Sequels The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Villains Thread! - Part 1

No fans of Shocker? When I was a kid growing up, my two favorite villains were Shocker and Hob Goblin. I don't know why, I just always enjoyed them the most for whatever reason. I understand Shocker isn't really a major villain deserving of his own movie, but I think it would be pretty awesome if they featured him getting caught by Spider-Man during an opening to one of the movies. Or something small along those lines.

Personally though, I want Mysterio.

Just thinking of all the fun you could have with Mysterio's tricks and use of great 3D for the film makes me giddy.

I want to see a villain that we haven't seen before in a Spider-Man movie. So I voted for Electro!

I want to see venom and carnage. That would be epic.

It'll prob be green goblin - which bums me out cause I want to see new villains. Spiderman has such a good villain rouge gallery that you don't have to recycle doc oc and gg.

M y s t e r I o , the vampire dude, kraven, shocker, electro, vulture. I don't care.

Didn't they want to do sinaster 6 with the rami films? Sinaster 6 would be cool.

Honestly, as far as films go, here's an interesting what-if scenario. You don't have to agree with it at all, but it might make sense from the standpoint of Sony, who wants to no doubt milk this franchise for all its worth with spin-offs, and for the fans, who want to see some awesome stuff.

TASM II - Mysterio and Vulture - A unique combination of villains. These are the type of characters who would offer very unique fights for Peter. The Vulture would require a lot of in-air fights, which would be stunning to watch, and really take advantage of Peter's fighting skills and intelligence. As for Mysterio, that's just a wonderful psychological battle, and a real interesting villain to show on screen.
TASM III - GG (hints of Venom) - The culmination of the previous films. More than that, though, it would be the best time to have the Death of Gwen Stacey arc, a lot of cool fights, etc. However, build up Venom for the spin-off they're making. For example, have Spidey's behavior ruin Eddie Brock's life, setting him into the depression that would turn him into Venom later on. Also, black suit?
Venom - Spidey is the villain, with foreshadowing of Carnage
TASM IV - The Jackal - A villain that would force Peter to face the consequences of his actions even more. You can have a mini-clone saga here, with the Jackal being driven into madness by the death of Gwen Stacey. Create the Scarlet Spider here, ready for his own adventures. If not, then do Kraven's Last Hunt.
TASM V - Electro and Doc Ock - Electro seems like a fan favorite, so why not have him appear here? Doc Ock shouldn't be attempted until other villains are introduced first, mainly because the Raimi films did him so well prior. Electro could be introduced as an assistant to Dock Ock, for a larger scheme of his...
Venom II - Carnage - Force Venom and Spidey to team up to stop Carnage. It would be a good way of introducing this character to the mythos, forcing Venom to begin developing into a better character.
TASM VI - Sinister Six consisting of Dock Ock, Electro, Mysterio, Vulture, the Lizard, and Carnage - A culmination of everything so far, forcing Spidey to work together with Venom (and Scarlet Spider) to even survive. Could be good, could be a huge mess, but if it works...

Let's say that the filmmakers did in fact decide to have Norman Osborn as the next villain and become the Green Goblin, what version of the character do you think we'll see? The original skinny glider-riding version, or the Ultimate beefed-up monster version?

Let's say that the filmmakers did in fact decide to have Norman Osborn as the next villain and become the Green Goblin, what version of the character do you think we'll see? The original skinny glider-riding version, or the Ultimate beefed-up monster version?
Original by far! However,I wouldn't be surprised if Osborn transformed into the classic look with some the USM version's power.He can conjur up and throw fireballs,right?

GG in the second and Kraven in 3rd ? :D Kraven would be tough.
I think that if it's not only inspired by the fan favorite classic Kraven's Last Hunt story but also interpreting Kraven's abilities as a sort of super soldier like Captain America or Emil Blonsky from The Incredible Hulk then it could work.

