Homecoming Spider-Man: Homecoming Blu-Ray/DVD Countdown Thread

So I just got it today, went to Target but they didn't have anymore of the the exclusive cover. I was just watching the extended version of Peter's film and it shows after the airport battle he went to a party in Germany and it showed the footage of him swinging around with a redhead, like from the set photos.

So to the few people who thought this was supposed to be Mary Jane...it wasn't, just a random German girl lol

So I just got it today, went to Target but they didn't have anymore of the the exclusive cover. I was just watching the extended version of Peter's film and it shows after the airport battle he went to a party in Germany and it showed the footage of him swinging around with a redhead, like from the set photos.

So to the few people who thought this was supposed to be Mary Jane...it wasn't, just a random German girl lol
Yup. That’s usually the case about 98% of the time. People freaking out about ish lol. Like that concept art that had “MJ.”

I took advantage of the three hour break in my college classes today to swing (heh) by Best Buy and grab a Steelbok. I plan on checking out the special features when I get home.

Got my copy today in the mail. Watched most of the special features and think I'll watch it again tomorrow

Don't have the movie yet should have it in a few days but its not a big deal I wouldn't have time to watch it yet any way with nba season starting to night and all. Watching the Cavs game right now and still have the 2nd game to watch plus sharks play tonight to and flash is on and I got school tomorrow and more games to watch.

They conform that Tinkerer will probably return in the sequels.

Got my copy today in the mail. Watched most of the special features and think I'll watch it again tomorrow
Same and yes, they hint that The Tinkerer will serve as what he does in the comics for these movies. Pretty tight. Watts also says that this underground weapon ring is just the "tip of the iceberg to what is boiling beneath the surface". Sounds to me that blackmarket and underground crime may be the "theme" for villains moving forward which fits perfectly imo.

What's better? 3D or 4k?
4K. If you have the 4K capabilities, you have to. 3D isn't timeless and I would go for the most cleanest res possible. You won't regret it.

Same and yes, they hint that The Tinkerer will serve as what he does in the comics for these movies. Pretty tight. Watts also says that this underground weapon ring is just the "tip of the iceberg to what is boiling beneath the surface". Sounds to me that blackmarket and underground crime may be the "theme" for villains moving forward which fits perfectly imo.

4K. If you have the 4K capabilities, you have to. 3D isn't timeless and I would go for the most cleanest res possible. You won't regret it.

To be fair, 3D (passive) on a 4k tv is incredible. But that is native 3D, SMH is post converted. Hence why I ask is 3D SMH better than 4K SMH.

Last edited:
To be fair, 3D (passive) on a 4k tv is incredible. But that is native 3D, SMH is post converted. Hence why I ask is 4K SMH better than 4K SMH.
Right. I would still go 4K over 3D any day. That's just me.

I'm gonna weigh in on the 4k/digital topic.

First, it's 4k or bust imo. Preferences aside, 4K is the better option imo for display and getting the most out of your picture.

Second, 4K physical copies and even standard Blu rays are a better choice over digital. Again, preferences aside, the physical copies will produce both better video and audio quality than digital. That's not an opinion, it's fact. Digital is always improving but the level of quality in blu ray players and their future proofing with software updates creates better quality with output. But like I said, it's still about personal preferences. For me, for example, I am very into picture/audio quality and I can see even slight differences in either to where I want the best possible output. IMO, the only real benefit to digital is for portability (in many cases, I have a digital copy to back up my physical copy if I wanna watch something on the road, etc.) and to help with clutter, for lack of a better word. I guess some people prefer not to have shelves upon shelves dedicated to housing a collection and would rather just have everything on a desktop computer/laptop/phone or whatever. For me though, I enjoy the look of display cases. But objectively speaking, the hard copy format produces a higher level of quality for both picture and audio.

First, it's 4k or bust imo. Preferences aside, 4K is the better option imo for display and getting the most out of your picture.

Second, 4K physical copies and even standard Blu rays are a better choice over digital. Again, preferences aside, the physical copies will produce both better video and audio quality than digital. That's not an opinion, it's fact. Digital is always improving but the level of quality in blu ray players and their future proofing with software updates creates better quality with output. But like I said, it's still about personal preferences. For me, for example, I am very into picture/audio quality and I can see even slight differences in either to where I want the best possible output. IMO, the only real benefit to digital is for portability (in many cases, I have a digital copy to back up my physical copy if I wanna watch something on the road, etc.) and to help with clutter, for lack of a better word. I guess some people prefer not to have shelves upon shelves dedicated to housing a collection and would rather just have everything on a desktop computer/laptop/phone or whatever. For me though, I enjoy the look of display cases. But objectively speaking, the hard copy format produces a higher level of quality for both picture and audio.

I agree with everything you said, but, it's a tough choice for two reasons;
1) I want Homecoming on my IPhone
2) Apple TV has Dolby Vision and my 4k blu ray player (LG UP970) hasn't as yet put out the Dolby Vision update.
So I may go iTunes even though physical media is 100% better quality.

Definitely agree with you on this. I hope they can introduce some of the gangster villains like Tombstone or Hammerhead.

Anyway this is probably old news to anyone who paid attention when the special features where first announced, but I just realized there is no commentary track. That's a bit disappointing but oh well.

Definitely agree with you on this. I hope they can introduce some of the gangster villains like Tombstone or Hammerhead.

Anyway this is probably old news to anyone who paid attention when the special features where first announced, but I just realized there is no commentary track. That's a bit disappointing but oh well.
I mean, Scorpion is already part of this underground crime scene. Gonna be interesting to see how they adapt Kraven or Mysterio...

Yeah, there's only the "Spidey Study Guide" where you can watch the movie with pop-up facts relating to the comics. Claims that they inform you of things even the sharpest Spidey fan didn't know about lol. Doing that tonight lol.

:wowe:
Physical all day errday! I'm the same, too, where I can spot the most minute of differences. #antipixelation

Thanks. :)
You talking from experience or reputation? Have you seen both?

I still haven't bought a 4k tv,hope to get one before Spider-Man PS4 comes out,but I saw some UHD BD on my uncle's tv and I was impressed. And of course Physical>digital for me.

I still haven't bought a 4k tv,hope to get one before Spider-Man PS4 comes out,but I saw some UHD BD on my uncle's tv and I was impressed. And of course Physical>digital for me.

I've literally bought a PS4 Pro in anticipation of the Spider-Man game.
There isn't another game I'm interested in the slightest.

I've literally bought a PS4 Pro in anticipation of the Spider-Man game.
There isn't another game I'm interested in the slightest.

There's lots of great stuff on ps4 right now,but yeah I'm dying for that game. Looks soooo good.

There's lots of great stuff on ps4 right now,but yeah I'm dying for that game. Looks soooo good.

Battlefront 2 looks good but £50 is HUGE amount to drop on a game you have a passing interest in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"