The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Blu-Ray/DVD Countdown Thread

Nicko-Ray

Madness
Reaction score
I always countdown to the home video release to my favorite movies, so I thought it'd be a great idea to start a thread countdown for TASM2!

The idea is pretty simple. I'll post a photo whether it be BTS, a promo, or a still from TASM2 with each day.

Here we go!

61 more days until Blu-Ray/DVD

ml2i4w.jpg

(P.S. Can a mod make this thread sticky please?)​

Last edited:
This thread is a great idea.

I already made space for the blu-ray on my blu-ray rack. :funny:

I did that months ago ;)

ASM2 gets a slot.
Cap 2, DoFP and How to Train your Dragon go in existing boxes.
I need to see Guardians of the Galaxy to decide if I'm getting it on blu ray.

Thanks guys! I'm so excited. Hopefully I'll be able to find some more of the "unpopular" photos to keep it interesting.
OriginalMiles, rad avvy.

Thanks, Nicko. :woot: K made it! :grin:

I think I'm most excited to find out if there is a making of documentary, I love those. (watching one as I type this!)

Thanks, Nicko. :woot: K made it! :grin:

I think I'm most excited to find out if there is a making of documentary, I love those. (watching one as I type this!)

I think there will be according to the features description! It'll probably be like the TASM disc. I hope there are the little cool extra stuff like concept art.

I think there will be according to the features description! It'll probably be like the TASM disc. I hope there are the little cool extra stuff like concept art.

:mrk::mrk::mrk::mrk::mrk:

YES!!!!!! Gonna watch the **** out of that.

I wanna see lots of concept art. :yay:

Awesome thread Nicko! You should ask a mod to see if we can sticky this thread.

What version(s) of the Blu-ray is everyone planning on getting?

I was hoping to get a steelbook version but I don't think there's one available. So, I'll probably end up getting either the BB version or the Target edition.

I was hoping to get a steelbook version but I don't think there's one available. So, I'll probably end up getting either the BB version or the Target edition.

I'm getting the normal version and the Target exclusive extra disk version.

Thanks man. I already messaged a mod- nothing yet.

Dude I was gonna get a steelbook too. Was hoping it'd be my first one but yup, none in sight. The BB version is basically the regular version right? And the only difference with the Target version is this bonus disc?

I might end up just getting a basic version (because that's what's available here at work). I'm also hoping that I can hit up some people I know to get it early. These blu-ray/DVD sets are available like two to three weeks before release date.

Last edited:

Since I don't have a bluray player, I hope they have that on the standard edition :p

Oh **** I didn't realize bluray players were so cheap :o

If you don't have a Blu-ray player, I highly recommend getting one. Once you see the quality of HD, there's no going back. :yay:

Yep got my spot all set and ready on my large movie wall unit. Got a section just for all the comic book/superhero flicks :cwink:

Thanks man. I already messaged a mod- nothing yet.

Dude I was gonna get a steelbook too. Was hoping it'd be my first one but yup, none in sight. The BB version is basically the regular version right? And the only difference with the Target version is this bonus disc?

I might end up just getting a basic version (because that's what's available here at work). I'm also hoping that I can hit up some people I know to get it early. These blu-ray/DVD sets are available like two to three weeks before release date.

I really dislike when stores have inconsistent packaging. BB had the steelbook for ASM so they should have one for ASM2. Oh well. The BB version comes with a comic book, I believe, and I think it also includes the 3D version of the film. Not sure. But yes, the Target edition does come with a bonus disc which is exactly the way they had ASM packaged. At least Target is consistent here.

The only thing I'm slightly worried about and it's a small one is the PQ and AQ on the Blu-ray. The release date is 8/19 which is about a month earlier than what it would normally be based on a May 2nd release date for the film. My guess is they're tying to get a jump on DVD/BR sales to compensate for the money they didn't make in theaters. I dunno. But because the BR is coming out earlier it may have an affect on the quality of the transfer. I think I'm gonna hold off on getting a copy until I see some reviews. Cause if the transfer isn't good enough, I'll just wait for the 4K version that will probably be released a couple of months later. I'm kind of a videophile-nerd. PQ is very important to me. But, like I said it's a minor concern. Sony is typically rock solid on their transfers and is easily one of the best in that regard--maybe only Pixar can top them.

