The Flash SPOILER Discussion Thread (No Spoiler Tags Required)

I feel like Keaton should have gotten a proper send off but also who should have gotten a more better send off are Affleck, Gadot and Momoa but also you could have used this movie to properly send off Henry Cavill as Superman

How did everyone’s theater crowd react to the movie? Just curious. Mine was very responsive to it. HUGE applause when Keaton suited up and during his action scenes. Ezra’s zaniness got some laughs, the cameos got a huge reaction, Wonder Woman, Reeve and Nic Cage specifically. Overall my crowd seemed to enjoy the movie alot.

I'm in the UK so we don't really get many reactions but the Clooney cameo got the biggest laugh

Wondering the same thing. In the final cut of the film those characters got no resolution whatsoever.

giphy.gif

How did everyone’s theater crowd react to the movie? Just curious. Mine was very responsive to it. HUGE applause when Keaton suited up and during his action scenes. Ezra’s zaniness got some laughs, the cameos got a huge reaction, Wonder Woman, Reeve and Nic Cage specifically. Overall my crowd seemed to enjoy the movie alot.
Nothing crazy but my crowd seemed to enjoy it. A few audible laughs, one guy sorta cheered for Keaton at one point and a few claps at the end of the film

Question. Maybe this is thinking too much into since it all doesn’t really matter anymore, but since Barry went back to restore his mothers death and everything seemingly went back to “normal” (minus the different Bruce) are we to assume that Keaton didn’t actually die? And that everything went back to how it was before Barry jumped into the Keaton world?

Question. Maybe this is thinking too much into since it all doesn’t really matter anymore, but since Barry went back to restore his mothers death and everything seemingly went back to “normal” (minus the different Bruce) are we to assume that Keaton didn’t actually die? And that everything went back to how it was before Barry jumped into the Keaton world?
I'd say you are correct, because by Barry allowing his mother's death, he averted that doomed timeline with Zod always winning and terraforming.

So Keaton can technically come back. Got it.
:p

(totally a pipe dream at this point)

Probably the best crowd reactions I've seen since NWH, particularly when it came to the humor. My audience was roaring with laughter much more than I expected, and the movie itself was much funnier than I thought it would be.

Wondering the same thing. In the final cut of the film those characters got no resolution whatsoever.

I can't recall Cavill being involved in any final cut unless I'm mistaken. It was Keaton, Calle and Ezra, with only a hint that Kal El might be alive...but it was never said it was Cavill Kal.

I can't recall Cavill being involved in any final cut unless I'm mistaken. It was Keaton, Calle and Ezra, with only a hint that Kal El might be alive...but it was never said it was Cavill Kal.

The Flash: Inside George Clooney’s Return as Batman – The Hollywood Reporter

The Flash, as it was originally conceived and shot, ended on the courthouse steps with Supergirl, played by Sasha Calle, and Batman, played by Michael Keaton, who was already featured throughout the movie as a returned Batman. It was meant to highlight that Barry did not reset the timeline as he thought he did. It was an ending that was screen tested several times, one that reversed the deaths of Supergirl and Batman earlier in the film.

However, the movie got caught in the lightning storm that was Discovery’s acquisition of Warner Bros. in 2022. Emmerich and Hamada were ousted, and Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav was on the hunt for an executive to run DC. In the meantime, Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy were installed as Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairpersons and CEOs. They were tasked with overseeing DC in the meantime, and suddenly and certainly not unexpectedly they had their own plans.

A new The Flash ending was conceived. This new version was still on the courthouse steps, but now Calle’s Supergirl was joined by Superman, played by Henry Cavill, and Wonder Woman, played by Gal Gadot. Keaton also remained. De Luca and Abdy believed they were being strategic with the ending. Cavill was going to cameo for DC movie Black Adam and was being teed up to return to the role in a brand new Superman movie. Supergirl was retained because even though the executives were killing the development of a standalone Supergirl movie, they were open to her returning in some form and didn’t want the last image audiences saw of her to be her death at the hands of a supervillain (Michael Shannon’s General Zod).

Meanwhile, the studio was developing a third installment of Wonder Woman with filmmaker Patty Jenkins and star Gadot. This was a nice way to keep Wonder Woman in the cultural conversation. This ending was shot in September involving Miller, Cavill and Gadot as well as Keaton and Calle.

I would have honestly preferred one of the two unused endings even if there was never gonna be any follow-up.

Last edited:
Damnit that would have been a betting ending than the stupid ending we got with Clooney.

It makes no sense why they didn’t use one of those. Even if there are no plans past this film, it just makes SO much more sense for this story.
With this new ending, feels like they really said “Do you *really* want to see THIS continue? Of course you don’t! So we’re rebooting. The end.”

really kills any sort of “what if” fan specification that would have come with the other ending

Running a studio is easier said than done and James Gunn has never run anything. I’m not sold on him at all.

The ending and most of those goofy cameos were his idea.

It makes no sense why they didn’t use one of those. Even if there are no plans past this film, it just makes SO much more sense for this story.
With this new ending, feels like they really said “Do you *really* want to see THIS continue? Of course you don’t! So we’re rebooting. The end.”

really kills any sort of “what if” fan specification that would have come with the other ending

Pretty much.

None of the endings make any sense at all, especially if the characters died earlier in the film.

They picked the one least likely to piss off people who liked the characters if there wasn't a sequel.

There's no way they could have yet another sequel tease for something that quite possibly wouldn't happen. Especially after the stuff with Cavill. Once that happened and BATGIRL went, there was little point.

Kind of a minor thing, but did anyone find it weird that the Keaton batmobile was not used?

The scene with Aquaman at the end,could that be from Aquaman 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"