• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Villains Thread! - Part 1

I'd like to see Mac Gargan's Scorpion with a similar introduction into the series as it was in the comics..

I think he has potential to be an adversary close to SM2's doc ock.. an enemy that can match most if not all of what spider-man can do and give a real sense of spider-man being in danger.

As much as I would love to see Scorpion on the big screen, I think he has the same qualities as the Lizard.

And why do you say that?

And even if his qualities somewhat match lizard's in a fight, Scorpion is still a totally different and really interesting character if you do him right

Scorpion would definitely be awesome, but I want one of these movies to have an epic Green Goblin story, so I don't know if Scorpion would fit anywhere

Well, they could always develop the Goblin story, leading it up in the third movie. And while they are building that story up, we can have villains like Electro or Scorpion.

Yeah, I want Goblin to be a slow-burn and gradual turn from Osborn showing up slowly leading towards an epic Goblin story, due to that want you can have that in the background of a sequel, and would make scorpion a great big bad for one movie til we get GG.

I think Webb can adapt scorpion to make him unique and different from lizard, while being just as, if not more dangerous. I don't need to see him completely mutate into a humanoid-scorpion creature if that happened it would feel like a lizard retread with a scorpion in lizards place. I think there is room to make it interesting though.

Last edited:
I want to see either Scorpion or Electro for the sequel.

And Vulture too!

My idea is:

-Beginning of 2nd movie Spidey fights Shocker in the first battle. Shocker is attacking a major corporate building entitled "Fisk inc." He webs him up and takes his gauntlets to study. The gauntlets were created by Norman Osbourne, an arms dealer to the U.S. military. Oscorp specializes in creating cutting edge weaponry for the military. Looking in the lab you'd see the glimpses of the glider and various weaponry that the Green Goblin would use. He wants to put the only other arms dealer, Fisk Inc, out of business.

-Max Dillon, hired by Norman, goes to "Fisk Inc." after hours to finish what The Shocker started. Wilson Fisk catches Max in the act and attacks him. during the fight something goes awry and Max turns into Electro, Fisk flees.

-Norman believes he can one up the Fisk corporation by designing a new super soldier formula using Spider-Mans DNA. He hires Electro to take a sample of Spider-Mans blood. Electro and Spiderman fight, Electro knocks Spider-Man out and takes a sample of his blood.

-Norman gives the sample to Dr. Otto Octavious (Heard about but not seen). Doc Ock makes whatever Norman asks in exchange for funding for his research. He gets to work on the formula instantly.

-Spidey finds out the gauntlets were made by Oscorp and goes to confront Norman. Norman reveals his plan about wanting to destroy Fisk Inc and to make a super soldier formula from Spiderman's blood. Electro enters and the two battle inside Oscorp. Norman see's that Electro is on the verge of defeat, he rushes down to the laboratory. Electro is defeated, Spidey goes after Norman. Realizing Spiderman will take the formula and he will be arrested Norman takes the formula. The entrance of the lab explodes as Norman flies by Spider-Man on the glider cackling.

-Movie ends with Norman on the loose. Fisk standing in his newly rebuilt laboratory, on computer screens we see silhouettes of RHINO and the Scorpion. Fisk intends to use them to destroy Oscorp.

So basically my idea uses/sets up a crap ton of villains in a way that I think would work.
You'd have Shocker (cameo), Electro, Kingpin, Doc Ock (introduced), Green Goblin, Rhino, and Scorpion. In the third movie Rhino would be a cameo like Shocker in the beginning fight, Goblin would be the main villain and Scorpion a secondary villain.

Yes, but no. Yes because it's a real good idea to introduce villains early so they are built up. No because Wilson Fisk is owned by 20th Century FOX so you would have to use either Hammerhead or Tombstone. I would go with Tombstone. But great idea overall! :woot:

Yes, but no. Yes because it's a real good idea to introduce villains early so they are built up. No because Wilson Fisk is owned by 20th Century FOX so you would have to use either Hammerhead or Tombstone. I would go with Tombstone. But great idea overall! :woot:
Oh I completely forgot about that, haha. Maybe have Doc Ock run the rival company?

