Homecoming Spider-Man: Homecoming Blu-Ray/DVD Countdown Thread

Battlefront 2 looks good but £50 is HUGE amount to drop on a game you have a passing interest in.

That's true,I always try to pay no more than 30€ for a game. I got Ratchet & Clank(by the Spider-Man guys) for 15€ and it felt like a steal as the game is awesome.

That's true,I always try to pay no more than 30€ for a game. I got Ratchet & Clank(by the Spider-Man guys) for 15€ and it felt like a steal as the game is awesome.

I'm going to get Marvel Alliance 2 for £10 to tide me over till Spider-Man :)
Not really the game to showcase the PS Pro, but meh.

I'm going to get Marvel Alliance 2 for £10 to tide me over till Spider-Man :)
Not really the game to showcase the PS Pro, but meh.

If you want some advice,here's some great action/adventure/RPG you can get:

Uncharted 4
Uncharted The Lost Legacy
Ratchet & Clank
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
NieR Automata
The Witcher 3
Batman Arkham Knight

Uncharted 4
Ratchet & Clank
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
NieR Automata
The Witcher 3
Batman Arkham Knight

Can't be long or action packed as I play games with my mrs and she can't take it if it's too intense.

Checked out the Spidey Study Guide last night. Some stuff I missed and some stuff I (and you guys) already knew. Watts sure loves his license plate easter eggs haha.

Anybody else check this out?

One interesting note was that
Peter and Toomes' exchange in the car was thought up since the beginning of this project. They thought of it to be "the heart of the movie". Cool to see that the one thing they held on to did end up being one of the coolest things of the film. Now I don't know if that was THE heart of the film or the ASM #33 adaption.

Last edited:

Uncharted 4
Ratchet & Clank
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
NieR Automata
The Witcher 3
Batman Arkham Knight

Good list, but if you add Rise of the Tomb Raider and Fallout 4, you've got yourself a great list.

There are to many good/great games on ps4 to not have a ps4. Horizon, TLG, Ratchet and clank plus some that are not excusive games that are great to like batman Arkham. I am so galde that we are most likely going to get a great Spider-Man game though. The last good Spider-Man game was shattered deminsions in like 2010 and last great one was ultimate Spider-Man in 2005. The 2 superheros I love are batman and Spider-Man. Batman got its great games with the Arkham games. Heck city, knight and origins are all in my top like 10 games of all time list and asylum in like top 30 or so. It is time for Spider-Man to get great games to. If this game ends at like that level of greatness I am going to cry tears of joy.

Anyone who has the SMH blu ray, is there a decent special effects featurette in the extras?

How does the 4k look compared to the other Spider-Man movies on 4k? This is the first 4k Spider-Man movie I have had but have not had time to watch yet.

Anyone who has the SMH blu ray, is there a decent special effects featurette in the extras?
It’s funny — I just realized now that there isn’t. This feels more like a Marvel Studios blu-ray even though Sony distro’d it. Past ASM blu-rays had some SFX/VFX featurettes but this one doesn’t. There’s a stunts one though.

It’s funny — I just realized now that there isn’t. This feels more like a Marvel Studios blu-ray even though Sony distro’d it. Past ASM blu-rays had some SFX/VFX featurettes but this one doesn’t. There’s a stunts one though.

Seriously? That is really really annoying.

Got my Blu-ray combo pack yesterday! I got the Wal-Mart one with the Mash-ems for the kids. The boy got Spider-Man, and my daughter took Iron Man. Both were thrilled! We watched the movie, enjoyed it again (still makes us all laugh), and called it a night. Started watching a few of the special features...pretty cool. Didn't see what all they were.

Yeah, the MCU special features are kinda infamous for not being very good. Extremely fluffy and irrelevant.

There is a really good Sony Image Pictureworks featurette on the special effects for SHM on YouTube. And this wasn't included on the blu ray, because...?

I agree with everything you said, but, it's a tough choice for two reasons;
1) I want Homecoming on my IPhone
2) Apple TV has Dolby Vision and my 4k blu ray player (LG UP970) hasn't as yet put out the Dolby Vision update.
So I may go iTunes even though physical media is 100% better quality.

The physical discs typically come with free digital copies. So you buy the disc and then you can also use the code to activate your copy on VUDU or iTunes or whatever.

I've never understood why someone would buy the digital copy on its own when they could the disc plus digital copy for the difference of a few bucks.

The physical discs typically come with free digital copies. So you buy the disc and then you can also use the code to activate your copy on VUDU or iTunes or whatever.

I've never understood why someone would buy the digital copy on its own when they could the disc plus digital copy for the difference of a few bucks.

Does the digital copy work with Itunes?

Last edited:
There is a really good Sony Image Pictureworks featurette on the special effects for SHM on YouTube. And this wasn't included on the blu ray, because...?

What's funny is that I saw that on YouTube as well but specifically didn't watch it because I assumed it was going to be on the Blu-Ray lol.

What's funny is that I saw that on YouTube as well but specifically didn't watch it because I assumed it was going to be on the Blu-Ray lol.
Lol I thought that, too. Good featurette though. I like watching stuff like that. I think the ASM blus went overload on the VFX stuff. Like...k, not sure what they're saying here...but okay, looks cool haha.

Lol I thought that, too. Good featurette though. I like watching stuff like that. I think the ASM blus went overload on the VFX stuff. Like...k, not sure what they're saying here...but okay, looks cool haha.

VFX featurettes are all I watch so the more the better. No VFX for SMH is huge disappointment.

I agree with everything you said, but, it's a tough choice for two reasons;
1) I want Homecoming on my IPhone
2) Apple TV has Dolby Vision and my 4k blu ray player (LG UP970) hasn't as yet put out the Dolby Vision update.
So I may go iTunes even though physical media is 100% better quality.

This is why I stay away from Apple :o

Checked out the Spidey Study Guide last night. Some stuff I missed and some stuff I (and you guys) already knew. Watts sure loves his license plate easter eggs haha.

Anybody else check this out?

One interesting note was that
Peter and Toomes' exchange in the car was thought up since the beginning of this project. They thought of it to be "the heart of the movie". Cool to see that the one thing they held on to did end up being one of the coolest things of the film. Now I don't know if that was THE heart of the film or the ASM #33 adaption.

That's great and I agree, the car scene is easily one of the best scenes in the movie.

I must be one of the only people that found the ASM 33 homage was lacking. I enjoyed the scene enough however I feel the comic version and the TSSM version are much better in the execution.

Hopefully the Spider-Man game is both long and intense and I'll shoo my mrs into the next room :sly:

Lol. About the time that game comes out, someone may need to create a Spidey-fan 'Mrs' support group forum.

Yeah, imo, the special features are underwhelming. And this example is just more proof. Also no commentary either. Wtf.

Does the digital copy work with Itunes?

I'm not sure. Have you ever considered using a dvd/BR to mp4 conversion application for your computer? I have one. It comes in real handy for when you essentially want a digital copy for your phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"