Let's say they go the route of the Goblin killing Gwen in the 2nd movie then Kraven comes to New York to collect the bounty Harry Osborn has placed on Spider-Man after the Rhino and other genetically altered Oscorp creations fail. I'm not a fan of the were-lion version of Kraven but I could see the already enhanced Kraven going to Oscorp to amplify his powers further.I'd limit his physical mutation to a moderate but noticable increase in size,speed and stength,sharper teeth,slightly more claw-like fingernails and more body hair namely around is shoulders in homage to the classic lion's name vest from the comics.

After Kraven buries Spider-Man alive,Peter is tempted to just give in and die but realises that even after losing Gwen,he has a life to live still and that there is a need for he and his powers to continue to clean up the city.Spider-Man climbs out from the coffin reborn in more ways than one,stops Kraven,tries to reconsile with Harry and meets Mary Jane at the end.

I read a write up on IGN and they mentioned Chamelon and that would be a good idea. Imagine him taking the form of Ben, Mary, Richard and Captain Stacy and screwing with Peter and Gwen's minds. I think it could be fun.

I hope they go with an evil villian though. I dont want one thats ambigious and forced to do bad bc of the circumstances or under some type of control. I want someone who is bad bc he's bad and doesnt really have much of a conscience about it

I read a write up on IGN and they mentioned Chamelon and that would be a good idea. Imagine him taking the form of Ben, Mary, Richard and Captain Stacy and screwing with Peter and Gwen's minds. I think it could be fun.

I hope they go with an evil villian though. I dont want one thats ambigious and forced to do bad bc of the circumstances or under some type of control. I want someone who is bad bc he's bad and doesnt really have much of a conscience about it[/QUOTEI think ]Electro,the Vulture,the Scorpion and Mysterio would make excellent candidates.

Personally though, I want Mysterio.

Just thinking of all the fun you could have with Mysterio's tricks and use of great 3D for the film makes me giddy.

I'm not a huge fan of Mysterio but in the right hands he could be a great choice. Also Chameleon.

It seems that the trend with both the new movie and movie tie-in game is that the villains are genetically altered creatures. If this is in fact the road the filmmakers are choosing to follow, I would bet we are going to see a more animalistic Green Goblin more akin to how he appeared in the Ultimate universe. Less costume - more hulking beast.

It seems that the trend with both the new movie and movie tie-in game is that the villains are genetically altered creatures. If this is in fact the road the filmmakers are choosing to follow, I would bet we are going to see a more animalistic Green Goblin more akin to how he appeared in the Ultimate universe. Less costume - more hulking beast.
to me that would be too similiar to having the Lizard.

No love for the Smythes huh? . So far we've had these characters who become villains because of an experiment gone awry. With Norman Osborn finding out that Spiderman was a successful experiment he should be interested in acquiring his DNA so he can prevent whatever is killing him. Osborn could hire the Smythes ( or just Allistair) to develop the spider-slayers in order to hunt down spiderman and bring him to Norman. The arial fight scenes between spiderman and a horde of spider slayers would be visually pleasing and we could have Allistair acquire Peter's genes and turn himself into the Ultimate Spider Slayer at the end of the film as a sort of guinea pig for Norman, a sort of Goblin precursor.

Norman outright hiring Smythe to create these destructive machines would be a terrible idea after the Lizard fiasco, assuming it was/is linked to OsCorp by the media in the film universe. Clandestinely, and perhaps managing to implicate one of OsCorp's rivals in hiring Smythe, would be a more sensible way for Norman to have the Spider Slayers created.

Here's a thought:

Max Dillon is the head of a team hired by Norman for some secret project. It just happens to involve working with power lines. Circuitry for some big project. A rival to OsCorp has some hired guns sabotage the project, creating Electro in the process.

Electro, as a survivor, could be a liability to Norman. So he hires Allistair Smythe to design bluprints for the Spider-Slayers. To prevent the Slayers from being traced back to OsCorp, he has the international spymaster, Chameleon, stealing resources from OsCorp's competitors to design the Spider-Slayers.

