• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Winter Soldier Captain America : The Winter Soldier Blu-Ray/DVD Countdown Thread

WalmartWinterSoldier.jpg

Well I TRIED to get these at Walmart tonight, but the clerk was a snippy prick and had no grasp of what customer service is. She kept me waiting 30 minutes after midnight when they should be READY at midnight, and only had 1 box in the front of just the DVD's. I hope I can find these in the morning, but I'm SEVERELY pissed off at Walmart. :cmad:

Captain America : The Winter Soldier out on Blu-Ray/DVD today!
m9an89.jpg

Just got my copy from Walmart!

I just picked up the 3D Blu Ray/ Blu Ray/ HD Digital combo steel book combo pack from Best Buy.

Edit I just found out that the steel book combo pack from Best Buy DOES NOT have a dvd copy of the movie included like other combo packs. It just has the 3D blu ray and 2D blu ray and code for digital HD copy. I am very disappointed by that as I love having a DVD copy around. Why are the forcing 3D Blu rays? I don't know ANYONE with a 3D TV. Anyway, the steel book is cool though. Looking forward to watching this later tonight or sometime this week.

Last edited:
I just bought my copy at Target, but I have nothing code wise or anything to redeem the extra content from targets website. I'm really missing just having the extra disk right now.

I just picked up the 3D Blu Ray/ Blu Ray/ HD Digital combo steel book combo pack from Best Buy.

Edit I just found out that the steel book combo pack from Best Buy DOES NOT have a dvd copy of the movie included like other combo packs. It just has the 3D blu ray and 2D blu ray and code for digital HD copy. I am very disappointed by that as I love having a DVD copy around. Why are the forcing 3D Blu rays? I don't know ANYONE with a 3D TV. Anyway, the steel book is cool though. Looking forward to watching this later tonight or sometime this week.

None of the Blu-ray copies of TWS come with a copy of the DVD. I think it sucks too. I never watch a DVD if I have the Blu-Ray of it, but it's still nice to have. I'd rather have that than a 3D copy.

None of the Blu-ray copies of TWS come with a copy of the DVD. I think it sucks too. I never watch a DVD if I have the Blu-Ray of it, but it's still nice to have. I'd rather have that than a 3D copy.
I like having the DVD version because I only have one Blu-ray player in my house and plenty of DVD players on the others. If I want to watch something else, I have the option to do so on another TV. Plus, I sometimes loan out movies to friends and family that don't have Blu-ray players.

Got my copy on blu ray :woot: can't wait to watch tonight after work.

The first Wal-Mart I went to only had the regular versions then the next one I went to had a full stand filled with the different covers on all sides!

980d411a-96cc-4059-8503-908def991273_zps7c98ef3d.jpg

Disappointed in the special features, even Amazing Spider Man 2 special features were better. It's a 10 min feature about the action scenes, a gag reel ( which isn't really funny) a useless feature on Antony mackie ( even though I like the guy) his is phrase cut the check, and another feature about cap's pop culture references in his notebook, like four deleted scenes that are just okay and then commentary. I am starting to think that I should just stop buying these movies and just wait for the phase 2 collection. Haven't watched the movie get, but I am looking forward to it. One of Marvel's best movies.

Glad I did a preorder for store pickup for the steel book at Best Buy. They were all out when I got there

The first Wal-Mart I went to only had the regular versions then the next one I went to had a full stand filled with the different covers on all sides!

980d411a-96cc-4059-8503-908def991273_zps7c98ef3d.jpg

That's the cover I picked.

There's a Bucky cover? Crap I should have waited to get mine!

I got my copy on blu-ray, But I'm kinda disappointed with the lack of special features and documentary on the regular release, I have this feeling that Phase 2 boxset is going to be over packed with unreleased features grr...

Got the Bucky cover as we'll. It is alittle light on the extras and no one shot is definitely a bummer but the movie is just as good as I remembered. This really was a great movie and I'm thrilled to finally have it in the collection.

Yeah, I definitely missed the One Shot. I like watching them before the feature film, like the old shorts they used to have in theaters.

I picked up my copy first thing this morning. Got the one with Cap on the cover. :D

Captain America: The First Avenger blu-ray content
24ce3oo.jpg

* commentary by director Joe Johnston, cinematographer Shelly Johnston and editor Jeffrey Ford
* Deleted Scenes

(Featurerette)
Outfitting a Hero.
Howling Commandos.
Heightened Technology.
The Transformation.
Behind the Skull.
Captain America's Origins.
The Assembly Begins.

Marvel One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer featurette.
The Avengers
Trailers.
The Avengers animated series trailer.
digital copy of the film.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Blu-ray content
n69og9.jpg

* Audio Commentary:
* On the Front Line: An Inside Look at Captain America's Battlegrounds
* On Set with Anthony Mackie: Cut the Check!
* Deleted and Extended Scenes
* Steve Rogers' Notebook
* Gag Reel

That's ridiculous that the blu-ray is practically bone less in content

That's ridiculous that the blu-ray is practically bone less in content

That has become the norm for Disney Blu-Rays in general as well as several others. WB and Disney were usually top notch in the early days of Blu but that has now completely changed. An example would be WB was going The Iron Giant on Blu and the director Brad Bird wanted a lot of special features when WB wanted to release it bare bones like many other old WB films heading to Blu, Bird won't let it be released until it's a good package. I wonder if it's not just Disney to blame but Marvel as well, although Iron Man through Captain America TFA under the Paramount banner were filled with special features (even The Incredible Hulk under Universal was packed).

Does it just cost too much for the companies these days?

Picked it up today, watched it (blu ray)

I wanted the retro style cover, but they only had the regular ****** one

That's the normal cover. :p

That has become the norm for Disney Blu-Rays in general as well as several others. WB and Disney were usually top notch in the early days of Blu but that has now completely changed. An example would be WB was going The Iron Giant on Blu and the director Brad Bird wanted a lot of special features when WB wanted to release it bare bones like many other old WB films heading to Blu, Bird won't let it be released until it's a good package. I wonder if it's not just Disney to blame but Marvel as well, although Iron Man through Captain America TFA under the Paramount banner were filled with special features (even The Incredible Hulk under Universal was packed).

Does it just cost too much for the companies these days?
I'm beginning to think companies are skimping on the extras because most people these days are only watching the BR/DVD/DC for the actual movie and only the real die-hard fans watch the extras. It used to be a novel thing to see behind-the-scenes stuff when DVDs and extras first came out but now that it's been done so much, it's not really all that exciting to see anymore. While I'd like to see more extras like on the first two IM movies, the lack of them is not going to stop me from continuing to buy MCU films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"