The Amazing Spiderman 2
(runnig time 2hrs 15mins)

Main Cast:
Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker
Sally Fields as Aunt May
Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy
Rhys Ifans as Dr. Conners

New Cast:
Kevin Bacon as Norman Osborn
Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn
Amanda Seyfried as Mary Jane Watson
Robert Englund as Adrian Toomes/Vulture
Zachary Quinto as Max Dillon/Electro

Plot Outline:
Adrain Toomes was just fired from Oscorp and wants to get revenge on Norman Osborn and Max Dillon is working there two and has an accident turning him into Electro(Main Villain) and tries to find a cure by the help of Dr. Conners. Similar to the spectacular spiderman.

Sub Plot:
Prom is coming up and after the event from the first film (assuming that George Stacy died which lead to Gwen and Peter have breaking up). Since Gwen is going with Midtown High newbie Harry Osborn as friends and Peter has no date. So Aunt May tries to get him to go with her friends neice Mary Jane. But Peter dosen’t want to cause he likes Gwen. We don’t meet Mary Jane til the last 45 mins of the film after Peter has defeated vulture and electro and when Peter is going to prom alone. The door bell rings and he opens to find out the Aunt May had set him up with Mary Jane and she says her famous catchphrase. during prom gwen gets jealous and Mary jane notices that there is some history between Gwen and Peter. So she tells Peter that they should be just friend and that leds to Peter and Gwen making up. It cuts to black

End Credits:
Peter, Harry, Gwen and Mary Jane are at Midtown High talking about how graduation is coming up next weeks. Then cuts to Norman testing the goblin formula on himself.

The Amazing Spiderman 3
(almost 3hrs but worth it around 2hrs and 45mins )

Main Cast:
Sally Fields as Aunt May
Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy
Kevin Bacon as Norman Osborn /Green Goblin
Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn

New Cast:
Hugh Laurie as J. Jonah Jameson
Zooey Deschanel as Betty Brant
Danny Glover as Robbie Robertson

Plot Outline:
The movie starts with Spiderman fighting Shocker and is running late to graduation. Peter gets there just and in time. Peter has gotten a job at the Daily Bugle. The Green Goblin has been terrorizing the city and Peter is trying to figure out who he but the green goblin has figure out who spiderman is and kidnaps Gwen which leads to her death at the Brooklyn bridge. As Peter is with Gwen the goblin flys away but Peter plants him a spider tracer which leds him to the Osborns place. Finding the goblin starts to beat him but the goblin takes off his mask and its reveal to be Harry.just like the spectacular spiderman.(Which most people have not seen which would be cool for the GA who has not seen the cartoon they will all be like WTF). Harry finding out that he was the goblin and that he kill Gwen goes to mental hospital. Peter is mad but learns that Harry had been on a drug called the goblium green and that he didn’t ment to kill Gwen forgives him but stops being spiderman for a month (this happens in the first hour and half). The Green Goblin returns so Spiderman returns as well. Peter also goes to check on Harry and learns that he has escaped. So he goes to the Osborn because he think that harry is back as the goblin and that Norman made the whole drug thing up to protect his son. So when he gets there he finds Harry and Norman and starts to argue with them just as the goblin attack them. So like in the spectacular spdierman seeing that neither Harry or Norman was the goblin Spiderman goes after him and so does Harry and Norman because Harry wants to know who killed Gwen. We then learn that Norman was the goblin all long and had framed his son and gotten russian spy known as the Chamelon to be him while he was the goblin. Peter enraged by causes Norman to fall in one of his traps and Norman dies but the people New York don’t know he is the Green goblin. Harry leaves goes back to mental hospital cause he cnt take all of this. MJ learns peter secret and counsels him. All of this takes place during the last hour and half of the movie.