Meanwhile on Peter's side of things he might be trying to busy himself with a career to keep himself from breaking his promise to Captain Stacey. Suspecting OsCorp's involvement with his parent's disappearance, Peter persues a job with OsCorp and a side job as a freelance photographer.

In his mind, Peter would be in a position to investigate OsCorp while working his way up in the Daily Bugle. This way, he could expose OsCorp's possible illicit activities to the world. Of course, he would still be tempted to continue his relationship with Gwen.

Eddie Brock could be introduced as an idealistic photographer who is also interested in getting a position with the Daily Bugle. He and Peter might hit it off at first before they're thrust into competition with one another.

In the aftermath of the proto Spider-Slayers and Electro, Norman sees a chance to tighten his grip on the city by taking the underworld, which could be the plot for part 3.

Norman outright hiring Smythe to create these destructive machines would be a terrible idea after the Lizard fiasco, assuming it was/is linked to OsCorp by the media in the film universe. Clandestinely, and perhaps managing to implicate one of OsCorp's rivals in hiring Smythe, would be a more sensible way for Norman to have the Spider Slayers created.

Here's a thought:

Max Dillon is the head of a team hired by Norman for some secret project. It just happens to involve working with power lines. Circuitry for some big project. A rival to OsCorp has some hired guns sabotage the project, creating Electro in the process.

Electro, as a survivor, could be a liability to Norman. So he hires Allistair Smythe to design bluprints for the Spider-Slayers. To prevent the Slayers from being traced back to OsCorp, he has the international spymaster, Chameleon, stealing resources from OsCorp's competitors to design the Spider-Slayers.

Meanwhile on Peter's side of things he might be trying to busy himself with a career to keep himself from breaking his promise to Captain Stacey. Suspecting OsCorp's involvement with his parent's disappearance, Peter persues a job with OsCorp and a side job as a freelance photographer.

In his mind, Peter would be in a position to investigate OsCorp while working his way up in the Daily Bugle. This way, he could expose OsCorp's possible illicit activities to the world. Of course, he would still be tempted to continue his relationship with Gwen.

Eddie Brock could be introduced as an idealistic photographer who is also interested in getting a position with the Daily Bugle. He and Peter might hit it off at first before they're thrust into competition with one another.

In the aftermath of the proto Spider-Slayers and Electro, Norman sees a chance to tighten his grip on the city by taking the underworld, which could be the plot for part 3.

I like this idea!

Since Dr.Ratha was gonna take the Lizard serum to give it to other amputees,but because of the side effect of turning into a monster,it is scrapped.So instead Dr.Ratha gives a amputee new limbs with robotics instead of using genetics.

Smythe can be the one who gives a soldier who has lost both of his arms and both of his legs new ones.The soldier could be a russian soldier named Kraven.This can be a new updated version of Kraven.

Dr.Ratha could be the Chameleon,and we see why he is pushing for amputees to get their limbs back,because Kraven is his brother.

Last edited:
Here's my idea for Amazing 2:

One of the villians: Michael Morbius- the vampire

the spidy reboot seems aimed towards the teenage crowd, and nothing is more teenage than vampires

have something were Morbius only fights at night, so Parker has to stay up 24/7- gets no sleep- and has no one to tell why he's so tired all the time. that could be a good theme

and they want to have GG, so have at it.

Here's a thought:

i like the eddie brock part alot

MY TASM VILLAIN CHOICES

Before I get to the big idea, I want you all to remember that in recent interviews with Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad, they have stated that they want to make more Spidey films, not just a trilogy, even if that means they have to bring in new actors at times. I feel that Andrew will stay for awhile because the guy loves Spidey so why not!

So here we go!

2nd Film: The Spectacular Spider-Man (TASM II)
Electro and The Vulture (Shocker as very minor villain and Kingpin as the big crime boss. Yes, Avi Arad
confirmed that the Kingpin belongs to Spidey. Awesome! And this is if the Goblin is not the villain in the next movie. But it's likely he is.)

