• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Superman Returns The FUTURE of Superman Movies...

Mentok said:

Well come on. Lois has richard now. who else can clark/superman form an intimate relationship with now but a good friend from the planet who baked him a cake and even bought him drinks on his first day back to work? :confused: If anyone should be his new love after lois, its Olsen.

Bryan Singer will never do a Darkseid Superman story...

-TNC

No more Lex Luthor (or little as possible), no more sickly little super-child, and bring forth DARKSIED featuring BRAINIAC. :cool:

Why is Lex Luthor in EVERY Superman movie? He's the only villain to be in every single one of a superhero's movies. He's EVERYWHERE.
5 movies now.
There's been 5 friggin' Batman movies, and The Joker's been in ONE. This is pathetic.
I say, GET RID OF LEX LUTHOR. It's been 5 movies now, and he's nowhere near being the Lex that he's supposed to be in the comics. His appearance in every damn movie makes everything sooooo repetitive.

Get someone new. Bring in...
Doomsday
Metallo
Brainiac
I'd be fine with ANY of these villains. They all rule (especially Metallo).

Hell, do the Doomsday storyline from the early 90's.....THE DEATH AND LIFE OF SUPERMAN. What better way to make a Superman Returns sequel than to KILL HIM OFF! He's returned after everyone thought he left for good, and now they are grateful for his return....now kill him off!!
Doomsday kills him.....Metropolis is 99% destroyed from an earthquake....The city is lost....There's no hope.
...and then Superman comes back to life. Now THAT would be the epic story that we've been wanting. THAT would be worth seeing. To kill a superhero like Superman, and then bring him back to life, would be an unprecedented movie EVENT, and there wouldnt be a person on earth who wouldn't pay to see it. It would be a wild ride.....the journey of Superman's return from DEATH.

Plus... it would be GOOD. It would be entertaining.

Superman Returns wasn't very epic. We couldn't even see his JOURNEY. Isn't that the whole POINT of the term "epic" ???

The only thing about Lex in this one that made me cringe was when that old lady was talking to him about how he satisfied her, dude that was gross!

lol

Umm...if you're talking about the christopher reeve movies (and SR) than Luthor's only been in 4 (He wasn't in Superman 3) And since Superman 1 and 2 were basically one long epic story I'd go so far as to say Lex Luthor has appeared in 3 distinct Superman adventures in modern cinematic continuity.

If Brandon Routh played Bizzarro and Lex cloned him using some of Superman's blood, and with the help of Braniac it would be cool. Braniac and Bizzarro would be the main villians, Lex would still be rich, He would fund and Braniac would be in charge.
Oh yea, and Braniac would be the big finale.

ryan dube said:
The only thing about Lex in this one that made me cringe was when that old lady was talking to him about how he satisfied her, dude that was gross!

lol
I know! I thought it was really cheesy when she died litterally a second after she signed.

well there is a big chunk of new krypton with a bunch of kryptonian memory crystals on it floating out in space, seems like a good enough start to bringing in Braniac

and you have a bunch of kryptonite shards with supermans blood on them, seems like a good enough start to bringing in bizzaro

I loved returns, and thought it was a great way to bring superman back into the public eye. But the sequel should really take a step in a direction we haven't seen before. (See above examples)

Also if you look at the X-Films singer did, the first one was mostly story based and developed the characters and the world they live in, while the sequel expanded on that and had more room for action. Maybe the same formula will be followed with the Superman Franchise (Exept for the part about the crappy third sequel)

I find it funny someone with an X3 avator complains about reusing the same villain in all the franchise's movie, when Magneto has been in....how many X-Men movies now?

I think WB will demand a supervillain and a new direction and Singer will rise to the challenge. Look at how X2 compares to X1. Singer made a good movie and keep in mind that the alternatives would be McG ****ting on us (Charlie's Angels man) or Brett Ratner (and we saw how he ****ed up X-Men now, so there is no debate). He'll rise to the challenge.

Lex will be back but I suspect he will be more background to either Brainiac or Darkseid. Brainiac is the better and more interesting villain, but he may seem too similar to Zod in SII, so perhaps Darkseid would work. But for the record, Lex beating the **** out of Superman on New Krypton is better than Darkseid IMO, but audiences need their super brawls, it would seem.

Magneto might have been in all three X-Men movies, but at least he wasn't the ONLY villain. Each X movie introduces a new bad guy, while Superman has the same damn threat every time.

Zod not a new threat? And while I agree X2 did introduce a new threat, X3 did a piss poor job by ****ing up Pheonex and making her a second-rate lackey to a poorly presented Magneto. And I would rank Zod higher than Stryker or movie Pheonex (unfortunately) by the way.

I'd really like to see Brainiac finally be on film. (it would make sense for Singer to use him since he likes to focus on Superman Kyptonian roots)

Darkseid and Braniac would be great in a Superman movie. The only problem with Darkseid is the explanation it would take. The only reason I wouldn't go with Braniac is simply because of the Krypton connection. I would honestly go with Metallo. The fight sequences would be great because Metallo can stand toe to toe with Supes. The one thing that bothered me with Superman Returns was the true lack of a physical threat. I get sick of Supes getting poisoned with kryptonite and then having someone like Lex take advantage of that situation. The second half of Superman Returns was so anti-climatic....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"