The 2022 SuperHeroHype Awards Live Thread

qP92o1N.jpg

This was one was one of our closest categories, with almost all nominees evenly voted on.

but the winner is...

0*HpaNu8qLl1zerwh1.gif

I91LR0m.gif

The Vartha Award. This is not an award I give out lightly as it is the one that I take the most honor in naming. Vartha was the epitome of a Hype poster. He was a poster, and a Mod, but he was so much more than that. He was positivity, kindness, just all around good vibes. I could say so much, but we'd be here all night. He was my friend on the Hype, and he was my friend outside the Hype. He is greatly missed, and the light of this place is a little dimmer without him. That being said, all those nominated for this category have those Vartha-like qualities and were recognized by their peers as such.

@Babillygunn
@Batgirl0202
@Drizzle
@Iceman
@KaijuDude1992
@Milk Tray Guy
@Shinobi Shaw
giphy.gif

PLS4yOv.gif

We are down to the final 2 awards of the night. The Hype-Time Achievement Awards.

These awards are given in two subsets; The Committee's Choice(s) and the Hype's Choice and are for honoring retired and current users. There are certain specifications that a user must have to be considered for this award which disqualified quote a few members whose names we will surely see here again.​

PqfrELR.jpg

and the winner is...

Iceman
well deserved!
Thanks so much for this all.

Winning this award before has touched me and reminded me that I always do better when I act more like @Vartha did. I get on with people better, I don't upset people, I have more fun with everyone and people seem happier as a result. Just have to remember to choose the Vartha way whenever other less positive options present themselves.

Still miss my Thor guy :csad: and all his neverending positivity. Thanks bud and hope your family are all doing well :up:

Thanks so much for this all.

Winning this award before has touched me and reminded me that I always do better when I act more like @Vartha did. I get on with people better, I don't upset people, I have more fun with everyone and people seem happier as a result. Just have to remember to choose the Vartha way whenever other less positive options present themselves.

Still miss my Thor guy :csad: and all his neverending positivity. Thanks bud and hope your family are all doing well :up:
upload_2023-3-5_0-55-45.gif

NL3cP1D.jpg

and the winner is...

FlickChick85
Di9.gif

Honestly the Comics forum is only alive because of my fellow nominees, so thank you to @Babillygunn , @CrimsonMist and @Mani-Man for all your wonderful reviews and suggestions!!!

Congrats to @Iceman for awards #7347 & 7348 for you tonight. :oldrazz: Very well deserved, especially the Vartha one. :cry:

As is yours, @Batgirl0202 and all the HypeTime winners! Congrats! :bow:

@KRYPTON INC. , I hope you're doing well, wherever you are. You are missed, my friend. :(

man what a night!

Congrats to all the nominees and big Congrats to all the winners. Thank you to everyone who tuned in, comment, participated, nominated, voted and beyond. We couldn't have done this without you.
Here's hoping for a bigger and better 2023 Hype Awards season.

Hope everyone enjoyed this as much as we enjoyed hosting it. Thank you@Lily Adler for all you do. Couldn't have done it without you.

Gotta work in 3 hours so I'm off to bed.

Just kidding! let's party

UK6JeWR.gif

no really, i'm going to bed haha

gl48m4L.jpg

The Committee has chosen the following members as recipients of the Retired Hype-Time Achievement Award:

Lackey and Mee

The Committee has chosen the following members as recipient of the 2022 Hype-Time Achievement Award:

Kirk Langstrom

Congrats on the big one to Captain Stacy (Kirk Langstrom)!!

Lackey was always very entertaining to read. I liked Mee more than most posters of that generation, shame some of these posters of old don't come back. @DOG LIPS has also got to win retired poster asap!

man what a night!

Congrats to all the nominees and big Congrats to all the winners. Thank you to everyone who tuned in, comment, participated, nominated, voted and beyond. We couldn't have done this without you.

Hope everyone enjoyed this as much as we enjoyed hosting it. Thank you@Lily Adler for all you do. Couldn't have done it without you.

UK6JeWR.gif

Better lurk...er...luck next year for me!

Di9.gif

Honestly the Comics forum is only alive because of my fellow nominees, so thank you to @Babillygunn , @CrimsonMist and @Mani-Man for all your wonderful reviews and suggestions!!!

Congrats to @Iceman for awards #7347 & 7348 for you tonight. :oldrazz: Very well deserved, especially the Vartha one. :cry:

As is yours, @Batgirl0202 and all the HypeTime winners! Congrats! :bow:

@KRYPTON INC. , I hope you're doing well, wherever you are. You are missed, my friend. :(
Well done tonight, and thanks to that super-group of allies you mention keeping the comics section alive - feels important that the source material section from where all this came from is alive on the Hype long term.

Thanks :cwink: and to you on your Hype battlefield domination!

Thank you sooooo much to @ComicChick and @Lily Adler for running the show this year. Y'all did an amazing job, and congrats on your wins!!! :wowe::bow::bow::bow:

Party hard, everyone! And remember, what happens at the Hype Awards, stays at the Hype Awards!

29c08ec59eb13ba62f7f3bd8b4990771.gif

man you sure were busy tonight... in more ways than one haha

that must be @Iceman wanting his hotdog back

man what a night!

UK6JeWR.gif

Mega-successful Hype Awards show this year, congrats and thanks to @ComicChick and @Lily Adler for being excellent hosts and for all the hard work put in. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"