Sequels The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Villains Thread! - Part 1

Also, it's kind of hard to capture a comic book in a movie or movie series. I think they should stop attempting them, and start making tv series' of them. And not like the cartoons, a show that's a little more adult so they can capture the full dialouge and meanings. Because if you look carefully at the old x-men cartoon they never said kill. It was always destroyed or ended. Please, give me your thoughts!

With the talked about Easter Egg after the Closing Credits resulting in [blackout]the reveal of the Green Goblin,[/blackout] could there still be a possibility of him NOT actually appearing in the sequel but merely a tease for TASM3? It's just that I'd rather see other villains before him. I'm game for Rhino and Shocker being secondary villains that Spidey just puts away but doesn't need to be central villains. TSSM handled that perfectly. Can probably have Flinto Marko and O'Hirn become guinea pigs for Osborn's experiments and nothing more.

I'd like to see Adrian Toomes and Vulture too. Too many villains to choose. :p

And I've been thinking lately whether Matthew Fox could probably make a decent Electro. Hmmm....

Last edited:
Electro or Vulture.I would love to see Scorpion too, but don't we need to set up JJ Jameson as a character before we introduce Gargen?

I think I can say right now that:

-Electro
-The Green Goblin
-The Vulture
-Mysterio
-Maybe Venom

are the top choices for sequels.

I really don't want to see any of the villains featured in the Raimi films in the Webb films. When there are so many Spidey villains that still have not been featured on screen yet.

I really don't want to see any of the villains featured in the Raimi films in the Webb films. When there are so many Spidey villains that still have not been featured on screen yet.
I give Green Goblin a free pass cuz he has got to kill Gwen.

I want to see Electro as the next villain and possibly setting up Green Goblin for ASM3. And for some reason I'd like to see Doc Ock too. While I liked Alfred Molina as Octavius in SM2, I like many others hated how he was a more sympathetic villain compared to how he's meant to be portrayed in the Comics. But that's been talked about to death.

I guess Doc Ock won't be responsible for Capt. Stacy's death in this trilogy, but I'll live with it.

GG in the second and Kraven in 3rd ? :D Kraven would be tough.

I'm not a huge Kraven fan...Kraven's Last Hunt was awesome though. I just don't think he would be a good villain on screen. I feel the same about Vulture and Rhino. Just don't seem cinematic to me.

I'd much rather see Mysterio, Shocker, Electro, Scorpion, Hob Gob and of course GG again.

INTERVIEW WITH AVI MATT ABOUT THE SINISTER SIX POSSIBLY SHOWING UP IN THE NEW FILMS! ALSO, SONY OWNS THE RIGHTS TO THE KINGPIN! SPIDEY VS THE KINPIN POSSIBLY!

Do you feel like you need to stay away from some of the villains that have appeared in the Sam Raimi movies? Or can you redefine them within the context of this new Spider-Man?

Arad: Well, not really. There are so many ways to paint these villains, all of them. As you know, one of the great sagas in the Spider-Man universe is of course the Sinister Six. I think "Avengers" did okay the last time I looked.

Tolmach: It's going to be okay.

Arad: Yeah, it will survive.

So are you suggesting you're going to do five Spider-Man movies introducing each villain and then the sixth movie will have the Sinister Six?

Tolmach: It seems like a good model.

Arad: It all depends on the stories that one wants to tell, because Spider-Man is really more a depth kind of a story, we have to be careful how many villains we can service, because a relationship with a villain has to be such that it's a story on his own. We attempted to do multiple villains--you've been there--you just need screen time to do it.

Does Sony have the rights to Kingpin? That was a great Spider-Man villain until Frank Miller took him for his run on Daredevil and he became known more as a Daredevil villain, appearing in that movie.

Arad: Believe it or not, Kingpin was on loan to Daredevil, so again, anything that is part of the Spider-Man Universe or introduced in the Spider-Man Universe--without getting too legal beagle here--is an opportunity, and if we have a story that Kingpin is important, I'm sure we can handle that.

GET EXCITED!!!! :woot::woot::woot:

INTERVIEW WITH AVI MATT ABOUT THE SINISTER SIX POSSIBLY SHOWING UP IN THE NEW FILMS! ALSO, SONY OWNS THE RIGHTS TO THE KINGPIN! SPIDEY VS THE KINPIN POSSIBLY!

Do you feel like you need to stay away from some of the villains that have appeared in the Sam Raimi movies? Or can you redefine them within the context of this new Spider-Man?

