Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

I hope you’re wrong. With the exception of Cap and Banner, all the Avengers are normal humans. They shouldn’t be able to wield that kind of power.

If the stones were just powerful stones I'd agree, but they arent. They are sentient entities that can make decisions and influence things. If the stones and destiny/fate want a human to wield them then the stones could allow it. And dont forget that a raccoon and a tree wielded a stone in GOTG by uniting with Peter who is half human. I figure Thor can easily wield a stone at this point. Hulk is essentially unkillable so he can probably handle the power from a stone. And Stark has the tech know how to maybe make it possible for them to harness the power. Cap has the "heart" and integrity so the stones may not kill him and choose to work for him. All six of the avengers together wielding them together doesnt seem out of the question at this point.

time travel or alternate realities, either way I hope they manage to ground it somehow

I think with what they've been filming it will be like trip down memory lane/clip show of all the great moments over the past 10 years/A tribute to Marvel Studio's

Japanese comic-con going on right now

http://toho.seesaa.net/article/459546599.html

I was wondering how Captain America's star's on his suit became black.

Are the star's just stuck on his suit by Velcro?

ZojELcr.jpg

hmmmG8E.jpg

SMPPNQd.jpg

Kf9LKc4.jpg

I think it's funny that Stark's clothing is missing the reactor. I didn't realize Black Panther's suit had ALOT more detail to it.

Last edited:
there will not be time travel in Avengers 4. My guess is the damage is undone by the stones being reunited or something to do with the soul stone or quantum realm. Remember the quantum realm is a place where time and space collide, kinda like the nexus in star trek generations.

When Antman goes into the quantum realm it was even like the nexus. Star Trek Generations was a pass the baton movie, which im sure avengers 4 will be.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Nexus

Oh dear, I hope they're not using Generations as a model (I know Feige, too, is a Trekkie). As a Trekkie who was part of the Star Trek community at the time - yes, conventions and all - that movie was NOT liked. In fact most of the Trek community was FURIOUS at the treatment of Kirk. It was on an even grandeur scale of wrath than what the Star Wars community is experiencing now, post Lost Jedi, re: Luke Skywalker.

If the stones were just powerful stones I'd agree, but they arent. They are sentient entities that can make decisions and influence things. If the stones and destiny/fate want a human to wield them then the stones could allow it. And dont forget that a raccoon and a tree wielded a stone in GOTG by uniting with Peter who is half human. I figure Thor can easily wield a stone at this point. Hulk is essentially unkillable so he can probably handle the power from a stone. And Stark has the tech know how to maybe make it possible for them to harness the power. Cap has the "heart" and integrity so the stones may not kill him and choose to work for him. All six of the avengers together wielding them together doesnt seem out of the question at this point.

Jane held/was possessed by the Aether. Dr. Strange held the time stone as he gave it to Thanos.

Who all touched the mind stone in AoU to put it in Vision? So that's 3.

Soul needs a scarifice, Tesseract people touched the case but not really the stone, and Power was held by the Guardians.

So far Power, Space, and Aether are the only ones we know to give people trouble.

Jane held/was possessed by the Aether. Dr. Strange held the time stone as he gave it to Thanos.

Who all touched the mind stone in AoU to put it in Vision? So that's 3.

Soul needs a scarifice, Tesseract people touched the case but not really the stone, and Power was held by the Guardians.

So far Power, Space, and Aether are the only ones we know to give people trouble.

As far as I remember, the Mind Stone was only handled by Ultron. He took it out of the scepter and placed it in Vision's head before ordering Helen Cho to upload his consciousness into the body.

Quill was able to hold the Power Stone because he's half-Celestial and had the rest of the team to take some of its power. Doctor Strange handled the Time Stone in IW, but one can assume that his mastery of the mystic arts allowed him to do this without being harmed. Perhaps someone who wasn't as powerful as Strange wouldn't have fared as well.

I'm excited how Hollands Body transforms if he goes to 25-28

As far as I remember, the Mind Stone was only handled by Ultron. He took it out of the scepter and placed it in Vision's head before ordering Helen Cho to upload his consciousness into the body.

Quill was able to hold the Power Stone because he's half-Celestial and had the rest of the team to take some of its power. Doctor Strange handled the Time Stone in IW, but one can assume that his mastery of the mystic arts allowed him to do this without being harmed. Perhaps someone who wasn't as powerful as Strange wouldn't have fared as well.

Thought the stone kinda levitated rather than him touching it.

Japanese comic-con going on right now

http://toho.seesaa.net/article/459546599.html

I was wondering how Captain America's star's on his suit became black.

Are the star's just stuck on his suit by Velcro?

Kf9LKc4.jpg

The star is missing from Cap's uniform - he removed it after he surrendered his shield and in effect stopped being "Captain America" and became "Nomad"...

I'm more interested in what appears to be chainmail or scales visible in the torn parts of the uniform around the star - hope we see more of this in A4...

I'm excited how Hollands Body transforms if he goes to 25-28

it’s going to be an interesting transformation for sure, not just his physique but his acting skills and how marvel and sony will handle this character.

Just booked in for no.8 tomorrow morning. :cool::woot:

Those first two are beautiful. Props to whoever designed them.

Tom Holland is the only Avengers actor who makes RDJ look like a giant. :pal:

And RDJ probably loves that Holland does [make him look taller] too. :whatever:

Seriously tho I wish he wasn't so self-conscious about his height. I kind of laughed in IW when he stood face to face with Cumberbatch and was practically the same height as him around/just under 6 ft, even though everyone knows he's not nearly that big.

Love the China countdown poster. :up:

Tom Holland is the only Avengers actor who makes RDJ look like a giant. :pal:

Looks like they're standing on an uneven surface. Downey's only an inch taller than Holland according to Wikipedia.

And RDJ probably loves that Holland does [make him look taller] too. :whatever:

Seriously tho I wish he wasn't so self-conscious about his height. I kind of laughed in IW when he stood face to face with Cumberbatch and was practically the same height as him around/just under 6 ft, even though everyone knows he's not nearly that big.

Looks like they're standing on an uneven surface. Downey's only an inch taller than Holland according to Wikipedia.

Twas but a joke. :cwink: RDJ himself has had a laugh at his height's expense, as when the Chrises were talking about the props crew making sure he had an apple box to stand on during filming. In that set photo, Downey is on a riser because he's wearing the Iron Man armor, which is well over 6' tall.

As far as RDJ being sensitive about his height, he's no different than any leading man (or wannabe-lead) in Hollywood. An actor's height can dictate what roles he will be offered so it's only rational for him to avoid being seen as "too short". It's the one physical attribute that men in the industry have to worry about. Gaining muscle and losing weight are possibilities for most, but no adult can grow taller.

since this is a thread that still seems to be used-since Doctor Strange knew the deaths were coming couldn't he have left his body in his 'astral form'.

Once his body dies his astral form has a limited time span but he could still be around. Just wondering!

so now most of us have had time to see this several times, what do we think the next title will be?
I saw somewhere pt 4 was meant to be infinity gauntlet? but now it's changed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"