The Danger Room: The X-Lounge

I think that was one of the things I liked a lot about her. Especially comparable to Gen X and how she treated the kids.
I don't like abrasive people that act like they are looking down on everyone. No appeal,at all. :(

One of the biggest reasons I love Gambit was he never took himself too seriously and joked around. I prefer more light Hearted people. :)

I don’t like the Emma Scott thing but otherwise I find her an interesting character going from important villain to part of the X-Men and having some genuine love for her students. Her transition was gradual as she was still very manipulative early on during it. I liked her showing Iceman the extent of his untapped powers too when she was in his body.

I was never a huge Emma fan, probably because she was so sharp with everyone around her. :(
She’s come from a very different background at teh Hellfire Club and was a full on villain so it makes sense. I’d definitely rather spend an afternoon with Gambit, Beast, Iceman, Jubilee etc though. :D

I don’t like the Emma Scott thing but otherwise I find her an interesting character going from important villain to part of the X-Men and having some genuine love for her students. Her transition was gradual as she was still very manipulative early on during it. I liked her showing Iceman the extent of his untapped powers too when she was in his body.
I never liked Emma/Scott because it felt too much like cheating and I hate people who cheat. I agree that she helped Iceman a lot so she has had some moments where I could sorta like her, lol.

She’s come from a very different background at teh Hellfire Club and was a full on villain so it makes sense. I’d definitely rather spend an afternoon with Gambit, Beast, Iceman, Jubilee etc though. :D
It was no accident that I chose both Beast and Gambit for my fanfiction. Two of my top favorites. :D

I never liked Emma/Scott because it felt too much like cheating and I hate people who cheat. I agree that she helped Iceman a lot so she has had some moments where I could sorta like her, lol.
I don’t mind so much Emma wanting to do that, but I don’t want Scott doing it. Especially as that relationship with Jean felt like THE relationship of the X-Men, the one I always wanted to remain solid through thick and thin as opposed to the likes of Gambit and Rogue which was much more volatile.

It was no accident that I chose both Beast and Gambit for my fanfiction. Two of my top favorites. :D
I love Beast more and more every year! He’s one of my favourites for sure. You can’t not have chilled out fun if you’re with those 2. :cwink:

I don’t mind so much Emma wanting to do that, but I don’t want Scott doing it. Especially as that relationship with Jean felt like THE relationship of the X-Men, the one I always wanted to remain solid through thick and thin as opposed to the likes of Gambit and Rogue which was much more volatile.
I know, right? I wasn't even comfortable with Logan's crush on Jean. She and Scott were perfect together.,

I know, right? I wasn't even comfortable with Logan's crush on Jean. She and Scott were perfect together.,
Yep same here, although I know that one was more popular with many fans. I don't find love triangles all that interesting. In early comics that I read, Scott and Jean were the first that seemed like genuine long term love and so it was a big payoff when they got married after so many years.

Yep same here, although I know that one was more popular with many fans. I don't find love triangles all that interesting. In early comics that I read, Scott and Jean were the first that seemed like genuine long term love and so it was a big payoff when they got married after so many years.
Yes to their marriage. I didn't feel the same about Gambit and Rogue getting married because it never felt like it would last. (I haven't read any new comics for about a year so I assume they are still married).

Yes to their marriage. I didn't feel the same about Gambit and Rogue getting married because it never felt like it would last. (I haven't read any new comics for about a year so I assume they are still married).
I’m very behind on comics now unfortunately so also wouldn’t know. Scott and Jean seemed solid to me as a kid and was the one I always wanted to endure and leave others like Logan, Psylocke and Emma out. Loved Rogue and Gambit together but the volatility there was part of the drama - in a good way although I’d be upset whenever they split up.

never liked emma and Scott. They didn’t fit together at all to me.
I really did like her interactions with iceman and I thought that had more potential. They were opposites that could’ve balanced each other out.

I’ve not read comics in years but I’ve heard they made iceman gay. Or an alternate universe version is or something. never saw that coming

I really did like her interactions with iceman and I thought that had more potential. They were opposites that could’ve balanced each other out.

I’ve not read comics in years but I’ve heard they made iceman gay. Or an alternate universe version is or something. never saw that coming
Yes, I very much appreciated that element of her. Loved the whole storyline as she transitioned and changed *some of her stubborn ways. I’d like to see that on film and be a moment where Iceman can finally take some responsibility and use the real powers he’s capable of.

Yes, also was a shock to me at the time haha. A long time ago now so it’s quite established at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised if they went that route in the MCU X-Men film.

Yeah, Ultimate Iceman came out as gay so there were sideways glances at 616 Iceman because in theory they are the same guy. I think they might have settled on 616 Iceman being bisexual at the time I stopped reading.

Wait....maybe it wasn't Ultimate Iceman but a younger group of X-men from a very near timeline. My memory stinks, lol.

Wait....maybe it wasn't Ultimate Iceman but a younger group of X-men from a very near timeline. My memory stinks, lol.

I don’t remember that from UltX. In that one I do remember Piotr being gay. I’m not sure I’ve read comics since like Astonishing #25. The whedon/cassady run. Actually I might’ve read a little past that when an artist named Simone took over as I vaguely remember something called ghost boxes but it got so confusing.

I don’t remember that from UltX. In that one I do remember Piotr being gay. I’m not sure I’ve read comics since like Astonishing #25. The whedon/cassady run. Actually I might’ve read a little past that when an artist named Simone took over as I vaguely remember something called ghost boxes but it got so confusing.
I quit reading about a year ago. Gambit was seriously underused and the storylines were boring. :(

Gay collusus is so intriguing now especially with current world events. Or at least bi I collusus

I don't mind diverse characters, but I'm not a fan of changing long standing characters to force that diversity. I would never have pegged Collosus as gay at all. :(

As much as I love Cyclops, X-factor #1 has left a permanent stain on the character for me. Cheating on Jean with Emma (yes, thats how the relationship started), all pales in Scott leaving his wife and infant child to reunite with Jean.

Still married, very happily. Though, the family dynamic is great, though. Lets just say if you though Mystique was a rough mother in law, wait till you see how the other mother in law likes Gambit.

Bendis did make Iceman gay. And revealed it in the absolute worst way he could have done it. However, everything I've read has that Sina Grace's short lived Iceman series (sadly, because of Marvel bigotry), was able to save it, and really did good with making Iceman gay.

I don't mind diverse characters, but I'm not a fan of changing long standing characters to force that diversity. I would never have pegged Collosus as gay at all. :(

I mean, like half the X-men are able to be allowed to be queer just from Claremont's writing. The hope is someone allows Kitty to have a girlfriend, since Rachel finally has one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"