The Batman comics recommendation thread! - Part 1

Long Halloween should only be a must have for fans of Tim Sale. People need to pick up Batman Annual 14 instead, the book LH borrows from so heavily.

While I enjoyed TLH, I do feel that Batman Annual 14 was a better origin for Two Face (just as I prefer Year 3 over Dark Victory).

^ definitely. Whenever I see people praise his **** to high heaven I realize that they're probably not familiar with many Batman stories outside of the most popular ones in the mainstream.

While I enjoyed TLH, I do feel that Batman Annual 14 was a better origin for Two Face (just as I prefer Year 3 over Dark Victory).

Me too. Even if DV is the only Loeb Batman story that I think is above average.

Personally, I think TLH is great.

It's all of Loeb's other stories that are average.

TLH gets credit for some stuff that originated in that book which bugs me; Gordon, Bats, and Dent making a pact and becoming a team and Maroni disfiguring Harvey. And I mean I like it okay, I even took my handle here from it, but I don't know if it should be recommended so highly.

Batman Annual #14 will always be a classic amongst the fandom though. So even though most know TLH better it's not like it will be underappreciated. I've rarely seen people not mention it when it comes to the "Greatest Two-Face stories" conversation. It's pretty much what solidified the character to those of us growing up during the late 80's and early 90's. It's certainly what made him my favorite Batman villain.

Got Batman: A Death In The Family by Jim Srarlin also includes Batman #426-429 and #440=442 and Batman Annual #25. I haven't read it.

Also this thread should always be in the main page.

Last edited:
Nope even surprises me I haven't owned a copy... :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"