Haven't made my mind up yet, just as long I get all the special features included.

The special features are the same on all the Blu-rays. Doesn't matter if it's the Target or BB or one you pick up from Barnes and Noble or Walmart. I wonder if that comic in the BB edition is gonna be good?

Dude, you gotta get on that. Blu-ray is where it's at--the picture, colors, the sound. Ahhh, glorious. You can get a very decent one for about $70 US. I've got a pretty kick-ass set up at home and I don't know what I would do without it. Honestly the display I have, especially the picture on my set looks better than the theater. Not saying you have to go all out but the difference between BR and DVD is immense.

Blu ray over DVD is such a huge difference. Being someone who always owned ps3 and now a ps4 I just love it. Even going back all the time through my dvd collection and replacing certain films with the blu ray version.

I really dislike when stores have inconsistent packaging. BB had the steelbook for ASM so they should have one for ASM2. Oh well. The BB version comes with a comic book, I believe, and I think it also includes the 3D version of the film. Not sure. But yes, the Target edition does come with a bonus disc which is exactly the way they had ASM packaged. At least Target is consistent here.

The only thing I'm slightly worried about and it's a small one is the PQ and AQ on the Blu-ray. The release date is 8/19 which is about a month earlier than what it would normally be based on a May 2nd release date for the film. My guess is they're tying to get a jump on DVD/BR sales to compensate for the money they didn't make in theaters. I dunno. But because the BR is coming out earlier it may have an affect on the quality of the transfer. I think I'm gonna hold off on getting a copy until I see some reviews. Cause if the transfer isn't good enough, I'll just wait for the 4K version that will probably be released a couple of months later. I'm kind of a videophile-nerd. PQ is very important to me. But, like I said it's a minor concern. Sony is typically rock solid on their transfers and is easily one of the best in that regard--maybe only Pixar can top them.

The special features are the same on all the Blu-rays. Doesn't matter if it's the Target or BB or one you pick up from Barnes and Noble or Walmart. I wonder if that comic in the BB edition is gonna be good?

Dude, you gotta get on that. Blu-ray is where it's at--the picture, colors, the sound. Ahhh, glorious. You can get a very decent one for about $70 US. I've got a pretty kick-ass set up at home and I don't know what I would do without it. Honestly the display I have, especially the picture on my set looks better than the theater. Not saying you have to go all out but the difference between BR and DVD is immense.
Do you have the TASM steel book from Best Buy? Is that why you were trying to cop the TASM2 one for consistent packaging for your collection? Haha I would do same.

Dude I hear you on the transfer. First, I wanted to say that I can totally tell you're a picture/audio/tech/blu-ray nerd just by the convos we've had and by reading your review on TSSM blu-ray (still gotta get on that.) Secondly, I mentioned this in the general discussion thread, but that blu-ray date (8/19) has been around since at least the beginning of the year along with Sony's other home entertainment releases. I've known about it for a long time now actually haha. They said they wanted to try out a different strategy in booming their sales with the home releases this year, as opposed to last year. So the date has nothing to do with the BO result. Thirdly, I wanted to say I'm with you, I want a transfer as good as TASM. But also take into consideration that the movie has technically been out since mid-April due to the early foreign release. Sony usually delivers in technology so I'm not too worried.

Lastly, what's your kick ass set up? Lol. Not gonna lie, I have a very simple but cool set up. 60" Samsung plasma mounted to wall (wires concealed), with a Sony htct-660 sound bar (wireless sub). Frickin' rich and explosive. Turn the lights off and put in a blu-ray....whew. Heaven.

Last edited:
I can't wait to have this movie in my hands! I think it'll come quick :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"