Electro:
Max Dillon was working on a malfunctioning reactor in one of OsCorp's labs when suddenly it had exploded, sending millions of volts into Max's body. Max was badly damaged and was not going to make it. But, the ill CEO of OsCorp heard about the inncident and told the other scientists to use the second draft of the super formula, OZ. The formula caused the electricity to bond to Max's genetic codes, making him living electricity.

But the electricity was too much. So they planted rods into his arms and neck (like Frakenstein) so they can control the flow of his electricty.

The Vulture:
Adrian Toomes is the brains behind the tech that the Kingpin's thugs use. The Kingpin buys some of OsCorp's flight tech and gives it to Adrian to use against Spider-Man. Adrian adds razor blades to the wings and develops miniature bombs for distractions.

Electro and Vulture work under the Kingpin and Norman in the film, but they end up failing them and getting put into Rykers Prison. Which leads to the 3rd film!

**Peter finds out more about his parent's work.**
**Reference to the Black Cat.**
**Many characters are introduced:
-Harry Osborn
-Mary Jane Watson
-The Daily Bugle
-Felica Hardy

3rd Film: Web Of Spider-Man (TASM III)
The Green Goblin (The Chameleon as minor villain)

The Green Goblin:

Norman Osborn, the CEO of OsCorp, has been sick for five years now. His illness is unknown and it's also unknown why it's killing him. Two years ago, he sent Dr. Ratha to go and retrieve the formula from Dr. Connors. But the side effect of the serum was turning into a giant lizard. So, he gathered Dr. Mendel Stromm, Dr. Otto Octavious, Dr. Michael Morbius, and Dr. Miles Warren to re-invent the formula. They are successful! Well, sort of. The only side effect is insanity, but there's also another side effect that's not discovered until it's too late.

As Osborn tests the serum on himself and it actually cures him, but changes him completely. His skin starts to turn green, his teeth begin to sharpen, his ears become pointy, and his eyes become yellow. He's turn into a real goblin! (Not the Hulk-Goblin from USM. This version is a mix of the classic and Ultimate, where he transforms, but he's still at normal height and has a moderized classic costume. He's able to switch between forms by force.)

Osborn tortures Peter by hurting his family and friends and killing his one true love, Gwen Stacy. Peter is torn.

Chameleon:
The Chameleon is a spy who uses disquises to blend in with everyone else. Osborn hires the Chameleon to frame Spider-Man so that he has time to work out his plan to torture Peter.

**The mystery of Peter's parents is revelead.**
**Peter learns about one of his father's projects, THE SUIT. Which leads him to Eddie Brock.**

4th Film: The Sensational Spider-Man (TASM IV)
Mysterio

Mysterio:
After causing an accidental explosion during the filming of a movie, Quentin Beck was fired from his job as SFX designer. He wanted revenge on those who doubted him. He uses his special effects and explosives to become a villain based off of illusions, Mysterio. He wears a helmet that blows smoke from the neck peice. He wears a purple trenchcoat and has gas seaping from his sleeves.

Mysterio uses his illusions to torture Spider-Man with horrible memories and thoughts with a special halluciagon.

**Peter wears the black suit and becomes angrier and angrier as the film goes on.**
**Mary Jane is the love interest.**

5th Film: The Astonishing Spider-Man (TASM V)
Venom (Harry as the Green Goblin II for a very short time)

Venom:
Eddie Brock is one of the photographers at the Daily Bugle. Peter and him had no connection until he discovered THE SUIT. Peter explains to Eddie that his father worked with his. After Eddie had been called a fraud by Spider-Man after he caught the imposter, Eddie felt that he had nothing to live for. But before he commited suicide, the suit had found him and bonded to him. It was an abomination! It was mixed with Peter's powers, his memories, and Eddie's rage. They created, Venom!

Harry Osborn:
After his father and Gwen's death, Harry fell into a drug addiction. He was blamed Spidey for their deaths. One night, while hallucinating from the drugs, he dons the Goblin costume and attacks Peter in mid day light. Peter takes him down quickly and puts him into a mental facility.

