Sequels The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the rise of the Furries in recent years... bringing in Tygra is clearly the right thing to do.

Can you say, "Avatar numbers"? ;)

"Because, like, animals are cool. So we should have a character who's, like, an animal. How about a tiger? Tigers are cool."

Not "Tygra," y'all: "Tigra."

Sorry to be anal about it, but Tigra's my girl. :o

Not to start any fanboy wars but I kinda agree.
I see it being (in terms of BO)
1: Star Wars Ep. VII
2. Avengers 2
3. Justice League.

Maybe if JL had Bale (the Batman that people became attatched to since 2005) or had some sort of build up I'd think it'd have more of a chance against the other 2. Also Star Wars and Avengers are already sequels to 2 massive blockbusters.

But still JL will make good money I'll be surprised if it makes under 500 mill

I won't be surprised. Justice League will be the Green Lantern of 2015. WB is totally going out of it's way to make it seem like an Avengers rip off. Sure Thanos is based on Dark Seid, but the general audience isn't going to see that.

It's going to have no flow. Too many characters introduced in so little time. This does have Green Lantern or even X-Men Last Stand written all over it. Using Darkseid first with Thanos debuting in guardians of the galaxy and avengers 2, is a mistake. people won't care if he was created a couple years before the other, even though thanos has became the better developed and more interesting of a character imo. Latino Review isn't exactly the hollywood reporter so I'll take this news with a grain a salt.

no. I was just replying to what was written above me. I agree with tony stark that this JL movie could be the next green lantern.

So it only took 39 pages for the first official news eh? :D

Considering Avengers was released just this summer, that's pretty good!

Anyone think Whedon might get a co-writer on for A2?

Probably not. He did get Drew Goddard and his brother and sister-in-law to do some uncredited work on the first one's script.

Avengers 2? :cwink:

368D6EA4340F6F4CC6DE8A145F357_h316_w628_m5_ctBssibAF.jpg

First time I've seen a Spidey costume with genuine Romita eyes --- nice. Who's the guy at the far right....Puma?

I have a feeling Marvel and Disney want The Avengers 2 a bit sooner than May 1, 2015. Whedon's already completed an outline and will have the first draft ready by spring-summer 2013? Very fast turnaround.

Does anyone think, judging on how the rewrites, casting and pre-production goes, the movie might be bumped up a couple months? At this rate, I can see this being a March 2015 release if filming goes fast enough...

Nah, they aren't going to bump it from their 1.5B date to March. LOL

Whedon himself definitely wants more breathing room during the production. In almost every interview he talked about how much of a nightmare the ridiculously compact production schedule was. I wouldn't be surprised if they start filming before the year ends and wrap sometime next spring/early summer.

Love the new Whedon quotes. "Don't go bigger, go deeper" – exactly what I want from a sequel to The Avengers! Hopefully it means more dramatic depth, which was the only little thing lacking in the first one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"