Terminator Genisys

Milk Tray Guy

70s Man of Action
Reaction score
I rewatched this recently for the first time in a while. Yes, there's a ton of stuff wrong with it; Jai Courtney is completely miscast as Kyle Reese, Emilia Clarke isn't exactly dynamic as Sarah Connor (although I did find her quite engaging), there was the big twist reveal in the marketing, and of course retconning T2 out of 'existence' was never going to be a popular move! Even the feel of TG is different. It doesn't really feel like a Terminator movie; it feels as though someone thought 'How would Marvel make a Terminator movie?' (answer, they'd have made a better job of it), even to the point of hiring the director of Thor: The Dark World. But I actually think it had promise, that there was a good story that got buried beneath a poor execution. I especially liked the idea of retired cop O'Brien's (JK Simmons) 30 year obsession with finding the truth about the events of 1984 (I'd like to have seen more of his backstory). I also thought Byung Hun Lee did a good job as the T-1000 (given that no-one was going to top Robert Patrick). Honestly, I'll take TG over T3 or Salvation any day.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this movie now that the dust has settled?

It's a miserable piece of trash both then and now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"