Thank you, Bruce Timm

Oh, you are correct, sir.

:dry:
Okay, I was just ****ing with you there. :(

Seriously, a derogatory remark is a statement that is demeaning or belittling to someone. That paragraph was demeaning to Batattack and thusly, it was derogatory. A derogatory comment. You even admitted that. I haven't a clue why you even felt the need to disagree with me over it. :confused:

You said the entire paragraph, and/or post was 'derogatory' ... which is false. I was only demeaning towards Batattack. So, one sentence out of 3 or 4, directed at one person in turn makes the whole post demeaning? Umm, no. And yes, brosef ... I know what derogatory and all of the above means, but I appreciate you giving me a quick recap of what I already know.

Timm did great work. I wish he crippled Barbara.:o

You said the entire paragraph, and/or post was 'derogatory' ... which is false. I was only demeaning towards Batattack. So, one sentence out of 3 or 4, directed at one person in turn makes the whole post demeaning? Umm, no. And yes, brosef ... I know what derogatory and all of the above means, but I appreciate you giving me a quick recap of what I already know.
So, if I had said "sentence" instead of "paragraph", you would've had no problem with my statement?

BTAS will always be definitive Batman for me and one of the greatest/most rewarding comic book adaptations. :batman:

I thank everyone involved. Thank you. :up:

Thanks, Bruce Timm.

I like you!

You're NIIIICE!

No, this is a message board and we're here to discuss ... right? We're not all here to suck each other's ***** off and give hugs and kisses. My opinion differed, that's all ... and I shared it. I wasn't derogatory towards his opinion, so please ... hop off my crotch, youngin.
Ah, your back. Yeah, I'm young so? Are you really so pathetic you have to pick on me because of my age? Once again you are the little instigator, lol. My opinion is different as well, why can't you let this go?
I don't believe my opinion is right / wrong or whatever ... or conversely whether anyone else's is wrong or right. I'm here to discuss and make things interesting, instead of just blind worship, or have an extended man crush on Bruce Timm. This is the point of message boards. To discuss, argue, battle over things. That's what makes this conversations interesting. Not just everyone agreeing on EVERYTHING.
Lol, you just totally contradicted ALL your posts in the Batman Forever thread where you said I couldn't have an opinion because I didn't agree with you that Batman Forever was crappy. lol! :o

And once again you didn't even read what I wrote. I said B:TAS is "great" ... just not to the extent (of course, IMO) that everyone of the Bruce Timm groupies crack it up to be.
Um, you don't have any place telling me what I have or haven't read. I've read all your stupid posts in this thread. I never disagreed with your opinion either, I was reffering to the little tantrum you had in the Batman Forever thread where you said I couldn't have an opinion because I didn't agree with you. Please, just do us all a favor and stop while your ahead. Have a nice day. :heart:

Bruce Timm did all the designs him self for Batman TAS, he had help on Superman TAS though i believe. But thats not really my point, my point is if you watch that crappy MTV Spiderman or even The Batman, the art style is trying to look different 'cool' but TAS design style is the way to go imo. Spiderman TAS had great designs too.
...Actually Mike Mignola designed the Mr. Freeze :D

Trimm made a great series, maybe even greatest. Who doesn't watch Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and think: "Wow, this would make an amazing movie!"

I think that "I've Got Batman is My Basement" is far from the only mediocre BTAS episode.

I think that "I've Got Batman is My Basement" is far from the only mediocre BTAS episode.

True.

Thats the thing about TAS tho, and what i think some people overlook, they did a variety of episodes showcasing the different styles of stories that have occured thru the long history of Batman.

Another thing I really loved about TAS was when they did stories based on old 70's comics. I have always liked "The Terrible Trio" and " The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy". Also, "The Demons Quest" was an awesome animated interpretation of the comic story. Of course it probably helped that Denny O'Neil also wrote for that episode too.

God I love TAS.

This new show is a disgrace, I'm not sure what's worse: The Batman or B&R

God I love TAS.

This new show is a disgrace, I'm not sure what's worse: The Batman or B&R
If you really believe that, you must not have watched The Batman in about 3 years.

The first season was bad. Painfully mediocre. And, obviously, the character designs were absolutely horrible. But ever since then, it's been steadily building in quality and content to where, finally, it's actually a really strong show. It's no BTAS, of course, but the stories are engaging, the animation is crisp, the character designs have improved, and the voice cast has been exceptional as well. Hell, Paul Dini himself has even written episodes for the show.

Atleast the Batman has a good voice cast and feature's the Justice League.
B&R had nothing good going for it.

Plus The Batman has gothic Riddler :up:

If you really believe that, you must not have watched The Batman in about 3 years.

The first season was bad. Painfully mediocre. And, obviously, the character designs were absolutely horrible. But ever since then, it's been steadily building in quality and content to where, finally, it's actually a really strong show. It's no BTAS, of course, but the stories are engaging, the animation is crisp, the character designs have improved, and the voice cast has been exceptional as well. Hell, Paul Dini himself has even written episodes for the show.

Does The Joker still look like a bisexual albino Rastafarian with red eyes and no shoes in the new seasons?

Edit: Oh and green dreadlocks.

The Batman has steadily gotten better from its intial season. It's not B:TAS but it can say it has done something that Timm's B:TAS never did, and that's steadily improved through the course of time, and not regress. It's actually become a very good show. A show severely underrated by "fans of the character" because it doesn't match pixel for pixel what they watched as a kid in the Batman: Animated Series.

The character designs have always been fresh, and very well done. With unique and interesting takes on the characters. The animation is some of the best I have ever seen, and now the stories are matching the asthetic beauties of the show.

Does The Joker still look like a bisexual albino Rastafarian with red eyes and no shoes in the new seasons?

Edit: Oh and green dreadlocks.
If you think a show's quality's lay solely in character designs, then you're a fool.

As I said, TB has bad character designs. We all know and admit that, but everything else about the show has steady become great.

That's not quite the same.:o

Besides there was Mad Love, Beware the Creeper, Over the Edge, Old Wounds, Legends of the Dark Knight, Legends of the Dark Knight, all very good episodes.

Legends was a good episode.
I also thought it was nice when they had the Grey Ghost :up:

The New Batman adventures just plain sucked. The characters were so revamped and it just felt awkward.

The only character redesigns I didn't care for were Joker's and Riddler's. Ivy's took some getting used but it wasn't that bad. Bruce's new look was unimaginative.

I liked a lot of the redesigns, myself. Batman, Batgirl, Tim Drake's Robin, Catwoman, the Batmobile...

And the animation was great. Better than BTAS' ever was, actually.

If you think a show's quality's lay solely in character designs, then you're a fool.

I never said that so back off pal, I'm a scientist.

As I said, TB has bad character designs. We all know and admit that, but everything else about the show has steady become great.

............................................... :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"