The Final Film: Ultimate Spider-Man (TASM VI)
The Sinister Six (Doc Ock, Electro, Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio, The Green Goblin II)

The villians group begins after Dr. Octavious awakes from a two year comma. He is enraged by his robotic arms being fused into him by an explosion at OsCorp due to the Goblin. He gathers the villains up, but they're missing one man that knows almost everything about Peter, Harry Osborn. They brake into the mental facility and take Harry. They give him the formula and he truly becomes the Goblin!

**Peter and MJ get engaged.**

IT'S THE EPIC FINALE!!!

VILLAINS CAST:

Electro-Zachary Quinto

The Vulture-Ben Foster

Norman Osborn/The Green Goblin-Kevin Bacon

Harry Osborn/The Green Goblin II-Alex Russell

The Chameleon-Crispin Glover

Mysterio-Jackie Earle Haley (Voice)

Venom-Liam Hemsworth or Alexander Skarsgard

Doc Ock-Stellan Skarsgard

Shocker-Tom Hardy

Felica Hardy/The Black Cat-Laura Vandervoort

Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin-Clancy Brown

I'd want for ASM2 to have Mysterio and ASM3 to have Green Goblin

My ideas for all the films i hope this series will have

TASM 2; Vulture and Mystery credit scene dude
Peter and Gwen are dating actively in the film. Peter starts developing a more closer friendship with Flash.

Vulture is the side-villain who is a rival to Oscorp however he developed a perfected formula to heal himself however he needs stuff from Oscorp to perfect it he steals Norman`s flight tech and some vials from Connors old lab. The Mystery credit scene dude is sent by Norman to kill Vulture.

Spider-man now needs to stop the Mystery credit scene dude from killing Vulture while also stopping the Vulture who may have stolen information about Peter`s parents.

Vulture and the Mystery Credit scene dude are imprisoned

Credit Scene - Norman takes the syrum.

TASM 3; Green Goblin

Peter visits Connors discovering that Norman is the one who ordered the murder of his parents. Norman cures himself using a formula perfected by Vulture. Peter confronts Norman about his parents and Norman threatens him. Norman realising Peter is a lose end kidnaps Gwen and threatens to kill her unless Peter turns himself in.

Gwen is killed by Spider-man accidentally when he tries to catch her with webbing. Norman is spared by Peter however Norman kills himself by activating a pumkin bomb to try to blow up Peter.

Harry Osborn inherits Oscorp, shown by a daily bugle newspaper title. Peter accepts that his responsibility as Spider-man must remain and the film ends with him holding his Spider-man mask sitting at Gwens grave.

TASM 4; Doc Ock

Harry Osborn is introduced along with MJ. Peter and Harry dont get on however they develop a slight closeness during the course of the film. Doc Ock is introduced by Dr. Connors who is now out of prison and is Peter`s father figure.

Doc Ock and Connors work together on a alien rock fragment that fell to earth (Early Venom symbiote)

Doc Ock steals to fund the project and becomes a villain.

Peter is shown visiting Gwens grave asking for guideance on how he should live his life.

Film ends with Connors being arrested for being an acomplice to Doc ocks work and both of them being imprisoned.

TASM 5; Electro and Scorpion
MJ and Peter are shown to be getting close during the film they start dating. Harry is now Peters friend. Gwen is refrenced often by Peter. Scorpion stole Doc Ocks equipment and uses it to steal money while Electro is a bi-product of an attack on a nuclear plant by Scorpion, in which he holds them hostage and Electro is accidentally transformed in an explosion where he is contaminated.

Scorpion leaves after Electro is defeated (exploding in Electricity presumed dead)

The End credit scene shows the Venom Symbiote taking over Scorpion.