The Amazing Spiderman 4
(2hrs 8mins)

Main Cast:
Sally Fields as Aunt May
Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy
Hugh Laurie as J. Jonah Jameson
Zooey Deschanel as Betty Brant
Danny Glover as Robbie Robertson

New Cast:
Alex Pettyfer as Eddie Brock

Plot Outline:
The movie starts 6 month after the events of the 3rd. The main villain will be Mysterio who plays mind trick with Spiderman by bringing Gwen back and some more illusions. Peter turns in to the Black Spiderman and with Mysterio playing mind tricks he get mad at him and starts to turn evil but realizes it and gets rid of the suit. Also by the end of the movie Peter and MJ start to date.

Sub Plot:
John Jameson has just gotten back from a space mission and brought back the symbiote. Peter’s childhood friend had gotten work at the Daily Bugle a few weeks ago and he and Peter have been having problems for the lead position. At the end of the movie spiderman gets rid of the suit and Brock gets it.

The Amazing Spiderman 5
(2hrs 34mins)
Main Cast:
Sally Fields as Aunt May
Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy
Alex Pettyfer as Eddie Brock

Plot Outline:
Venom vs Spiderman and the end of the film Norman comes backs to New York, revealing that he didn’t really die. It would end like this, because I just feel that its a good way to end by having spiderman defeat his toughest enemy (venom)and then his arch nemsis comes back.

TASM 2: Electro is our villain; Peter has to use his brains to find a way to best the elemental-based foe.

TASM 3: In order to hold on to his empire, Norman Osborn gives into the Goblin persona and begins orchestrating a war on the streets of New York. He reverse-engineers technology from competitors to OsCorp and distributes it among the underworld of New York, acting as a Devil-like figure that offers hope to some of the downtrodden of the underworld. He'd target people he felt easily manipulated. This would result in the emergence of the Shocker and perhaps a few other low tier rogues for Spider-Man to deal with. He'd confront Norman as the Goblin at the end.

TASM- At the end we get a hint of our villain the green goblin but just a glimpse maybe the glider or a pumpkin bomb something small just a hint

TASM 2- Main villain I would use someone like Electro or mysterio as the main villain with a small villain making a apperance such as shocker or rhino someone that will be a small 5 minute battle with spider-man. As the movie progresses the green goblin by the end of the movie becomes fully developed in the movie as we are introduced the Norman and harry in the movie early on

TASM3- The night gwen stacy dies as the main focus surrounds the battle between the green goblin the Spider-man with hints to other characters a scene with Eddie brock to continue on in the next set of spider-man movies but only one villain and spider-man dealing with the death of gwen stacy

As much as I like the Green Goblin and Doc Ock, I really see no reason to revisit their characters for this reboot, especially when there are other characters who can fill their basic roles both narratively and psychologically. Here's a list of villains that I'd like to see them utilize in the sequels, in no particular order:
* Hobgoblin
* Lady Octopus
* Silver Sable
* Black Cat
* Morbius
* Mysterio
* Silvermane
* Allistair Smythe
* Hydro-Man
* The Vulture

And why do you say that?

And even if his qualities somewhat match lizard's in a fight, Scorpion is still a totally different and really interesting character if you do him right

The Lizard and Scorpion are the same villain IMO. I'd rather see a villian like Vulture in the second. Someone who will give Spider-Man an aerial battle. I'm also hoping for Chameleon. They can do SO MUCH with his character in the second.

