The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Blu-Ray/DVD Countdown Thread

Much like there's probably some 5 year olds that watch the USM cartoon and find it to be rather dumb.

With ASM2, it's like they were trying to appeal to everyone. Gotta have this. Ok check. What about this? Oh yeah, need some of that too. Check. The editing, pacing and script also suggest they were aimless in their direction.

Yeah, and they didn't manage to exceed in a single area, execept for Spidey swinging, which is kinda given, seeing as it's a, well, Spider-Man movie.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=29567187&postcount=106

That's really ironic coming from you, who rarely has anything new to say. And don't call us jerks. I'm positive name calling is against the rules here.

tumblr_mqzy8xURQ11s7rhw6o1_400.gif

I'm thinking at the end of the year I'm going to compile all the times Joker has gone to town on someone into a big list.

I'll call it the "Jokered" collection, it'll become a yearly tradition. I'll make millions.

#Jokered

I'll put that tune to some freaky dubstep, and we'll be done.

*wub wub, laugh laugh, CRASH*

I'm thinking at the end of the year I'm going to compile all the times Joker has gone to town on someone into a big list.

I'll call it the "Jokered" collection, it'll become a yearly tradition. I'll make millions.

martin%20ferrero.gif

Blood Sucking Lawyer!!!

Oh ok only a 6 but yet you still want to buy it? I mean a six is not bad but not great either. I tend to only buy movies I love.

I buy all Marvel and Spider-Man films and I usually watch them from time to time.

My girl and I watched this again tonight for the first time since the theater. She liked it even more this time around. She noticed more of the subtle details, and after the cookie cutter quality of guardians of the galaxy and TMNT it was very refreshing.(we haven't seen sin city yet)

What a fun movie man, so satisfying. Actually that's how I'd sum up the film in one word after my disappointment with every spider-man film since Spider-man 1. ASM2 is finally Satisfying. The ending really just leaves you on a high note and it's a blu ray collector package I'm proud to have on display!

Can you enlighten us on some of these "subtle details" she noticed because you are making this movie out to be like it has some deeper meaning lol and I can't believe that.

I am pretty sure they jokevomited the script and slapped the movie together with 500 in-your-face Sinister Six teases.

It's interesting because I went with a variety of people: once with my girlfriend, another time with my aunt and little cousin, the third time with my brother and dad, and the last time with one of my cousins who is a young adult like me (an avid fan and critic of movies).

I don't know if your friends are CBM fans, as that certainly makes a difference. But the other day I realized how diverse the people I went to see the movie with were, in regards to their ages and interests, and it made me wonder what demographic the bad reviews come from the most.

I think the reason the feedback is either very good or bad is because the movie has very good and bad moments. There are some scenes where you know they couldn't have executed it any better, but then there are also moments where you :doh:

I've seen it many times now and voiced a few of my minor complaints/concerns with the movie; but overall, I still love it. I've watched it multiple times just to try and understand how some people are dismissing it from top to bottom. However, I have yet to comprehend that. I think a movie should be open to criticism and that's why I have an open mind about it. I just can't process why some people are going as far as calling it "the worst CBM in history."

No they are more causel fans they have seen sever CBM before but are more causel. My friends loves sm 1-3 and hated this movie he is 25. His friend is about the same age and a causel fan to.

No they are more causel fans they have seen sever CBM before but are more causel. My friends loves sm 1-3 and hated this movie he is 25. His friend is about the same age and a causel fan to.

Well, the people I went with have seen a CBM before.

However, my point was that most of the GA has actually enjoyed the film. It's people such as us, who analyze the film, that noticed it's flaws.

Can you enlighten us on some of these "subtle details" she noticed because you are making this movie out to be like it has some deeper meaning lol and I can't believe that.

I am pretty sure they jokevomited the script and slapped the movie together with 500 in-your-face Sinister Six teases.

He said nothing of the sort. He said fun, not deep. Or are you just setting up the retort that let's him know how his girl is wrong about this movie?

Oh and please list each of those 500 Sinister Six teases.

I like how in the wages of heroism featurette how marc webb says we'll see how much of a physical threat Harry will become as well as using his fierce intellect against peter in Amazing Spider-Man 3. The way webb pitches it has me excited! haha

Well, the people I went with have seen a CBM before.

However, my point was that most of the GA has actually enjoyed the film. It's people such as us, who analyze the film, that noticed it's flaws.

I think that's the case with most of these type of films. By the same token though, the fanboys are the one's who had the biggest issue with the Raimi films and praised Webb's films where the GA likes 1-3 more than the Webb films. If anything, Sony made these set of films to address alot of the fan gripes with the Raimi films. Ultimately while they pleased alot of the diehard fans with webshooters, gwen being Peter's first love, Peter in Highschool and living with Aunt May, A tall lanky Peter Parker, etc , it didn't capture the public's hearts and imaginations the way it did a decade ago. Now there's more than one reason for that, including execution, but yeah, fans will grade these films on harder than GA, though fans aren't the ones who hurt the films reception .

