Teyonah Parris is Monica Rambeau

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
im dying to see Monica. She would complete the mcu for me

So let’s have a thread to talk about her and our hopes for her joining captain marvel 2

Why not get Lynch to return as Monica? Monica was known for a variety of hairstyles so giving Monica a distinct look from her mother wouldn't be too hard.

Soniqua Martin-Green?

I think an aspect of casting is... What do you want from this character? I for one would find it more interesting if the two meet again in the future and the relationship is more complicated than "This is my long lost Auntie Carol".

Zoe Kravitz would be my pick

Some good suggestions, but Kylie Bunburry is my #1 pick. I just really want to see her join the MCU family one way or another. And it doesn't hurt that she looks plenty like Akira Akbar.

nSTi-Uz7_400x400.jpg

Speaking of Monica, if CM2 is set in the past, then it means there's little to no chance we'll see a grown up Monica, but that doesn't mean we still can't see her in other franchise's.

My question is, outside of Captain Marvel, what other MCU franchise could you see Monica Rambeau fit in as a co-star? Guardians, Black Panther etc?

If they ever go the Nova route she could be like the Earth's liaison to the Nova corp.

And just to keep the thread on track,
Nicole Beharie (Sleepy Hollow)
DeWanda Wise (She got to have it, and the original pick for Maria)
Zazie Beetz.(If Josh Brolin can play cable and Thanos, Zazie can be Domino and Monica)

Dewanda Wise

10wpgk2.jpg

Aja Naomi King

2d6qe5z.jpg

Nicole Beharie

sbt074.jpg

Rutina Wesley

15i6oav.jpg

I would go with Zazie then if anything

I don't think anyone had her or her appearing in WandaVision.

She is not a bad choice though and if this character becomes a fan favorite, this could be a big deal for her. She joins the ladies of Black Panther, Zoe Saldana and Tessa Thompson in the MCU. Now all of the ladies mentioned on this thread can now compete for the role of Storm and probably a rebooted Misty Knight.

Her appearing there would not preclude her from appearing in CM2.

It'll be interesting to see how she fits in with Wanda and Vision on their show before likely showing up in CM2.

It'll be interesting to see how she fits in with Wanda and Vision on their show before likely showing up in CM2.

If adult Monica becomes a huge fan favorite in the MCU, it could be a role that Parris is known best for the rest of her life. Example: when I see Letitia Wright in a non MCU film, all I see is that she's Shuri. It will also be a role that sees Parris as a role model for little black girls who will want to cosplay as Monica if the role hits. She doesn't have that one definite role we remember her as and this could be that role. When we see Mark Ruffalo, we say "he's Bruce Banner/Hulk" or with Chris Hemsworth "he's Thor." Scar Jo had the Indie credibility and the Oscar nominations pre-MCU. What role is she know best for these days? As Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow. I had no idea who Sebastian Stan was before The First Avenger, but now he's the Winter Soldier.

The chances of Monica showing up in the movies is very high. If it wasn't we would have seen Monica on.....Agents of SHIELD. This isn't like Simone Missick playing Misty Knight in which she will never show up in the movies.

Do u guys think having her appear first on Wanda Vision will be tied to how she gets her powers. Maybe during Wanda's madness she does something that transfers a bit of the infinity power that will serve as Monica's source of powers???

WandaVision spoilers:

Looking forward to her joining the cast. I think she will be a highlight to Captain Marvel 2 and will make it more interesting having her in it.

The film isn't out until November 2022, so I would assume we'll see Monica Rambeau before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"