• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

the futures of sunfire and gambit

ultimategambit

Civilian
Reaction score
i havent seen a thread about this so if there is sorry and disregard this topic then, with the "blood of apocalypse" story arc now finished and a new creative team and arc set to start with the next issue, the question now is what will come of gambit and sunfire, ive heard that gambit isnt suppose to comeback until next year, if this holds true then what can we expect to happen to him, if u read the last issue sunfire and gambit seem to have alligned themselves with mr sinister, or perhaps been captured by him, and throughout the story arc we saw gambit struggle with his transformation into death, when will we see gambit come back to his normal state, and with sunfire helpin him who knows what might come of it, sunfire seems to have lost most of his brainwashing by apocalypse, in my opinion, milligan, completly ruined gambit, he made him a horseman of apocalypse for no apprent reasoning, at first i thought maybe this might work, we might finally have gambit become a good written character again, but that didnt happen, so now we will have to wait and see what comes of these two characters, both of them have strong followings and both also have strong dislikers, so whomever decides to bring these characters back lets hope they make some good decsions on there futures

I think this is a good move for Gambit no matter how it turns out because he has been the same mischievous charming cajun. For a former fan favorite who seems to be losing his appeal, i think this might jumpstart some new interest in the character.

I think most people could care less at this point and this coming from one of the few real Gambit fans.

thats what seems to be the thing, i am a huge gambit fan but i see it really hard for him to comeback from this

I havent even bothered with the "X-Men" title so i dont nkow whats going on but I think its going to take a lot more to make Gambit matter again than lets turn him into a horseman. And from the looks of it, they wont even bother considering hes not on any teams after this.

i hope that whoever does bring him back that they make a good job on writing him, its frustrating that no one can write him good anymore

Gambit has always been my favorite character; I don't necessarily like the direction they took him here with Sunfire, but I can deal with it. I hope they don't let him go for too long without returning him to his more proper self.

I think a good way to continue to develop the character would be to have him get involved in something that shows his ability to operate in illicit conditions. For instance, if this superhero registration thing goes on for a while, I'd like to see him smuggling various supplies and equipment to the resistance - something like that.

supermarvelman said:
How did Archangel's skin and wings change back to normal?

from what i remember his normal wings grew back under the metal wings, and i think the blue skin faded when he got his secondary mutation

now how gambit will be fixed i have no idea, it seems that the only person who has actually been able to write him well, is the man who created him, chris claremont, but we all have our complaints about him, so who ever does decide to take on the task of fixin him lets hope they do it right

Hopefully they kill Gambit off, for good.

what will be done with him, were gonna have to wait and see, i dont know who or what will come of him after this, i hope that whatever does come of it we see gambit bounce back and turn back into one of the better characters again

Darthphere said:
I think most people could care less at this point and this coming from one of the few real Gambit fans.
Are all the other Gambit fans cardboard cut-outs or something? :confused:

TheCorpulent1 said:
Are all the other Gambit fans cardboard cut-outs or something? :confused:

No, just people who know him from the cartoon and Marvel vs Capcom.

Nothing, I thought you were upset because I didn't like Gambit. I know you look up to me like your own personal Jesus and all.

Jews sent Jesus to the cross. The only way I look up to him would be like that. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"