The last 3red of the movie. They said there was a longer sence about the disse and about the goblin and spider man or something when peter finds the truth about how peters dad loves him and wasn't a spy and was trying to save him. The talked about how when harry helps electro excape they talked about what would electro where and they where saying that the movie has to be pg 13 and we don't need to see to much lol. They said they had to pay for the right to have harry do the jeaperde thing with the bones Round thing. They talked about harry bloming up the oscrop thing and how there was already a lot going on in the thired act and a lot of action nice excuse lol. No way that should have been cut form the movie. They talked about playing that gween would die in the last act of the movie if only the trailers didn't bascily show her die lol. They said at one point thee planes thing at the end was almost taken out. I think it was great idea to leve that end has it made the stakes bigger. They said the part during the power plant fight where peter seens gweens death they wanted to hit home that this was peters biggest fear that gween was now in derect harms way that he had put her in danger like he was ****ed would happen. They talked about at the end when gween dies that they had to show that early and make sure that it was offise enough that she died and they said they had to make sure it wasn't to grumsium. They said at first it wasn't office enough that she died with the first version. They said they asked people if they would take there kids to this movie and one parent said that it yes that you are going to have to loss people in your lifes and that this movie shows how you have to move on form that.

I have to say the comentary for this movie is pretty good. I wish that Andrew was on the comatry for the movie to though. Man I love this movie so much I don't know what movie ever one else saw but I must have seen a different movie. The more I watch this movie the more I love it. The special features on this movie are great 4.5-5 on the special features. Hopefully this movie real get a derectors cut at some point has most people that hate the movie would think it is at least ok if they didn't cut so much form the movie. Even watching the commentary you can tell form what they say that to much was cut form the movie and how most of the stuff that was cut would have either got ridge of the problems or greatly improved the problems. Know after watching the movie 5 times I still don't see the so called problems with the movie and with this movie being my 4th favorite CBM ever I am even leading towards uping the movie to being my 3erd favorite CBM ever it is just that great! With the stuff cut form the movie if it had been in the movie I think the movie could be right there with sm2 has the best spider man movie yet.

I think that's the case with most of these type of films. By the same token though, the fanboys are the one's who had the biggest issue with the Raimi films and praised Webb's films where the GA likes 1-3 more than the Webb films. If anything, Sony made these set of films to address alot of the fan gripes with the Raimi films. Ultimately while they pleased alot of the diehard fans with webshooters, gwen being Peter's first love, Peter in Highschool and living with Aunt May, A tall lanky Peter Parker, etc , it didn't capture the public's hearts and imaginations the way it did a decade ago. Now there's more than one reason for that, including execution, but yeah, fans will grade these films on harder than GA, though fans aren't the ones who hurt the films reception .

Agreed.

Ironically, though, it's the fanboys that are complaining the most (who's reasons I understand).

This discussion also brushes on another point: who was Sony trying to please for this film?

They put the comic book references in there for folks like you and I, then they sprinkled elements such as Peter saving the kid from the bullies for children, at the same time they have the Peter/Gwen relationship which satisfies a lot of people (females, comic book fans, GA), and scenes such as Goblin's transformation was explicit enough where adults could tolerate it and kids would be able to see it, too.

I've never felt that way with TDK films, for example. There seems to be one theme which everyone is on board with, and it just makes the film work. Can you imagine if they had censored Joker for kids?

I'm curious to see how Sony responds to this for S6, TASM3, and so on.

Agreed.

Ironically, though, it's the fanboys that are complaining the most (who's reasons I understand).

This discussion also brushes on another point: who was Sony trying to please for this film?

They put the comic book references in there for folks like you and I, then they sprinkled elements such as Peter saving the kid from the bullies for children, at the same time they have the Peter/Gwen relationship which satisfies a lot of people (females, comic book fans, GA), and scenes such as Goblin's transformation was explicit enough where adults could tolerate it and kids would be able to see it, too.

I've never felt that way with TDK films, for example. There seems to be one theme which everyone is on board with, and it just makes the film work. Can you imagine if they had censored Joker for kids?

I'm curious to see how Sony responds to this for S6, TASM3, and so on.

While I do remember hearing something about that there was a delected sence with the joker buring that guy who had the dogs on top of the money so that was kind of censored.

While I do remember hearing something about that there was a delected sence with the joker buring that guy who had the dogs on top of the money so that was kind of censored.

But at the end of the day, it was a deleted scene.

They still made up for it by making Joker the most bonafide badass villain I've ever seen in a movie.

Plus, with scenes such as Joker explaining what his father used to do to his mom, I think it's pretty evident that they weren't exactly thinking about kids there.

I just got the blu-ray. Looks great, which I'm guessing is because it's mastered for 4K or something. (that's what it says on the case at least :funny:)

I just got the blu-ray. Looks great, which I'm guessing is because it's mastered for 4K or something. (that's what it says on the case at least :funny:)
I'm inclined to believe the claim. It does look and sound amazing on a 55'' television.

Looks even better on a 60" HDTV. :oldrazz::word: #sweg

Yeah it looks great on my small 37 inch tv and my tv is only 720p upsacled 1080p lol. I am hoping in a few years that I will beable to get a 4k 3d tv around $1000 that is between 50-60 inch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"