The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Maybe.

2. No idea, maybe Dr. Connors tests on them? Maybe Dr. Connors and Van Adder do? (The "Ready to play God" line)

There is no Van Adder in the film, the official site says that Irrfan is playing Dr. Ratha

Yeah that part always makes me laugh too :D and the way he takes breath between every few words makes it feel even more stupid, if you know what I mean

I just watched BB yesterday, his voice sounded indeed pretty good in that, I wonder why they changed it

they didn't change it they just gave him more lines to say which (imho) was a mistake.

But that's sort of my problem. It's hard to feel bad for a guy when he captures and experiments on the police. That's not exactly sympathetic...

There's the lizard side that is supposed to be pure evil, and the Connors side that's supposed to be sympathetic. at least, that's how I think it's going to be.

But that's sort of my problem. It's hard to feel bad for a guy when he captures and experiments on the police. That's not exactly sympathetic...

Maybe it's against his will?

He does have a family...

But that'd be a little generic.

"Do what I want or else I'll kill your family."

Maybe he isn't supposed to be a sympathetic villain? Similar to his MTV animated series counterpart...but that version of the character had no family. So, yeah...

So many questions. :S

There's the lizard side that is supposed to be pure evil, and the Connors side that's supposed to be sympathetic. at least, that's how I think it's going to be.

But how does THE LIZARD experiment? I wouldn't expect him to be able to do all the same things he did as Connors. That's what makes him a villain. He doesn't do what the good guy does.

they didn't change it they just gave him more lines to say which (imho) was a mistake.

In Batman Begins he speaks mostly in a voice that uses very lightly "the growl" and in The Dark Knight he mostly speaks in the full growly voice

I really hope that's how they play it as well. dr. jekell and mr. hyde that 'happens' to have spider-man.

I've come to learn that one should wait until they see the movie before they "jump the gun" and call flags to the field.

Ledger's Joker, Hardy's Bane, Hathaway's Catwoman...they all received hate until we saw them, respectively in TDK and TDKR's trailers.

I won't be saying this will ruin the film until I see it, or at least learn more on why the SWAT team is turn and for what purpose.

The examples you listed were of actors/actresses, whom I will never judge until I actually see. This is a plot point and like someone else said, if not done right, can become very hokey. Right now this plot point (in regards to your theory) puts everything we've been following about the film's themes into question (of which I thought, regarding Connors, was his search for a missing piece and that he is just a man who made a mistake); did Connors turn the swat team into lizards? if so, why? Does this mean that Connors knew he would turn into a lizard and had a master plan? Does this mean that in his full transformation, the Lizard will not be completely animalistic but actually intelligent? At this point, with everything we know about the film, this plot point doesn't sound to good on paper and comes off as an unnecessary addition, to me at least. But I am sad now.

But how does THE LIZARD experiment? I wouldn't expect him to be able to do all the same things he did as Connors. That's what makes him a villain. He doesn't do what the good guy does.

Maybe he's an intelligent lizard like the original was?

Lol, I hope we don't see the Lizard experimenting on people.

It'd be kinda cheesy. Imagine this hulking creature hunched behind a microscope or something. xD

Mid-transformation Connors? Hmm, possibly.

Lol, I hope we don't see the Lizard experimenting on people.

It'd be kinda cheesy. Imagine this hulking creature hunched behind a microscope or something. xD

Mid-transformation Connors? Hmm, possibly.

hahahaha! :funny:

In Batman Begins he speaks mostly in a voice that uses very lightly "the growl" and in The Dark Knight he mostly speaks in the full growly voice

I thought he sounded the same but he keeps talking so you notice it more.
like I said when he talks in small bursts I didn't have a problem with it
'you wanted me, here I am'
'I'M NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!'

but the speeches, oh dear the speeches...
ha ha ha ha ha

as far as I'm concerned the more intelligent the lizard is the better.
the sandman in sand form just growled and venom just screeched.
the hero is only as good as his villian so he villain should not only challenge him phyisically but intellectually as well.

as far as I'm concerned the more intelligent the lizard is the better.
the sandman in sand form just growled and venom just screeched.
the hero is only as good as his villian so he villain should not only challenge him phyisically but intellectually as well.

Yeah, I hated when Sandman was just a big stupid brainless monster

Eh, I wouldn't mind if the Lizard wasn't intelligent. (well, in the way that he has these cheesy generic bad guy plans)

Not to mention the contrast it'd be between this intelligent man...who turns into this vicious and primal creature.

Yeah, I hated when Sandman was just a big stupid brainless monster

venom and sandman were as bad as goblin and doc ock were good.

goblin - 'we are who we choose to be, NOW CHOOSE!'
goblin - 'you, me, we're exceptional'

ock - 'you're getting on my nerves'
ock - 'you have a train to catch'

venom - 'screeeech!!!'
sandman - 'ggggrrrrhhhh!!!'

ugh :dry:

Eh, I wouldn't mind if the Lizard wasn't intelligent. (well, in the way that he has these cheesy generic bad guy plans)

Not to mention the contrast it'd be between this intelligent man...who turns into this vicious and primal creature.

I'd like it if the lizard's inteliigence actually increased so his level of genius exceeds even conners and then he becomes more primal as he evolves

What exactly would have Sandman said as a giant sand monster though, without it looking...cheesy?

"SPIDER-MAAAN! I'LL FIND YOU AND CRUSH YOU!"

I'm with Troy on this one: I just want to see Connors losing it and transforming into this raging beast, that will break some some stuff, destroy puny humans and beat the crap of Spidey, and then go back to his Connors form, waking up god knows where, without having any single memory of what happened when he was the Lizard or you can do it vice versa, so he would remember every single thing, murderer and horror, that he's caused as the Lizard.

Last edited:
I'm with Troy on this one: I just want to see Connors loosing it and transforming into this raging beast, that will break some some stuff, destroy puny humans and beat the crap of Spidey, and then go back to his Connors form, waking up god knows where, without having any single memory of what happened when he was the Lizard or you can do it vice versa, so he would remember every single thing, murderer and horror, that he's done as the Lizard.

:up:

What exactly would have Sandman said as a giant sand monster though, without it looking...cheesy?

"SPIDER-MAAAN! I'LL FIND YOU AND CRUSH YOU!"

that's easy, sandman should only have been giant size for a single scene and then returned to normal size after he batters spidey.

I'm with Troy on this one: I just want to see Connors losing it and transforming into this raging beast, that will break some some stuff, destroy puny humans and beat the crap of Spidey, and then go back to his Connors form, waking up god knows where, without having any single memory of what happened when he was the Lizard or you can do it vice versa, so he would remember every single thing, murderer and horror, that he's caused as the Lizard.

naw, I don't agree.

stage 1 - human sized, super intelligent (this is where he performs his experiments)

stage 2 - large then human, losing intelligence (this is where he goes on a ramage)

stage 3 - hulking size - primal and beastly (this is the climax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"