Arad: Well, not really. There are so many ways to paint these villains, all of them. As you know, one of the great sagas in the Spider-Man universe is of course the Sinister Six. I think "Avengers" did okay the last time I looked.

Tolmach: It's going to be okay.

Arad: Yeah, it will survive.

So are you suggesting you're going to do five Spider-Man movies introducing each villain and then the sixth movie will have the Sinister Six?

Tolmach: It seems like a good model.

Arad: It all depends on the stories that one wants to tell, because Spider-Man is really more a depth kind of a story, we have to be careful how many villains we can service, because a relationship with a villain has to be such that it's a story on his own. We attempted to do multiple villains--you've been there--you just need screen time to do it.

Does Sony have the rights to Kingpin? That was a great Spider-Man villain until Frank Miller took him for his run on Daredevil and he became known more as a Daredevil villain, appearing in that movie.

Arad: Believe it or not, Kingpin was on loan to Daredevil, so again, anything that is part of the Spider-Man Universe or introduced in the Spider-Man Universe--without getting too legal beagle here--is an opportunity, and if we have a story that Kingpin is important, I'm sure we can handle that.

GET EXCITED!!!! :woot::woot::woot:
link?

I'm now starting to like the idea of having Vulture and Electro being the next villains for the sequel both having a vendetta against Norman Osborn. Max Dillon could suffer his electric shock while working as a Contractor to Oscorp while Adrian Toomes accuses Osborn of stealing his Flight Tech - something which could prove invaluable to the Green Goblin cause. Perhaps Spidey protects Osborn from the two of them while not knowing at all what Osborn's true intentions really are.

Also would prove a good opportunity for Peter Parker to get a job at the Bugle as it's said in the early comics that Peter will try to convince Jameson that he can get a photo of the Vulture as it wasn't known what he'd looked like. Plus Electro's earliest thefts was stealing a safe or something from Jameson hence him automatically accusing Spider-Man of the crime. Would be an ideal way to introduce Jameson in that respect.

Last edited:
TASM 2: Green Goblin

-Since two characters are dead and one villain is defeated in the first movie,that gives us two characters to add and a third who will be the villain without over crowding the movie.

JJJ can replace Captain Stacy,and Harry Osborn can replace Uncle Ben's character while Norman Osborn is the Green Goblin as the villain.

-Have Green Goblin kill Gwen.

-Show Kingpin in a small minor role like how Dr.Ratha had in the first movie,and show him getting tired of spider-man ruining his business,and the Kingpin wants him dead.

-Show how Norman Osborn was gonna make Kingpin some super villains,but he never gets the chance,because he gets killed.

-Show Kingpin at the end of the movie talking to Harry about Norman's original plans too create super villains too kill spider-man.Now Harry and Kingpin want the same thing.

TASP 3: R.H.I.N.O. / Morbius

-Gwen is killed in TASP 2,so that opens a spot for MJ too show up without over crowding the movie.

-Kingpin will still have a small part like Dr. Ratha did in TASM.

-Have Harry seek revenge by creating super villains for Kingpin.

-Harry uses Oscorp tech to create his first super villain,the R.H.I.N.O. A dwarf/little person(Peter Dinklage,from Game of Thrones)who uses a robotic suit like Iron Monger.

-R.H.I.N.O. will just be a minor villain that spider-man defeats right away.

-Once R.H.I.N.O. is defeated,Harry uses gene splicing instead of Oscorp tech to create the next super villain.

-The next villain that Harry creates will be the main villain of the movie.

-The villain could be anybody like Morbius (a blind guy that he injects bat DNA into,where the guy can see by sonar like how Daredevil sees,but it also makes him into a vampire).

-It could be the same serum Dr.Connors had,but instead of Lizard DNA,it's Bat DNA.Oscorp decided to make the serum into a weapon.

-At the end of the movie Harry is either killed by his own creation or goes to jail for committing crimes.

-Kingpin goes to jail to for committing crimes.

TASM 4: Mysterio/Kraven/Chameleon

-With Harry out of the movie,Kraven would play that role that's open.

-With the Kingpin out of the movie we could have Chameleon play a small part like Dr.Ratha did in the first movie.

-Mysterio would be the main villain who is a host to a twisted gameshow,where the gameshow pops up on tv from all different times.

-Chameleon wears masks to frame people when he commits crimes,so they can have them as contestants for their game.