TASM 6; Sinister six (Venom, Electro, Vulture, Lizard, Doc Ock, Mystery Credit Scene Dude)
Scorpion, now Venom attacks Peter directly at a party however the two are evenly matched and Venom retreats finding Electro. Harry who observes the fight tells Spider-mans identity to the daily bugle who release his identity and their are mixed opinions by over people overheard throught the film.

Venom and Electro break Lizard, Doc Ock, Vulture and The mystery credit scene dude out of prison and the six of them decide to attack Peter.Peter fearing for MJ`s safety sends her out the city after reading of the prison breakout.

The sinister six attack Peter at his house however and capture Aunt May using her to lure Peter into battle. Peter fights them managing to get The Lizard on his side by forgiving Connors for his involvement in his parents deaths. Vulture is shot down by Electro accidentally. The Mystery Credit Scene dude retreats after Vulture is taken down.

Electro is taken out by Spider-man who causes his power stablizer to explode. Harry distracts Doc Ock allowing The Lizard to severe the link to Ock`s tentacles rendering Ock useless. Connors and Peter fight Venom aided by MJ who returns from the city to help hearing what has happened to Spider-man on the news, however Venom kills Aunt May.

Peter fights Venom gaining the upper hand. The Venom symbiote is killed in an explosion while trying to leave Scorpion.

The Mystery credit scene dude flees. Doc Ock - whose tentacles are removed, is imprisoned, and Vulture hands himself in. Connors becomes Peter`s gaurdian. Electro is Dead along with Venom. Harry and Peter make ammends and MJ and Peter accept that life will never be normal for them and that life as Spider-man will always be filled with dangers. Peter is shown remembering those who died; Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy, Gwen Stacy and Aunt May.

Last edited:
ASM2 - Quentin Beck/Mysterio - Former failed actor/magician/entertainer turned criminal.

Movie opens with Beck using his standard magic and deception to rob a bank, before his plan is spoiled by Spiderman. He goes to prison, sees the fame Spiderman receives, becomes jealous and obsessed. While in prison, he gets into voodoo and the dark arts, learning "real magic."

Meanwhile, Oscorp uses Dr. Connors' formula to move onto a cure for cancer (Norman's terminal illness). The first formula helps Osborn some, but leaves him with skin legions and minor deformities (think Dr. Connors' skin issues in ASM). They enhance the forumla use test subjects from an asylum from for their human testing trials, including Quentin Beck and a deranged serial killer named Cletus Cassidy. This new "formula" is much more than they bargained for and kills the first subjects it's tested on. However, one of the scientists running the experiments grows a fond spot for Beck, due to their similar beliefs in the occult (think Red Skull, magic vs science) and helps him escape so he won't suffer the same fate as the rest of the subjects. These two leave and begin to plot against Spiderman.

After their adventures and ultimate defeat, we pan back to Oscorp where they begin their testing on Cassidy, the last remaining test subject. Cassidy not only survives, but embraces this new formula, or symbiote as it has grown to become.... hence the creation of Carnage.

In a final scene, we see Norman Osborn deformed and angry from the failed attempt at his cure, growing more and more insane. He breaks into the weapons research wing of Oscorp and steals the Green Goblin equipment we all know and love.

ASM3 - Carnage/Cletus Cassidy, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn

Carnage is the primary villain, Green Goblin's character continues to grow and develop until he hits full goblin insanity around the midpoint of the movie. Spiderman defeats Carnage, but Green Goblin actually gives him the final blow, seeing him as an uncontrollable loose end.

Goblin discovers Parker's true identity, infamous Gwen Stacy death around the climax of the picture (leave it completely open to interpretation, you never truly know how she dies or who's responsible), Goblin dies similarly to the comic ending, but not exactly the same, as to avoid the Raimi picture.

In the final sequence, we see Peter, at peace, but still struggling to cope with Gwen being gone, when his newfound friend Mary Jane shows up. They embrace in a hug to console each other with their friend's death.... fade to black. Fade in to the typical "I'm Spiderman" swinging scene. End.

That's basically my idea. no details filled yet, but you get the broad stroke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"