• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailers/Footage/Clips

Well, I feel like the team behind this set of movies is horrible with the characterization of Spider-man. The footage with him messing with the guards at Oscorp shows that. He might as well have been wearing a sign saying I'm Spider-man in that clip. There's gotta be cameras all over and he's using his web shooters and moving very superhuman like. I thought Peter wanted to keep his identity secret?

Oscorp already knows that Peter is Spider-man.

Oscorp already knows that Peter is Spider-man.

Well, only Harry and Norman know that most likely. But a better question might be, at the point in the movie that this clip is from, is Peter aware that they know? That would make him keeping his identity a secret not as important.

Well I think only the heads of Oscorp know he is Spider-Man, but not the regular staff.

Okay, even if we assume that there are cameras around, it is really a thin line of webbing. I doubt it can be seen. I also doubt that a guard will get lucky enough to see a mug fly only for a few seconds across the room. That place must have hundreds of cameras. If it is indeed Oscorp.

Also, pay attention to what Peter says. "They are from Oscorp". I think that implies that Peter and Gwen are not, in fact, in Oscorp.

I think he says, "that's Oscorp." In other words, "of course Oscorp is trying to cover something up!"

I think he says, "that's Oscorp." In other words, "of course Oscorp is trying to cover something up!"

The way he said it, didn't seem to me that that's what he meant. But you are right, he does say "That's Oscorp." I don't know, i just hope i won't have to suspend my disbelief too many times.

The way he said it, didn't seem to me that that's what he meant. But you are right, he does say "That's Oscorp." I don't know, i just hope i won't have to suspend my disbelief too many times.
This is why I hate watching movie clips, because you start seeing the flaws before the film even comes out. Honestly though, it's a Spider-Man film. You're going to have to suspend your belief either way, so just try not to think about it too much.

This is why I hate watching movie clips, because you start seeing the flaws before the film even comes out. Honestly though, it's a Spider-Man film. You're going to have to suspend your belief either way, so just try not to think about it too much.

I wouldn't call them flaws, but if you analyze it a bit, it can take you out from the film. But doesn't every CBM have that? In the Dark Knight, Gordon, Harvey and Batman talk to each other on a rooftop while there are a lot of skyscrapers around from which people might be watching them. Also, somehow Batman managed to get behind Joker during the interrogation? How the hell did he do that? Anyway, i guess if the scene is well made, you are not going to overanalyze it.

But there are always these little things that i'm like "Come on, couldn't have you deleted that from the film so that the haters would have one less thing to complain about?"

sigh_320222-210x210.png

I wouldn't call them flaws, but if you analyze it a bit, it can take you out from the film. But doesn't every CBM have that? In the Dark Knight, Gordon, Harvey and Batman talk to each other on a rooftop while there are a lot of skyscrapers around from which people might be watching them. Also, somehow Batman managed to get behind Joker during the interrogation? How the hell did he do that? Anyway, i guess if the scene is well made, you are not going to overanalyze it.

But there are always these little things that i'm like "Come on, couldn't have you deleted that from the film so that the haters would have one less thing to complain about?"

sigh_320222-210x210.png

Not just every comic book movie, but every film.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Clip - "Neighborhood Ornament" :
[YT]gAeryCqZikk[/YT]

As one of the people that hated TASM,

if you dislike this scene you simply never read a Spidey comics because that was good.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - "A New Era" TV Spot 1

[YT]f3KYAH1rld0[/YT]

Official Final Trailer Sneak Peek :
[YT]ZVXKzwA6mvM[/YT]

At this point, with all the trailers, teasers, footage and marketing...

it would be a surprise twist if Gwen doesn't die. -_-

YouTube embed for the new/"final" trailer.

[YT]DlM2CWNTQ84[/YT]

Gwen is going to die, there's no getting around that...

Trailer may look impressive...just still can't believe we still can't get the Green Goblin right...and if Gwen dies, it needs to be Norman doing this not Harry, not Electro, etc. The costume can work in a movie, made believable, etc.

Trailer may look impressive...just still can't believe we still can't get the Green Goblin right...and if Gwen dies, it needs to be Norman doing this not Harry, not Electro, etc. The costume can work in a movie, made believable, etc.

Yeah, especially considering how close it is in approach to what Raimi did with Harry. Barely resembling anything "goblin" except they are all ridding some form of flying device they stand on. And there's some green in there.

All that said, I'm hoping that they are doing something a bit different with this. Obviously almost entirely pure speculation here, but it can be inferred from what little we've seen:

I'm guessing that Harry is dosed with whatever they are working on to save Norman (not sure if it's intentionally, or accidental; Harry's doing, or done to him; Norman knows/implements it, or it happens outside of him knowing.)
Any who, I'm imagining he kinda takes things into his own hands (maybe he doses himself, maybe even with good intentions, and goes a bit mad) and then goes renegade, going after Spider-man.
THEN, we will have Norman go full Goblin, either towards the end of this film, or the sequel.

Now, THEN, after Norman "dies," Harry, assuming they don't kill him off, could comeback as another full "Goblin," which Peter can mistake for Norman, back from the dead. Obviously Peter wouldn't THINK Norman is resurrect, but he would be very puzzled by the Goblins reappearance.

In order for that to work/have Peter not immediately suspect Harry, Harry would have to be "disposed" of at some point. Not suspected dead, as then, why bring him back from the "dead," and not Norman?
Perhaps he's left in a coma, or in a mental institution, and Peter thinks he's getting help. Maybe even visits him.

Any who, at least I think that would make it more palatable.

All that said, not sure what they're doing with Gwen. I'd LIKE to think that Harry doesn't kill her. I'd rather it be Norman. It will feel like far to much of Normans story/roll would have been put on Harry for no reason.
Now, if that does happen, and the shots we've seen of her falling remain in the final cut, AND she does NOT die, AND they use something still resembling her comics death in he 3rd, at the hands of Norman, then it will feel repetitive.
Basically using the exact same threat, which was a "false" scare in this film, but then actually kills her the next time.

Norman has green scales or blots of skin on his face, so I'm assuming that whatever turns Harry into the Goblin has already infected Norman. There have been theories that suggest that Norman may have already been a Goblin in the past, and that's what he is dying from. Perhaps he experimented on himself years prior to this film, and now he is turning into the Goblin.

Norman has green scales or blots of skin on his face, so I'm assuming that whatever turns Harry into the Goblin has already infected Norman. There have been theories that suggest that Norman may have already been a Goblin in the past, and that's what he is dying from. Perhaps he experimented on himself years prior to this film, and now he is turning into the Goblin.

Where did we see him with green scales and such?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"