-Kraven is the one who hunts them down where he ends up killing them.

-The gameshow looks like a good thing to the people of NY,because they are killing arsonists,rapists,cop killers,etc,but there actually killing innocent people.

-When spidey messes up their gameshow one time,(Kraven gets a beat down)the Chameleon frames spidey for a crime so they can have him as a contestant.

-Kraven is given a super soldier serum so he can have a better chance to go up against spidey again.

Crazy idea, but what if this is how it's handled? Green Goblin is the villain, but Peter's research on his parents leads him to Eddie Brock. He finds out about the symbiote (have it have USM origins). Spiderman uses the suit to fight GG. The Gwen death scene happens, and this is what leads Spidey to taking off the suit. Symbiote doesn't find Eddie and is saved for 3.

I want Electro and Vulture as the next villains, constructed by Norman Osborn. He'd be behind the scenes boss. The two are some of Kingpin's thugs.

He turns Max Dillon into living electricity and gives Adrian Toomes OsCorp's flight tech suit with razor wings and miniature bombs.

After they have failed at the end of the 2nd movie, Osborn is furious and finally takes the serum to cure himself and become, THE GREEN GOBLIN!

And so, in the third film it would be the Goblin as the villain.

Osborn tortures Peter physically and mentally and pushes Peter over the edge by taking away his true love, Gwen Stacy! Spidey and Goblin fight and the Goblin is killed by his own glider, etc. you get it.

Last edited:
Mysterio or Electro.

Save Goblin till the third film.

Could rework the Electro origin like they did with the MTV cartoon, where Max is Peter's friend, and has a part in turning him into the villain.

I'd say Electro and Vulture.

Introduce Harry , Norman , Mj , JJJ and Brock

I wouldn't mind Electro as the main Baddie for the next one and the intro of Osbournes and MJ and The Bugle It'd be cool to see Eddie to but i think the film would get to crowded

The Amazing Spiderman 2
(Runnig time 2hrs 15mins)

Main Cast:
Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker
Sally Fields as Aunt May
Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy
Rhys Ifans as Dr. Conners

New Cast:
Kevin Bacon as Norman Osborn
Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn
Amanda Seyfried as Mary Jane Watson
Robert Englund as Adrian Toomes/Vulture
Zachary Quinto as Max Dillon/Electro

Plot Outline:
Adrain Toomes was just fired from Oscorp and wants to get revenge on Norman Osborn and Max Dillon is working there too and has an accident turning him into Electro(Main Villain) and tries to find a cure by the help of Dr. Conners. Similar to the spectacular spiderman.

Sub Plot:
Prom is coming up and after the event from the first film (since George Stacy died which lead to Gwen and Peter have to break up). Gwen is going with Midtown High newbie Harry Osborn as friends and Peter has no date. So Aunt May tries to get him to go with her friends niece Mary Jane. But Peter doesn't want to cause he likes Gwen. We don’t meet Mary Jane till the last 45 mins of the film after Peter has defeated vulture and electro and when Peter is going to prom alone. The door bell rings and he opens to find out the Aunt May had set him up with Mary Jane and she says her famous catchphrase. during prom Gwen gets jealous and Mary jane notices that there is some history between Gwen and Peter. So she tells Peter that they should be just friend and that leds to Peter and Gwen making up. It cuts to black

End Credits:
Peter, Harry, Gwen and Mary Jane are at Midtown High talking about how graduation is coming up next week. Then cuts to Norman testing the goblin formula on himself.

The Amazing Spiderman 3
(almost 3hrs but worth it around 2hrs and 45mins )

Main Cast:
Sally Fields as Aunt May
Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy
Kevin Bacon as Norman Osborn /Green Goblin
Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn

New Cast:
Hugh Laurie as J. Jonah Jameson
Zooey Deschanel as Betty Brant
Danny Glover as Robbie Robertson

