The amazing thread of Uniforms and Logos part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lake Erie Monsters and the Syracuse Crunch continue the AHL's dress up mode for the league's 75th Anniversary.

Lake Erie as the Cleveland Barons and the Crunch as the old Syracuse Stars. I think Syracuse could have gone the extra yard with correct colored shells for the pants, helmets and gloves. Slackers. But I like the Barons Uni's.

lemsyr_101008_410.jpg

Yes. Remember Nike had the NFL license once before. The only uni they really messed up was the Broncos.

But the NFL Teams control what they wear. They are a multi-million dollar corporation, not some college that has to bend to the wishes of Nike and wear ridiculous uniforms like the Nike Pro Combat crap they've been rolling out the last two seasons.

I can't see the Cowboys or Packers or anyone changing their uni to what Nike wants just because Nike said this is what you are wearing if it has out logo on it. Unless of course, they happen to like them. If anything it will just be more fabric changes, etc...

Nike never had a complete license on NFL uni's before, they only had a partial license back in the 90's, when teams could basically choose their own uniform maker and chose between between Nike (Steelers, Bears), Reebok (Lions), Adidas (Bucs), or Puma (Rams, Browns) I think.

Nike's niggest impact on jerseys from that time was probably changing the font of the numbering on the Steelers uniforms from this:

kordelltt.jpg

to this:

KordellStewart-796047.jpg

I'd assume (hope) these are the only types of major visual changes you'll see. Hopefully it's more of a change to jersey fabrics.

Yes, true. Select teams. But the font change for the Steelers is no big deal. The Broncos........ that was another story considering they basically have huge "swooshes" on their pants and up under the arms.

West Virginia was wearing their hideous canary costumes tonight :doh:

The Ducks 3rd Jersey has been leaked. I like where they were going with the logo, but the rest of the jersey is a complete fail.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-75314768-1287495037.jpg

Rochester and Hershey did the throwback thing last night. Loving the Hershey Uni's.

5097325920_9b1c2e56a3_o.png

Jose Theodore's new Wild Mask isn't done yet, so he took his old Washington mask and covered it with white tape and MN Wild stickers.

Jose-Theodore-mummy-mask-left.jpg

As you can see the back plate still has the Caps paint job showing.

So the NBA banned players from wearing their headbands with the NBA Logo upside down. So Rajon Rondo has been going without one.

rondo-pd.jpg

Washington Nationals prototype. The type face is 1000 times better than that block crap they've been using.

NationalsPrototypeFront.jpg

Cowboys Thanksgiv9ing throwbacks.

18-2552-Large_Image.jpeg

No word yet on whether the Saints will be sporting throwbacks for that game as well.

Those Penguins Winter Classic Uni's that were leaked before turned out to be spot on.

Check em out here.

I like the fat penguin with the scarf.

Washington Nationals prototype. The type face is 1000 times better than that block crap they've been using.

They're set to "unveil major changes" on November 10th. Let'see if they look anything like these.

Hornets alt is a little loud:

5020073814_4c1311d1ef_b.jpg

It wouldn't be so bad if it were purple. It's like they're trying to look annoying on purpose.

Army goes full out Camo for Saturday's game.

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-486068565-1288475421.jpg

I kind of like this.

Hornets alt is a little loud:

5020073814_4c1311d1ef_b.jpg

First time I saw that I thought the word o nthe front was "Holla" :D

Army goes full out Camo for Saturday's game.

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-486068565-1288475421.jpg

I kind of like this.

Yeah they did that a couple years ago for the Army/Navy game too. Although I think they wore black jerseys with camo helmets and pants.

BTW those VMI helmets are hideous.

The Goalie for Maryland Hockey team has the State's Flag on his leg pads. :up:

75345_1437248891111_1229640034_30943415_50259_n.jpg

According to someone over at Uniwatchblog.com this is definitely NOT the Nats new home jersey. It's just one of the jersey's they had looked at.

Also, you know those titanium Phiten necklaces that a ton of MLB Players wear? Well rumor has it they will soon be making there way onto an NBA Court near you.

afail.png

The Goalie for Maryland Hockey team has the State's Flag on his leg pads. :up:

75345_1437248891111_1229640034_30943415_50259_n.jpg

And Maryland continues to be the only state that gives a rat's rearend about their state flag.

Always thought they had a weird flag anyway like a cross between a racing flag and something a crusader would waive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"