The Danger Room: The X-Lounge

As much as I love Cyclops, X-factor #1 has left a permanent stain on the character for me. Cheating on Jean with Emma (yes, thats how the relationship started), all pales in Scott leaving his wife and infant child to reunite with Jean.

Still married, very happily. Though, the family dynamic is great, though. Lets just say if you though Mystique was a rough mother in law, wait till you see how the other mother in law likes Gambit.
Who is the other mother-in-law?

Destiny has been revived, so Rogue has her two momma's.

Neither like her husband.
Ha! I missed that. Never really knew much about Destiny beyond her being Mystique's love interest. She did seem very serious.

If Destiny plays an important role in a Marvel Studios movie, they could call the film as:

Marvel Studios' X-Men: Destiny

I don't care what they call it, I just want it now. :D

While Fox may have over used Mystique, I will say, Hickman has been able to make me want to see her again on the big screen. On the condition that she is paired with Destiny. Raven and Irene are a great vilianous pair.

While Fox may have over used Mystique, I will say, Hickman has been able to make me want to see her again on the big screen. On the condition that she is paired with Destiny. Raven and Irene are a great vilianous pair.
As long as they use her very differently (not as Eric's no.2 the whole time) as per the above I think it would be fine. She'd be a good background character along with Destiny who could grow in significance later. The interrelationships with other characters could also add value down the line.

i don't know if i want a "story arc"

but i feel like if the first movie was more of a FOH/OZT/ Purifiers storyline with humanity as the enemy would be a good way to bring them in. it can tie in to the MCU because you know there are people scared of all these super beings popping up now. Aliens, Gods, etc. they're gonna want to protect themselves and someone is going to want to tap into that hate.

that could evolve into the Morlock Massacre and Mutant Registration Act or something similar which would be an emotional event and a big trigger in human vs mutant relations. The MRA would be akin to the Sokovia Accords, again paralleling the MCU in a way while bringing them in. and while at the same time, the sentinel project could be done in the background or hinted at in the meantime, erupting in a big battle/showdown where they start hunting mutants a la Jubilee in the Night of the Sentinels episodes in X-Men the Animated Series and like the big showdown in Times Square in Ultimate X-Men (1?) where the team had to battle the Sentinels hunting them, and still saving people lives as the Sentinels went haywire (i think) and from all the damage and debris because they were designed to eradicate the mutants, collateral damage be damned.
i specifically remember in that issue a young Iceman who hadn't really grasped his powers freezing a sentinel mid-fall, saving tons of people from being crushed to death, and then once things were under control someone still throws a soda can or beer bottle at his head, busting it open.

this could be a 2 or 3 part arc since they seem to like to tell stories in arcs or phases lol

edit; and of course if they choose an older Hank, he could've went to school with Tony or maybe a younger hank was a student intern at stark industries where he got his hands on using tech or creating tech to build the danger room simulations.

i haven't given this much thought at all

Gambit wasn't ruined, under used perhaps. He could have done more.

How did Darwin make it on to the list? :D

Yeah, those and more. Fox gave us some good films but they didn’t really get many of the X-Men characters right.
I guess it was because he was underused. Like characters like Angel Salvadore, Riptide and Azazel made it to the final scene of the film.

But either way, I don't really care about Darwin. They should have mentioned Bishop. But the rest of that article is pretty much essential X-Men.

Gambit wasn't ruined, under used perhaps. He could have done more.
Looking back at how FoX kept delaying his film, for us who are aware how it was delayed again and again, is a reminder how FoX didn't really know what to do the character.

He should have appeared with the X-Men. Then decided to debut him in a solo Wolverine film. Then decide to do a Gambit film that led nowhere.

Looking back at how FoX kept delaying his film, for us who are aware how it was delayed again and again, is a reminder how FoX didn't really know what to do the character.

He should have appeared with the X-Men. Then decided to debut him in a solo Wolverine film. Then decide to do a Gambit film that led nowhere.
Oh, yes. I agree with that. I just thought Kitsch did fine with what little they gave him. :)

I guess it was because he was underused. Like characters like Angel Salvadore, Riptide and Azazel made it to the final scene of the film.

But either way, I don't really care about Darwin. They should have mentioned Bishop. But the rest of that article is pretty much essential X-Men.
Yeah, although I wouldn’t have expected them to get
a whole lot of exposure when most of the main X-Men were still waiting for a good showing. Hopefully they start from the top this time and give us versions of all the main characters that the majority of people are happy with, and then they can expand in any direction to cover lesser known characters and storylines as they wish. The shows will help with flexibility on that front.

How did Darwin make it on to the list? :D

Yeah, those and more. Fox gave us some good films but they didn’t really get many of the X-Men characters right.

He is sort of a meme at the moment, so I understand why he would make the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"