TASM- At the end we get a hint of our villain the green goblin but just a glimpse maybe the glider or a pumpkin bomb something small just a hint

TASM 2- Main villain I would use someone like Electro or mysterio as the main villain with a small villain making a apperance such as shocker or rhino someone that will be a small 5 minute battle with spider-man. As the movie progresses the green goblin by the end of the movie becomes fully developed in the movie as we are introduced the Norman and harry in the movie early on

TASM3- The night gwen stacy dies as the main focus surrounds the battle between the green goblin the Spider-man with hints to other characters a scene with Eddie brock to continue on in the next set of spider-man movies but only one villain and spider-man dealing with the death of gwen stacy

I agree! Electro could be like what OsCorp is doing in the TASM game, being a gentic monster. Excpet without using animals, they use the second draft of the super serum and give it to Max Dillon. They charge his body with electric currents and the serum takes that in, thus making him ELECTRO!

Also, I loved to see Mysterio in a film after Gwen's death.

TASM-The Lizard
TASM 2-Electro, Vulture (Shocker as a 5 minute villain)
TASM 3-The Green Goblin, Mysterio

The Vulture, of course, would not be a old guy this time. He'd be younger and much faster. :woot::woot::woot:
And having Goblin and Mysterio in a film together because Goblin will hire Mysterio to play tricks on Spidey's mind to "occupy" him while the Goblin is getting ready. He hires him again to mess w/ Peter's mind after Gwen dies, but Spidey ends up beating the crap out of him and leaving him in a very painful state.

And sorry about this, but I would like the black suit in this trilogy! He could have it in three and they include Venom, but not in the films...in the spin off. They could introduce Eddie Brock and the black suit in this trilogy and introduce Venom in the spin off.

Last edited:
I think villains like Doctor Octopus (even though he's my fave), Sandman and Venom should be off-limits, since they were portrayed in the previous series. Green Goblin is an exception, since he's Spider-Man's arch enemy, and because Oscorp is already such a big part of this new film's mythology.

Outside of them, it's difficult, as some of my fave Spidey villains - Rhino, Mysterio, etc - are some of the least cinematic. I wouldn't mind seeing Electro get a shot in the cinematic spotlight.

I think villains like Doctor Octopus (even though he's my fave), Sandman and Venom should be off-limits, since they were portrayed in the previous series. Green Goblin is an exception, since he's Spider-Man's arch enemy, and because Oscorp is already such a big part of this new film's mythology.

I agree with that even though I kinda don't want to see Green Goblin again.

Whatever villain contribute to a well told, mature, grounded story, I'm fine with...even if that means re-using some past Raimi villains.

Insead of just another normal white guy after another normal white guy being a villain,they should make each villain more unique.Like:

-Morbius:A blind guy who gets a experimental serum from bats to use sonar to see,like how Daredevil sees,but the experiment turns him into a vampire.

-Vulture:A nice old man in a retirement home who suffers from Alzheimer's.When he somehow gets his memory back from a new cure,he is no longer a nice man,but a evil smart guy.

-R.H.I.N.O. A dwarf/little person(Peter Dinklage,from Game of Thrones)who uses a robotic suit like Iron Monger.

-Doc Ock: A man who is a quadriplegic (someone who can't move their body from the neck down) Who can only get around with his tentacles.

-Venom:Harry who has a suit that Oscorp created,and Harry uses it to seek revenge for his father's death.No black suit spidey in this series,it's been done,we need something different.

Mysterio:A gameshow host who uses illusion technology to make his reality game show more interesting.

Why does every villain have to have a disease or disability? Wouldnt THAT get just as old as normal white guy after normal white guy?

-DOOM :doom:

Well I checked out Total Films recent AMS scope and it had a pretty good interview with Rhys Ifans & also taunted the fact that for ASM2 a classic baddie would be or has already been drawn in.

Could it be Chameleon, Scorpion, Vulture, Rhino or Electro all with ? marks.

If we do get one not mentioned then you know who I would like MYSTERIO.

I am sure that Marc Webb & co could create a brilliant Mysterio story for a live action blockbuster.

What story would you like to see if Mysterio did get the green light?

Chameleon would be my 2nd pick after Mysterio.

:liz: says Mysterio :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"