• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Terminator 1, 2, & 3: Review and Discussion Thread

Of course. No sequel has matched the tone of T1, although TS actually came pretty close to bringing the same feeling.

Agreed, T1 is the darkest movie out of all of them, and is all the better for it IMO. TS did almost match it, but it just failed on too many levels for me. Still an enjoyable addition to the franchise though. But nothing on the fantastic T1.

T2 - 9/10 - Terrific, almost perfect.
T1 - 8/10 - Terrific, very good.
TS - 6/10 - Decent, enjoyable.
T3 - 3/10 - Terrible, a ****ing trainwreck.

T2 5/5
T1 4/5

The Franchise ended at two as far as I'am concerned.

T2 5/5
T1 4/5

The Franchise ended at two as far as I'am concerned.

it should've. but than they made t3.

say what you will about ts, but it atleast took the franchise in a new direction.

+ it gave us a pretty good look @ the early days of the war.

it should've. but than they made t3.

say what you will about ts, but it atleast took the franchise in a new direction.

+ it gave us a pretty good look @ the early days of the war.

The problem was it wasnt very accurate to how Reese described the war in T1, I liked TS, but it got so many things wrong.

Reese said in the first movie "you stay down by day, but, at night you move around, you still have to be careful though as HK's use infra red."

Yet, how many god damn day scene's were there? Not to mention, why were no Terminator forces alerted when the humans blew up a **** load of terrain at night?

There were just too many inconsistencies, dont even get me started on the T-600 also.

i think the 600's were fine, they just seemed like a deteriorated version of what reese described

i totally agree witht the day scenes comment though

also scatterax, you like pirates 3 more than empire strikes back? i'm just wondering, at worlds end just isn't a movie that comes up on top 10 lists

The problem was it wasnt very accurate to how Reese described the war in T1, I liked TS, but it got so many things wrong.

Reese said in the first movie "you stay down by day, but, at night you move around, you still have to be careful though as HK's use infra red."

Yet, how many god damn day scene's were there? Not to mention, why were no Terminator forces alerted when the humans blew up a **** load of terrain at night?

There were just too many inconsistencies, dont even get me started on the T-600 also.

What are your thoughts on the T-600?

also scatterax, you like pirates 3 more than empire strikes back? i'm just wondering, at worlds end just isn't a movie that comes up on top 10 lists

haha. actually I'm not sure. i really liked all 3 of the pirate movies but the older i get the more i like the original starwars trilogy. actually PotC3 was on the top of my list when it 1st came out, but it's slowly crept down to #3. and maybe soon on it's way to 4 now that i think about it? but I'd have to watch it again to make sure.

I'd say PotC3, TF:RotF and matrix reloaded. r the 3 movies on my list that are mostly hated by the majority.

What are your thoughts on the T-600?

They just didnt do it right, Reese's words were "....the 600 series had rubber skin, we spotted them easy....."

They were meant to be infiltration units that were easy to spot simply because of their rubber skin. Making them 9 feet tall with a gun attached to their arm was just stupid, how the hell could that thing attempt to infiltrate a human strong hold? It would be spotted miles away simply with a pair of binoculars.

This is all IMO of course.

The T-600's in T4 were approximately 7'3 in height, which is a little over a foot taller than Arnold's T-800.

They just didnt do it right, Reese's words were "....the 600 series had rubber skin, we spotted them easy....."

They were meant to be infiltration units that were easy to spot simply because of their rubber skin. Making them 9 feet tall with a gun attached to their arm was just stupid, how the hell could that thing attempt to infiltrate a human strong hold? It would be spotted miles away simply with a pair of binoculars.

This is all IMO of course.
and if yo noticed in post production they changed their mind and erased the rubber face and they made the head more scary.

all the minor differences can be blamed on the fact that they altered the future slightly each time they went into the past. but even still, i would have preferred it if they tried to match up the continuity a bit more. however i still think the changes made are to minor to really be much of a problem. and it doesn't get in the way of me enjoying the movie.

Reese described the war in T1 is the war that was in 2029 not 2018

and if yo noticed in post production they changed their mind and erased the rubber face and they made the head more scary.

that really bothered me. I mean, if they did that for just 1 t-600 it'd be ok, but theres no reason why ALL of there faces had to be melted off. b4 they were creepier anyway.

You could assume that the t-600s we saw in TS were once infiltrator units, and after their physical appearance deteriorated they were placed on sentry and patrol duty.

All they really have to do is get close, let alone get inside a bunker like the t-800s did.

Still not fan of how they made them lumbering giants though.

The T-600's in T4 were approximately 7'3 in height, which is a little over a foot taller than Arnold's T-800.

Still didnt look remotely human to me, and they were supposed to IMO, judging from what Reese said, except for their rubber skin.

Yeah, they didnt even look remotely infiltration capable/

all the minor differences can be blamed on the fact that they altered the future slightly each time they went into the past. but even still, i would have preferred it if they tried to match up the continuity a bit more. however i still think the changes made are to minor to really be much of a problem. and it doesn't get in the way of me enjoying the movie.

I still enjoy the movie, but just would have preferred it to be a bit closer to continuity, the 'altered timeline' just seemed like an excuse for all of their mistakes to me.

Reese described the war in T1 is the war that was in 2029 not 2018

He described the start of the war though and the humans breaking out of the camps, didnt see that in TS at all. Reese himself said John Connor taught them to 'fight, to storm the metal wire of the camps and smash those metal mother****ers to junk, he turned it around, he brought us back from the brink."

Sorry, but didnt see any of that in TS.

What Reese described sounds epic.. something TS wasn't, which is upsetting. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"