Plot Outline:
The movie starts with Spiderman fighting shocker and is running late to graduation. Peter gets there just and in time. Peter has gotten a job at the Daily Bugle. The Green Goblin has been terrorizing the city and Peter is trying to figure out who he but the green goblin has figure out who spiderman is and kidnaps Gwen which leads to her death at the Brooklyn bridge. As Peter is with Gwen the goblin flys away but Peter plants him a spider tracer which leds him to the Osborns place. Finding the goblin starts to beat him but the goblin takes off his mask and its reveal to be Harry.just like the spectacular spiderman.(Which most people have not seen which would be cool for the GA who has not seen the cartoon they will all be like WTFf). Harry finding out that he was the goblin and that he kill Gwen goes to mental hospital. Peter is mad but learns that Harry had been on a drug called the goblium green and that he didn’t mean to kill Gwen forgives him but stops being spiderman for a month (this happens in the first hour and half). The Green Goblin returns so Spiderman returns as well. Peter also goes to check on Harry and learns that he has escaped. So he goes to the Osborn because he think that harry is back as the goblin and that Norman made the whole drug thing up to protect his son. So when he gets there he finds Harry and Norman and starts to argue with them just as the goblin attack them. So like in the spectacular spdierman seeing that neither Harry or Norman was the goblin Spiderman goes after him and so does Harry and Norman because Harry wants to know who killed Gwen. We then learn that Norman was the goblin all long and had framed his son and gotten russian spy known as the chamelon to be him while he was the goblin. Peter enraged by causes Norman to fall in one of his traps and Norman dies but the people New York don’t know he is the Green goblin. Harry leaves goes back to mental hospital cause he cant take all of this. MJ learns peter secret and counsels him. All of this takes place during the last hour and 15 mins of the movie.

End Credits:
Norman is see at the airport just like in spectacular spiderman.

The Amazing Spiderman 4
(2hrs 8mins)

Main Cast:
Sally Fields as Aunt May
Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy
Hugh Laurie as J. Jonah Jameson
Zooey Deschanel as Betty Brant
Danny Glover as Robbie Robertson

New Cast:
Jaime Bell as Eddie Brock

Plot Outline:
The movie starts 5 month after the events of the 3rd. The main villain will be Mysterio who plays mind trick with Spiderman by bringing Gwen back and some more illusions. Peter turns in to the Black Spiderman and with Mysterio playing mind tricks he get mad at him and starts to turn evil but realizes it and gets rid of the suit. Also by the end of the movie Peter and MJ start to date.

Sub Plot:
John Jameson has just gotten back from a space mission and brought back the symbiote. Peter’s childhood friend had gotten work at the Daily Bugle a few weeks ago and he and Peter have been having problems for the lead position. At the end of the movie spiderman gets rid of the suit and Brock gets it.

The Amazing Spiderman 5
(2hrs 34mins)
Main Cast:
Sally Fields as Aunt May
Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy
Alex Pettyfer as Eddie Brock

Plot Outline:
Venom vs Spiderman and the end of the film Norman comes backs to New York, revealing that he didn’t really die. It would end like this, because I just feel that its a good way to end by having spiderman defeat his toughest enemy (venom)and then his arch nemesis comes back.

I wouldn't mind Electro as the main Baddie for the next one and the intro of Osbournes and MJ and The Bugle It'd be cool to see Eddie to but i think the film would get to crowded

I think it would be good foreshadowing to have Brock and MJ in small roles or cameos. I'd have Harry and Norman as central characters.

Wow, from the recent interviews with Avi and Matt about the sequels, it sounds like they actually might make more than 3 films! Well, they really want to.

I think Vulture and Electro would work well and then GG in the 3rd. Timothy Olyphant for Electro? Viggo Mortenson for Osborn anyone?

Shocker and Rhino would be great minor villains for some opening action scenes, ala USM. Hammerhead and the Enforcers as bank robbers maybe..

It could be interesting to have someone like Silvermane or Smythe pop up, even if only as villains in the background, pulling the strings of something else. But it also seems this could be Osborns role.

Scorpion may be a little too similar to Lizard with the tail and all but I've always wanted to see him so they could perhaps set up JJJ early on and have Scorpion in the 4th (Woody Harrelson?) and perhaps Doc Ock in the 5th and if they introduce guys like Rhino and Shocker as minor villains and also utilise Electro along the way they will have a good team set up for the Sinister Six.. perhaps with a returning Lizard too..

Last edited:
That would be cool to have the Lizard again. I could see Connors sitting in his asylum cell and suddenly Doc Ock and the others bust in with the lizard formula put to its maximum level! He tries to scurry, but Ock grabs him and injects it into him. Then the Lizard persona comes back and you know whay that means!

But if they use the Vulture, there's no need for the Lizard again.

From what I'm reading, Electro seems to be the popular mutual vote for a villain, myself included. If Dillion is the next villain it would give time for Norman Osbourn to build charecter before turning into the Green Goblin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"