• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

the futures of sunfire and gambit

The Romans put Jesus on the cross, Mel. I know it's confusing, what with the Romans being exactly like the Jews except they weren't Jewish and they had money but they weren't great at banking. :o

TheCorpulent1 said:
The Romans put Jesus on the cross, Mel. I know it's confusing, what with the Romans being exactly like the Jews except they weren't Jewish and they had money but they weren't great at banking. :o

Accoding to that one nun who wrote that book the Romans were the nice guys, except for the ass betaing they gave Jesus.

Well, what's the occasional ass-beating between friends? They were just wrasslin'. You know how nuns exaggerate. :rolleyes:

Wait, how the hell did we get to here?

Sunfire's the only one I'm concerned about. He's always been one of my favs and he needs to be back in the spotlight.

lets get back on track, forget taking shots at each other, the point was to see what the futures of these two characters will be, so lets get back to that, and he might be this generations archangel as it was stated early, only time will tell

Colossal Spoons said:
Sunfire's the only one I'm concerned about. He's always been one of my favs and he needs to be back in the spotlight.
Same here.

what does it mean, he might be this generations archangel? you mean he'll have his powers changed back in like 10 years time? point?? anyway he's got this gas thing right (i get that all the time),but does he still have his kinetic charging powers? and what level are they up to?

i hope gambit sticks it out as some sort of villain. thatd be cool. he was always darker anyway

who knows now that he's back with sinister maybe he will be a villain again, but again who knows only time will tell wat comes of this, but its not looking like anything will in the next coming months, i dont see any plans with him with any of the writers, and i heard he wont make a comeback until x-men 200 and thats over a year from now, but then again gambit has taken a couple leave of absences, before he was brought back so who really knows at this point

MyPokerShirt said:
what does it mean, he might be this generations archangel? you mean he'll have his powers changed back in like 10 years time? point?? anyway he's got this gas thing right (i get that all the time),but does he still have his kinetic charging powers? and what level are they up to?

i hope gambit sticks it out as some sort of villain. thatd be cool. he was always darker anyway

Pretty much.

unless he finally grows some balls with Mr Sinister and stays as a villian I could care less bout Gambits return. bout damn time Rogue can get some without having to wait for some somebody to shut down her powers, now she can get it and kick ass after they are done.

Darthphere said:
Yeah I hate Gabit too, hes such a lame rip-off of Gambit.

Go back to your home on Troll Island.

i think they suck. If you go back and read his solo series it rocked and there were some great themes they could have run with there they should go back to that stuff. IMO

What were his death powers anyways?

He shot out some kinda poisonous gas. I dunno what else apocalypse gave him. He was also strong enough to hold his own against rogue apparently.

Anyway I gotta be honest, I never liked Gambit much as one of the X-men (in the comics anyway. I admit I did enjoy him in the video games)
But now that I think about it I think he'd be pretty cool as a villain. I think he'd be better suited to it.
So I hope this partnering up with Mr Sinister thing works out. OR I hope he doesnt rejoin the X-men for a long while at least.

the question is not what will happen to gambit and sunfire, because those charectors dont have any place in the comic book world. its what the f@@% happened to apocacolypse in the end!
gambit and sun can be killed for all i care.

yeah i mispelled it so what? its a dumb ass charector anyway

from the looks of it the people who granted him, apocalypse, his powers finally collected up on the debt he owed them, so i dont know if its safe to say we wont be seeing apocalypse anymore

The character is, in my opinion, far richer than most of the favorites around these parts. A conflicted man who seeks purpose in life, and is torn because the adage "You always want what you can't have" applies to him more directly than to anyone else...ever.

He's the guy I identify with most - him and Luke Cage. He's down-to-earth and a normal cat. He's pompous to an extent, but only because he's confident in who he is individually. He doesn't care about being the hero, and doesn't care about being an altruistic *****e like others. He simply wants to have fun and get the girl, and possibly gain some accolade in the process.

Honestly, he's what I feel is the embodiment of Objectivism - at least as much as it is embodied in comics. He knows what he wants and goes for it, and that's the epitomy of his life; to get what he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"