prefer the gameplay of Tekken.
Tekken and Street Fighter have my favourite gameplay of all fighting games, although a fair few aren't far behind.

Tekken and Street Fighter have my favourite gameplay of all fighting games, although a fair few aren't far behind.

Both seem to have gone up another level with their latest entry's also. I need to get myself a PS5 this year.

Both seem to have gone up another level with their latest entry's also. I need to get myself a PS5 this year.
Yeah, there was a period when I was worried about the future of fighting games but it’s great to see some of the biggest series putting out top tier games recently.

Yeah, there was a period when I was worried about the future of fighting games but it’s great to see some of the biggest series putting out top tier games recently.

Same, it's why I avoided them initially when getting back into gaming as the SP content was just seriously lacking. Now I think they have realised there are lots of gamers who play these games solo.

Same, it's why I avoided them initially when getting back into gaming as the SP content was just seriously lacking. Now I think they have realised there are lots of gamers who play these games solo.
Yeah, one thing I love about my favourite fighting games is the cool characters and seeing them interact in a story mode, creating more and more lore as time goes on. I’m glad these are becoming more of a priority now.

Yeah, one thing I love about my favourite fighting games is the cool characters and seeing them interact in a story mode, creating more and more lore as time goes on. I’m glad these are becoming more of a priority now.

Yep you can't beat a good story mode in these games for me and more additions to the lore. Tekken is rich with so many glad they didn't pull a Tekken 7 and leave it mostly by the way side.

The Prime Minister of Poland returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"