• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (The Spoiler Free Web)

Nothing too new except for a bunch of Spidey swinging. Quick new shots here and there. More clock tower stuff.

There's a fair bit of new footage in the new trailer, especially in the beginning. Lots of swinging shots. Then there's some dialogue from Electro that's kind of new. But mostly the new footage is just action. Nothing story wise is really delved into. If you can hold out, don't watch it. But if your willpower is weak, I don't think watching the trailer will ruin anything.

There's definitely much new stuff in there.

But I gotta say. I'm extremely bored by that end sequence they keep using for all the trailers featurettes and such, with spidey dodging all of Electros blasts at the power plant. So that one sure as heck won't be an adrenaline rush when I see it theaters.

But as a whole it all looks promising :-)

Last edited:
thanks everyone for getting back to me!

so would i be right to say that they show quite a bit of action shots in the new trailer?

i'm going to avoid watching it. they have shown heaps of action as it is. i want some surprises, you know?

how was the cgi in the new shots?

ps. i think i am going to simply avoid the general discussion thread from now until I have seen the movie.

None of these trailers are much different. And most of the action they've shown are all from the same scenes. tbh I think people are overblowing how much they're showing in the trailers, I think theres a lot we haven't seen yet. Almost all the trailers are composed of the same 4-5 scenes.

Yes, quite a bit of new action shots. Lots of new swinging. To me it all looks deliciously awesome. Spider-Man has never moved or looked better.

thanks everyone for getting back to me!

so would i be right to say that they show quite a bit of action shots in the new trailer?

i'm going to avoid watching it. they have shown heaps of action as it is. i want some surprises, you know?

how was the cgi in the new shots?

ps. i think i am going to simply avoid the general discussion thread from now until I have seen the movie.

You sound too hung up on action alone. If that's what it takes to make a great movie for you, than I guarantee that you'll love it. And the CG looks very good:cwink: I have no doubt that it'll look even better in theaters, cause they'll be working on effects right up until the beginning of April, or something. Action is not what any one should be worried about, really. The only way this film will surprise is if the story and characters work wonders. Action are the least of my worries. Nothing we haven't seen before.

nah, i obviously care about the action, but that is meaningless if i am not invested in the story or characters.

i just, yeah, have seen plenty of action in the previous footage, so MORE action in this newest video is superfluous.

i'd rather see these swinging shots etc. for the first time in the cinema and go wow!

There's definitely much new stuff in there.

But I gotta say. I'm extremely bored by that end sequence they keep using for all the trailers featurettes and such, with spidey dodging all of Electros blasts at the power plant. So that one sure as heck won't be an adrenaline rush when I see it theaters.

But as a whole it all looks promising :-)

this is essentially why i am not watching the new video. all of the action risks becoming stale like the electro and spidey tracking shot.

Yeah, that power plant fight scene would have been amazing to see first on the big screen. I'm sure there's a lot more of it we havn't seen and hopefully there's plenty more shots as good as that.

Spongebobwaitingincoffee.gif
Lol, it's okay. I'm right there with ya.

After watching that second trailer and being blown away, I think I've seen enough to quench my thirst for now. Anymore would be overkill.

I want to check out the new trailer, but y'all keep saying there's a lot of new footage so I don't want to spoil myself more than I already have...I'm so conflicted. :o :csad:

I want to check out the new trailer, but y'all keep saying there's a lot of new footage so I don't want to spoil myself more than I already have...I'm so conflicted. :o :csad:

Don't give in. I did and believe me, this stuff will be more effective if you see it on the big screen first.

Try to stay strong, especially if you feel like you've seen to much already.

I kinda wish I hadn't. It was incredible but I feel like I've seen half the film already.

I too wish they didn't show so much. Regardless of what anyone says, there has been a LOT of footage released. Has to be around 10 minutes. There's something to be said for experiencing something for the first time in theatres. I think it puts you on the edge of your seat just a little bit more.

On the other hand, I often enjoy movies the second time more than the first time. You know exactly what's going to happen, but in some ways you're almost more excited because you anticipate your favourite parts. So I don't know. I wished I hadn't seen so much, but at the same time I'm still gonna be beyond excited when I first sit down in that theatre on May 2nd.

For those that are hanging on by a thin-web, let me just say, I'm right there with ya. I'm not watching any more footage or trailers...imo, there's no point. Like me, you're probably gonna see the movie no matter what so why keep spoiling yourselves by watching more and more stuff. The movie will be here in no time at all, like 68 days or something for the US folks and even less maybe only 50 days for the international guys and gals. Stay strong and keep the will power going--you'll be glad you did. :woot: My 0.02

You guys are lucky I have to make gifs so I had to but then again im giving excuses because I really wanted to see it

what I hate is that most of us can piece the entire movies story together based on the trailers, they could have and should have kept Harry/Goblin out of the entire ad campaign and focused on electro and had Goblin been a surprise

For those that are hanging on by a thin-web, let me just say, I'm right there with ya. I'm not watching any more footage or trailers...imo, there's no point. Like me, you're probably gonna see the movie no matter what so why keep spoiling yourselves by watching more and more stuff. The movie will be here in no time at all, like 68 days or something for the US folks and even less maybe only 50 days for the international guys and gals. Stay strong and keep the will power going--you'll be glad you did. :woot: My 0.02

It's easier to hold off this time around I'd say - back when we were getting flooded with promo footage for TASM, I needed to see it, as I had no idea what to expect :D
This time around, given that I know how Webb works (or maybe I just think I do!), I'm more comfortable sitting back and waiting, instead of watching everything that's sent our way

So, this will be the only thread I'll be visiting until the film's release date from now on. Have you guys seen the motion posters?

I love them!

So, this will be the only thread I'll be visiting until the film's release date from now on. Have you guys seen the motion posters?

I love them!

Yeah, sadly they spoiled most of the swinging :whatever: Somehow I was expecting something different. lika a flash animation of the existing posters.

I love them!

Best of luck on staying spoiler free. :up: I've already been spoiled on too much. So it's too late for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"